It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Not sure if I'm just responding to an idiotic troll or not, but I'll bite anyway.

By "people outside the U.S.", which people do you mean? And of course there is a lot of international resentment amongst many societies towards the U.S., which is based on the perceived sheer ignorance of its people. Obviously this isn't always the case, and it is just a stereotype, but a very prevalent stereotype gratuitiously reinforced by people such as yourself. Why else would you feel the need to throw in the fact that the internet was a U.S. creation?

Many other nations have invented things as well.

If you go around bragging about achievments of the U.S., then of course people will respond negatively. Your country may have achieved some very important things, but what have you yourself done?

It seems like you're referring to the ridiculous debate of "Europe vs. U.S.A." If you take anything to do with such a puerile argument, then you are only degrading yourself, and making yourself look the fool. As to all the miserable idiots in this thread who would dare to suggest that "everyone hates U.S. because of jealousy", well that is simply not a fact. No-one is envious of the U.S.A. Really. I've travelled throughout the Americas and Europe, and, well, I've not met a single person who is at all jealous of the U.S. And I've met a lot of people. After living in Australia for a while, I found the people there really couldn't care less about your nation.

No-one is jealous of the U.S. Most people sinmply don't care. The only times when people get pissed off towards that nation is when its denizens start bragging about how wonderful they are and how great their country is. I have never encountered a more blindly patriotic group of people.

Why does the U.S. attack other countries anyway? I mean literally. Is that the only way you can keep your economy alive, by invading other nations?

Every society in the world aside from yours has learnt the words "humility" and "mutual respect". Time for you to learn it too, then perhaps you'll begin to elicit a much kinder response from non-U.S. people.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

I stand corrected, the Z1 from Germany was the first programmable binary computer. When I am wrong, I have no problem admitting it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

It's inevitable that one nation becomes more powerful than the rest. And to put it into context, we're the first one to do so without trying to make every other country a colony with slave populations. We actually do try to help these people. So honestly, I have to say I think America is pretty freaking awesome. It's simply so large and so diverse that even people who do want to enslave the 3rd world have so many loop holes they have to go through to do so, that by the time they can try it, they're dead.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
everyone always hates the one on top.. they always feel like there ppl could make better choices form a better living etc..

you always say bu bu but why dont you leave the us and visit europ etc?

if you think america is so bad why dont you go visit 3rd world countries that are burning there own ppl over a sack of potatos, getting raped, robbed on a regular.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

It's inevitable that one nation becomes more powerful than the rest. And to put it into context, we're the first one to do so without trying to make every other country a colony with slave populations. We actually do try to help these people. So honestly, I have to say I think America is pretty freaking awesome. It's simply so large and so diverse that even people who do want to enslave the 3rd world have so many loop holes they have to go through to do so, that by the time they can try it, they're dead.

ppl always hate those on top. america is awesome, thats why most ppl visit here and stay here. sure it has its faults like everyone else but its still 2nd to none, whether you want to believe it or not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Which country is doing all the invading?You know,the real attacking?

That's why.

Who's been involved in almost every war ever?

"Oh we're in debt..we're in debt..but let's go buy some more tanks and guns"!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

For instance, in 1990s Balkans for example, the Serbs were ethic cleansing Bosnian Muslims and Bosnian Croats. As far as i remember the Balkans was supposed mostly Europeans problem but because of their lack of military/logistics hardware, Europe felt they needed the US so they asked us to take lead while they back us up. Bill Clinton said no stated it was supposed to be Europe's problem then get's slammed on for not taking the lead so Clinton agree to take the lead. It did have a good effect as the Serbs were being driven away from Bosnia and Kosovo.

In Libya for instance, our European allies and the UN asked us to help so to be honest, US had to get involved because of it. Even NATO admit that Europe cannot run the Libya conflict without the US(most of our assets and such). And we foot 75% of NATO military spending while the rest spends on less on their military defense. That explains why NATO in Libya now is bogged down without the US in the lead. They even asked us to start bombing again.

Every society in the world aside from yours has learnt the words "humility" and "mutual respect". Time for you to learn it too, then perhaps you'll begin to elicit a much kinder response from non-U.S. people.

Nice propaganda. If people don't like the US in the lead, then why don't other nations man up their own defense budget instead of relying on the US for help? That's my problem there. Yet so many European politicians rely on our defense budget so they could spend on their own welfare and we had to suffer yet we are talked down. That's what Robert Gates said one month ago. As for most of the world "humility" and "respect" no wonder Europe is bogged down in Libya. They had all the mouth talk yet cannot go without most of our US assets, already bogged down and more people supported Gaddafi than the rebels, even NATO considered Gaddafi staying. That's why i have some distastes for some non-Americans. Talking about America for spending too much but ignoring your own problems.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

I stand corrected, the Z1 from Germany was the first programmable binary computer. When I am wrong, I have no problem admitting it.

im not savy on this stuff but a simple search gave me this

wzus1.search-results.com... bage&p=1&qs=121&ac=629&g=3df1SX5oq4pU2i&cu.wz=0&en=gs&io=0&ep=&eo=&b=a001&bc=&br=&tp=d&ec=1&pt=Charles%20Babbage%20-%20Wikipedia%2C%20the%20free%20enc yclopedia&ex=&url=&u=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCharles_Babbage

dont know if its right or wrong but i at least provided a link.

link doesnt work but search charles babbage
edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed

Which country is doing all the invading?You know,the real attacking?

That's why.

Who's been involved in almost every war ever?

"Oh we're in debt..we're in debt..but let's go buy some more tanks and guns"!

you call it invading we call it helping. this is where your country is weak.. they cant make decisions like this your country will just let ppl suffer. do you want ppl like sadam, osama, hitler running your country?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't hate America.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't hate the U.S or it's citizens, just the government that represents it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by air101

Z1 Computer

Notice I said programmable, binary computer. If you want to get technical, the Romans built the first computer. It was mechanical and did calculations.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

It's inevitable that one nation becomes more powerful than the rest. And to put it into context, we're the first one to do so without trying to make every other country a colony with slave populations.

No, you just kill off the part of the population that can fight then move in and take their oil.

We actually do try to help these people.

By dropping bombs and firing bullets at them.

So honestly, I have to say I think America is pretty freaking awesome.

Rose-coloured glasses.

It's simply so large and so diverse

So diverse that everywhere you go the people speak with an American accent! So diverse that everywhere you go is an American flag. So diverse that......you get the picture.....

that even people who do want to enslave the 3rd world have so many loop holes they have to go through to do so, that by the time they can try it, they're dead.

Who wants to enslave the third world? I'd wager it was corporations and the rich rather than specific countries. And where do much of the worlds top corporations and rich reside? America......GASP!
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Key word there is "represents" it. It's people elected it. Ergo if you hate the government, you must inherently dislike its people for voting them in.

This is why I like the idea of America. Its concept. It's so powerful, it can resist a generational retardation like this one, and still stay at the top of its game.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This is why I like the idea of America. Its concept. It's so powerful, it can resist a generational retardation like this one, and still stay at the top of its game.

Cause it's been doing SO well the last few years - with the whole Global Financial Crisis and the on-going wars sapping the life out of you, not to mention the fact that you can't even get your act together to work out how to pay your debts before August 2....

Yep. It's going fantastic.
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by air101

Well then.
Since you talk about giving to countries in need, let's share some plain numbers on foreign aid for development.
The percentage of GNI the US donates, ranks amongst the lowest from all 'developed' countries:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d2894c96413.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by diamount

Key word there is "represents" it. It's people elected it. Ergo if you hate the government, you must inherently dislike its people for voting them in.

I'm not calling them retarded. It seems with the case of Obama people were mislead or outright lied to when it comes to electing someone into the oval office, but then go back to Bush's re-election.. do you really think people would vote that buffoon in a second time? Obviously that was rigged.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by air101

Z1 Computer

Notice I said programmable, binary computer. If you want to get technical, the Romans built the first computer. It was mechanical and did calculations.

ok... i couldnt find anything about romans though..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by air101

I saw it on Discovery Channel. It had to do with them building their roads or something like that. While not actually a computer as we know it, it did do calculations for them and that is why the roads they built are still there to this day.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No, you just kill off the part of the population that can fight then move in and take their oil.

Look up where most of the oil in nations the US is in goes to. Get back to me after.

By dropping bombs and firing bullets at them.

Only their governments.

So diverse that everywhere you go the people speak with an American accent! So diverse that everywhere you go is an American flag. So diverse that......you get the picture.....

Well actually no, I don't. What does a flag or an accent have to do with diversity? You do realize that nations can be culturally, racially, and ideologically diverse while having one language, one flag, and one accent? I mean aside from the fact the US doesn't have one accent, having one language and one flag actually promotes diversity because you can communicate and exchange diverse ideas better.

Good job being wrong there.

Who wants to enslave the third world? I'd wager it was corporations and the rich rather than specific countries. And where do much of the worlds top corporations and rich reside? America......GASP!

And where do their leaders come from? GASP! Europe, Asia, Africa, Arabia, Everywhere!

Now I want to ask one thing. Why is being at war wrong? The US has been at near-unending war for 209 something years of its 235 years of existence. Simultaneously, in that time period, all our modern wonders were born. I don't think that's coincidence. Nor do I see it as coincidence that the few places America did try and colonize or influence, like Japan, Philippines, several South American areas, are today fully functioning industrial nations while the places Europe colonized, like Arabia and Africa, are in unending war. These wars the US fights today? It's cleanup for the mistakes of others.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join