It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by BrianC

No offense man but this is a piss poor thread. I am an Englishman and have no idea what Obama or any other rep said because you haven't posted a link to the speech/es.

Sure, I could google it but why should I when you can't be bothered to link to whatever it is you are talking about? Could you please post a link to what you are referring to... If not for me then for all the other people who haven't the foggiest idea what you are bangin' on about...

You didn't miss much.
Obama just recycled a bunch nonsense about the millionaires , billionaires and people who
fly around on corporate jets are all evil,rotten,greedy and should give all their money to the
U.S. government so he can redistribute all the money the way he sees fit.

---------------
Speaker Boehner was the adult last night.
He gave an A+ performance.
He said Obama wants a blank check. That will not happen.
We need spending cuts. - real spending cuts - no smoke & mirrors !
The Tea Party refuses to raise taxes during this horrible economy.

--------------
Obama basically HATES the free market capitalism system and is doing everything in his
power to shut it down. He will fail to do so.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

reply to post by BrianC

No offense man but this is a piss poor thread. I am an Englishman and have no idea what Obama or any other rep said because you haven't posted a link to the speech/es.

Sure, I could google it but why should I when you can't be bothered to link to whatever it is you are talking about? Could you please post a link to what you are referring to... If not for me then for all the other people who haven't the foggiest idea what you are bangin' on about...

You didn't miss much.
Obama just recycled a bunch nonsense about the millionaires , billionaires and people who
fly around on corporate jets are all evil,rotten,greedy and should give all their money to the

Which is fair enough, besides "the way he sees fit", that should be down to a huge public vote, using 3 stages
stage 1 the ideas: each person has the choice to put up an idea, those ideas should be sorted into "possible" "impossible" then "worthwhile" "pointless" then "will" and "wont"

after that, the american public votes for the ideas which they see would benefit them.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

AwakeinNM SAID: Notice how the buzzwords I just mentioned worked on this voter? It's the soundbite that gets remembered and repeated.

lol living in the gas & oil belt, I've been saying that since gas hit $2 a gallon.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You gotta love Republican Supporters. Republicans blatantly state "no tax cuts for the rich,cut social programs while still reducing the ceiling of debt"

It's unfair so Obama tells the people their intention.

Repubs call him a liar, unreasonable, unable to lead, etc..

Yet the man is trying his best to make sense of this mess and find a solution that makes sense to everyone. He inherited this problem from the FED, if the FED regulated as their past clearly indicated worked, they wouldnt be in this problem. Even though Alan Greenspan admitted his 18 years of economics was useless by stating his ideology was flawed and he should of regulated further. In comes Ben Bernanke and guess what? He still won't regulate derivatives and the CFTC is basically moot now due to Greenspan and the SEC's push to make them obsolete in finances of derivatives. People who talk about free markets and capitalism and say Obama is destroying it? Try again. Blame Bush, Greenspan, Geithner and some other turd for making the CFTC unable to regulate a market it did for years. Once that happened it was not long before the derivative market lost billions. Causing a domino effect.

No regulation, means recession. Its a fact. In 1940's US made sure to regulate to avoid recessions, somehow that lesson got lost on the 2 term republican president and he spent like a madman, going into wars and investing in things with little or no return and reducing what the rich need to pay into government. Bush's time in office was horrible and he did many things illegally but then later made them legal. He was untouchable.
Blame him and his "team" for your problems, its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt it began with him. Democrats are known as fiscally responsible, even the Ex Fed Chairman admitted this.

All republicans want is to save them and their friends wallets from being purged.

Class warfare? You damned straight it is. I personally tire of the rich having all the power due to the hard work of the average joe, it has to stop and it has to stop now. I'd let the country plunge into panic if I were Obama, people are too partisan to care about the greater good so they deserve to fight over the wealth.

The financial crisis happened because your rich people were not responsible enough to handle monies given to them by investors and the people. The rich people bet your money, then insured your money with another company (AIG) who then got people to "bet" whether it would fail or succeed.
Its a goddamned scheme! Everyone fell for it. Everyone except the CFTC was involved in allowing it to happen.

Now that the rich made this mistake, got you all into this sinkhole with no way out, they suggest taxing you poor people more, suggest still giving bonuses is worth it, still suggest cutting social programs and try to blame Americans for biting off more then they can chew.

Fact is bankers, without regulations decided they liked to make money by making as many loans as possible. These bankers wont pay, but the company they work for will. So they continued to give everyone loans even sometimes without down payments and then proceeded to bet against you all, they bet you would fail. Doing so (failing) lined their pockets with fees while investors and banks were left holding the bags.

Who gives loans to people who cant afford 10% down payment? Loan officers with no investment in their banks, thats who.
Who is to blame? The rich. They are still rich too while jobs plummet, while people starve, have no homes...some made hundreds of millions, some hundreds of billions.

Wanna know where you money is? Check the fat cat on the beach, who is an american banker, in the hamptons. Chances are he got your money, your grandparents money, insurance money for his losses, then a stock buyout when he realised the SHTF.

But hey republicans...follow your party....they will band aid approach this problem and have you revisit it again in the near future. Or you can follow reason and logic, make major cuts across the board, tax everyone equally and see economics regulations put in place. If you don't it will be perilous to the entire world, not just you. Get your heads out of your collective ***** already and do something that makes CENTS! instead of digging bigger holes.

Never seen such ignorance in my life...
edit on 26-7-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Or just give Govt more control, more money and see what it can't screw up...

Sure sure.
Obliviously an Obama sympathizer to the rescue.

I just love how Lord Obama used the SS scam as a arguing point.
That money, taken by force by the Govt was supposed to not be part of the budget. It was not supposed to be used for debt, or other social programs, yet the Govt miss placed it. Maybe it is in Obama's other pants.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Sure sure.

That money, taken by force by the Govt was supposed to not be part of the budget. It was not supposed to be used for debt, or other social programs, yet the Govt miss placed it. Maybe it is in Obama's other pants.

In the 1940's and 1950's the government had more control over regulations over markets, which resulted in some of your best economic booms and some of your best manufacturing booms.

Continue to cloud yourself with your opinion, facts will always win over opinion.

Regulating markets to not rob you blind is a must for all free citizens. If you can't see that your blind.
Did you know banks would almost force American families into sub-prime loans due to the bigger payout they got for making those loans? The more of those they made the higher the bonus they would receive. They would give these loans to anyone who had an income and filed them all as AAA loans even though anyone with half a brain could see they were not close to Triple A secured at all. Did you know Triple A was an "opinion" of the loan officer and had nothing to do with actual financial stability of the person getting this loan?

Thats something that can be regulated, but hey, wouldn't want ya'll to enact those regulations and become nazi's now would we?

As for social security...the crash happened in 2008 and got worse over the years. That's Obama's fault? SS was cashed out long ago and put on derivatives market which all but almost died, if the FED had regulated that market like it could have, or allowed the CFTC to regulate its own market without going to congress and crying about it (republican party did that) then your SS would be there.

Obama is cleaning up the mess of the Bush Administration, don't act like you are oblivious to this. It shows ignorance.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
TPTB, Wall Street, the GOP, The banks are all betting on the nation defaulting as it will make it just that much easier for them to implement their draconian policies and whoever here or anywhere is for them is Anti American and a traitor to this great nation.

Is it right , next two generations in America will live in debt ?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

post by EspyderMan

If you support Obama so much we'll gladly send him to Canada

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit

post by EspyderMan

We would gladly accept anyone who does things with sense and logic. We regulated the Canadian Markets even more during your crash and we are doing excellent, almost a pillar of world economy. Perhaps if the US Parties did some research on economies that work (Canada) and those that don't (iceland) they could learn a thing or two.
Fact is their too busy fattening their own wallets to care aren't they?

Send him our way, we will only prosper more with his help. Perhaps you could too if you could see past Obama and look to his logic and understanding of the situation, but fact is, all you see is hatred when you see that man and nothing good which means you can't possible learn anything from this and are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's not even worth my time to argue with you about it since you know nothing.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It's not even worth my time to argue with you about it since you know nothing.

Cop-out.

I explained clearly what I know. What do you know besides making negative statements without any sort of factual evidence?

It's like saying "I know you are but what am I?"

Puleaase, go watch some documentaries and do some research before you spew garbage.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

reply to post by BrianC

You didn't miss much.

---------------
Speaker Boehner was the adult last night.
He gave an A+ performance.
He said Obama wants a blank check. That will not happen.
We need spending cuts. - real spending cuts - no smoke & mirrors !
The Tea Party refuses to raise taxes during this horrible economy.

--------------
Obama basically HATES the free market capitalism system and is doing everything in his
power to shut it down. He will fail to do so.

Here are a couple links

www.politico.com... (Obama's Speech)

www.politico.com... (Boehner's Response)

What Obama failed to say is that the additional taxes he wants for the upper 2-3% will affect the small businesses in our country that employ about 56%. This will adversely affect the high unemployment. The rule not to raise taxes on the people during a recession who are able to hire more people would be violated. He doesn't get it. A shotgun to the upper wage earners is not the answer. Cut, Cap, and Balance is the best answer to the problem so far IMHO.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by macman

Sure sure.

In the 1940's and 1950's the government had more control over regulations over markets, which resulted in some of your best economic booms and some of your best manufacturing booms.

Continue to cloud yourself with your opinion, facts will always win over opinion.

Regulating markets to not rob you blind is a must for all free citizens. If you can't see that your blind.
Did you know banks would almost force American families into sub-prime loans due to the bigger payout they got for making those loans? The more of those they made the higher the bonus they would receive. They would give these loans to anyone who had an income and filed them all as AAA loans even though anyone with half a brain could see they were not close to Triple A secured at all. Did you know Triple A was an "opinion" of the loan officer and had nothing to do with actual financial stability of the person getting this loan?

Thats something that can be regulated, but hey, wouldn't want ya'll to enact those regulations and become nazi's now would we?

As for social security...the crash happened in 2008 and got worse over the years. That's Obama's fault? SS was cashed out long ago and put on derivatives market which all but almost died, if the FED had regulated that market like it could have, or allowed the CFTC to regulate its own market without going to congress and crying about it (republican party did that) then your SS would be there.

Obama is cleaning up the mess of the Bush Administration, don't act like you are oblivious to this. It shows ignorance.

Oh, the same old smell of recycled BS.
The regulated markets of the 40's and 50's, blah blah blah.
Don't take into account of the wartime situations, or farming, or taxable income.
Of the depression continuing longer, as the Govt arrived on scene to 'help'.

Instead, stick to the talking points of Govt control good, free market bad.

Please pause while a perform a voodoo dance to rid us of the evil free market.

"Boogieman be gone"!!!!

Please, Obama save us from ourselves!!!

Truth is, more Govt equates to less freedom.
The free market is not something that can harm you. It is the people in control that harm you, and no matter what regulation is put into place, the Govt will not stop them. The free market can, as you can take your money and business else where. Instead of the Govt not allowing them to fail because you know, how many Union workers would be unemployed then??

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh, like how our unemployment rate has gone up since he has been in office? How GM got bailed out by him, AIG employees got bonuses from his bailout, shall I go on? How he has increased our military presence over seas? You obviously know everything since you are Canadian, and us Americans who deal with it everyday know nothing. I like how you base your so called knowledge on documentaries...like none of those are left wing!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

post by EspyderMan

We would gladly accept anyone who does things with sense and logic. We regulated the Canadian Markets even more during your crash and we are doing excellent, almost a pillar of world economy. Perhaps if the US Parties did some research on economies that work (Canada) and those that don't (iceland) they could learn a thing or two.
Fact is their too busy fattening their own wallets to care aren't they?

Send him our way, we will only prosper more with his help. Perhaps you could too if you could see past Obama and look to his logic and understanding of the situation, but fact is, all you see is hatred when you see that man and nothing good which means you can't possible learn anything from this and are part of the problem.

Doing well huh?
How is that new Harmonzied tax going for you? No, I didn't make up that absurd term. It's Canadian for a combined "Provincial Sales Tax" and a national "Goods & Services Tax" a.k.a. value added tax. In Ontario, the HST is 13%. That's right, 13% on top of the cost of everything you pay for. It's a "consumption tax".

Please, PLEASE take him. I am sure there are some more of our moronic politicians we could send your way.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I guess here on ATS, telling the truth is a no no.
It is bush's fault that we are in this situation. Before fox news was trying to blame everybody except the republicans for the mess. ie. clinton and cater.
Where was the outrage there or the outrage for towards bush for causing the mess?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

He may have started it, but the dem's sure didn't do anything to stop it. They had complete control for 2 years and did nothing about it. Let's let blame lie where it should. Look in the mirror. You elected them, it's your fault, period!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
bush, obama?

Same thing.

Wilson, FDR? Same thing

Dem, Republicans? Same thing

Seriously can we be over this yet?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Obama urged Americans to contact their congressmen, and I urge Americans to contact Obama via email. Washington is the problem, and he is the biggest part of Washington. The govt. needs reform. To get out of the debt crisis we should freeze govt. spending, bring ALL the troops home, and third legalize marijuana.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

What? A politician blaming another politician? No way!

ha, that is funny. Just right into it...Not even going to try and be subtle.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join