It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 new Cameras to Monitor Private Homes Using CCTV in the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.

Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.

Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

But ministers want to target 20,000 more in the next two years, with each costing between £5,000 and £20,000 – a potential total bill of £400million.

Source: www.express.co.uk...

The only thing I have to say is that very clearly the government can push people however hard they want to in the UK and they will never fight back. But I'm not so sure that its different in the USA... they are likely just a decade or two behind on installing cameras here too in people's private residences. I'm not so sure that people are just going to take it in the US though!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Orwell said this would happen.

And this is just the beginning.
The more you take it, the more you will get.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

By the sounds of it it is down to the parents because they cant control their kids, and I mean families with serious issues? Its not like they could force people to except the cameras inside as obviously they will just be broken or sprayed over.
edit on 26-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.

Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.

Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

But ministers want to target 20,000 more in the next two years, with each costing between £5,000 and £20,000 – a potential total bill of £400million.

Source: www.express.co.uk...

The only thing I have to say is that very clearly the government can push people however hard they want to in the UK and they will never fight back. But I'm not so sure that its different in the USA... they are likely just a decade or two behind on installing cameras here too in people's private residences. I'm not so sure that people are just going to take it in the US though!

The people of GB have no way to defend themselves....we do.

I truly hope that they do not attempt to take weapons here. Many people on both sides of the fight will die. That sort of stuff flies up north and in california....not in the South. We still have a strong dose of
vitamin FU given to us in our baby formula and its cumulative LOL!

There is NO way cameras would be allowed to be installed in our homes...at least not with our knowledge.

This is far too close to the issue of "quartered troops" origin of the 4th amendment.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I suppose the expression "balls to the wall" could now mean cameras.

This is really sad, but hey, don't worry - you're still free.
What good will this do without GPS tracking collars on our problem families?
If you have it in England, we'll have it in the US eventually.
The same banks run both countries, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I have a 41inch live katana that I’m sure would have a bit of bite. Honestly I can’t think of anyone here who would allow a camera inside against the home owners will, it seems just over exaggerating a few families who have given permission. I'm sure all around the world bad behavioured youth are monitored for a reason. It’s like saying 20,000 people will be put on tags. It sounds like everyone all of a sudden everyone is being followed when many already are tagged because of serious crime though the other 99% of the population will never even see one.
edit on 26-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The Brits really will put up with anything! If I was a power mad politician, I would use the British public's acquiescence in cameras installed in private homes to go even further, more draconian. Americans will put up with it too, you just watch.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

This American will never allow government into my home for any purpose not expressly authorized by myself or my wife. Any effort in defiance of that authorization will result in lethal outcomes for either them or us.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
...And they are not standing against this? Wow... Are the cameras installed in bathrooms to watch for drug use? This is not current. Also, will not accepted in the US. Let's hope an example for a positive approach isn't made because they would try but fail to enforce it here.
edit on 26-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That's such a great idea. You see, we have two annoying neighbors (one insane and one "illegal") living next door to us, if we were to like in UK and have those cameras pointed at them, I'd be happy!
edit on 2011-7-26 by pikypiky because: To add more "food for thought".

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

it seems just over exaggerating a few families who have given permission. I'm sure all around the world bad behavioured youth are monitored for a reason.

Well its one thing to write the government a letter and ask for cameras to be placed in your home. Its an entirely different thing for the UK government to say: "Do this or else!" and then coax home-owners into doing something they don't want to do at all.

I'm sure bad behaved youth are monitored for a reason as well. And I'm also sure governments have a reason to monitor good behaved youth in their private homes as well. They've got nothing to hide, right? Having a reason to want to spy on people such as "keeping crime low" and having an actual right to, are completely different!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe this article is for real...seriously.....is this some kind of hoax? Please tell me it is.

What is god's name is going on over there? This is WAY over the top. I hope to god there will be some activism to thwart this absurd act by the government. My head is gonna explode looking at this. I don't even know what to say!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I hope to god there will be some activism to thwart this absurd act by the government.

By the time it comes to this, the time for words has ended - words won't fix this problem.

The British might be free again one day but they won't accomplish that with talking or marching with signs.

*I predict British people telling me they are free/that this is a good thing (Stockholm syndrome)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Wow, I can't believe this article is for real...seriously.....is this some kind of hoax? Please tell me it is.

My previous response to this apparently didn't go through. I think its at least a very major exaggeration because nothing was mentioned in a more recent article here where I would expect it to be mentioned:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I've been doing a lot of web searches and nothing else has come up, so I think it could be entirely false or exaggerated. The other articles I've found seem to simply refer to the one in the cited source.

Edit - According to a reliable seeming website the article is entirely false:
www.no-cctv.org.uk...
edit on 27-7-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The camera inside the TV was in 1984 , it directed Winstons life, good old England, it could have been but it is what it is ....so be it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

I guess no one noticed the date of the article in the OP either.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I guess no one noticed the date of the article in the OP either.

The fact that the article is dated 2009 does not diminish the outrageous implications of it's content.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Has the program been implemented in the intervening two years then?

Outrageous indeed. And apparently there is no substance to the article. Did you read the article in the post I replied to?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

you already have camera's installed in your homes. Webcams on computers....The xbox kinect system as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

You speak for yourself.

Unless you are a stalker or a you know him, you cannot know what cameras he has.

*If he has no camera you just violated the T &Cs of this site by lying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join