It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When the Earth is Still Here on Dec 22/12?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So what will Earth look like if Niburu/Elenin/Planet X and whatever else it's called, doesn't happen?

This is the quote that got me to thinking that whether or not something does happen, there is going to be fallout of some kind. If it's not on an ELE scale, it's going to be on a social level. Type '2012 suicide' into Google and you will get 36,000,000 results. Not all are pertaining to 2012 but with an approx. 2.5 million websites dedicated to this event, it’s a good indicator of a coming Global madness IMO.
www.foxnews.com...

"I've had two teenagers who were considering killing themselves, because they didn't want to be around when the world ends," he said. "Two women in the last two weeks said they were contemplating killing their children and themselves so they wouldn't have to suffer through the end of the world."

Back in 2009, when a lot of people still hadn't even heard of what many were predicting as the end of the World, Nat Geo put out this article:
2012 Prophecies Sparking Real Fears, Suicide Warnings
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Survival kits, documentaries, and nearly 200 books presenting the "real" 2012 story are all on offer. And you could probably surf the Web from now until Armaggedon—tentatively slated for December 21, 2012—and still see just a fraction of the Web sites and products devoted to the topic.
But amid all the hype—including a viral marketing campaign for 2012, the disaster movie opening Friday—some people are developing honest "end times" anxiety that has experts seriously concerned.

www.foxnews.com...

"At least a once a week I get a message from a young person — as young as 11 — who says they are ill and/or contemplating suicide because of the coming doomsday," Read more: www.foxnews.com...

People are already gathering ahead of time in France where an estimated 500,000 people belong to cults. This is creating concerns for Mass suicides like a Jonestown scenario.
2012 'Apocalypse' Could Spark Mass Suicide
www.kitv.com...

PARIS (CNN) -- The specter of a mass suicide tied to the widely predicted end of the world in December 2012 has prompted a warning from a government official in France, where people are already gathering at a place believers predict may provide the only escape from the apocalypse. Read more: www.kitv.com...

So we have the suicides that are most likely going to happen before or on the actual date but what are the reasons? So far, the only ones I can come up with are religion, desperation and basically tiredness.

But what about AFTER the event if nothing happens? What about all the people that may have sold all their earthly possessions in order to live life to the fullest in the last year? How is the Stock Market going to be affected with huge sell offs in anticipation of the end? And then we have all the people that will have experienced suicides in their families. How are they going to react?

On another note, what I also see is a lot of people doing things and acting in ways before the event that would never cross their minds. An increase in rapes, murders, theft etc. For those that believe that their life is going to end, why not? There will be no chance of having to pay for those crimes so why not satisfy all those urges in one big final rampage of hedonistic madness?

It's already horrific when we hear of a mother and/or father killing themselves with their children in a suicide pact for various reasons but the potential that this is going to cause scores of families to kill themselves and their children is very real and probable.

So the main question is what do you think the World will look like on Dec 22/12 if nothing happens? What are people going to be thinking when they wake up and find that they have nothing left? Or guilt sets in from the things they may have done in the belief that they were going to die anyway? What about the families/towns/communities that will be torn apart from mass suicides?

What do you think?

If it is indeed going to happen, that's a scary thought in itself. But to me, it will be absolutely horrifying to read the news after nothing happens if that's the case. The horrors of mass suicides and crimes are one thing but the guilt that will set in with the losses of morality, families, faith and more will be a turning point for the entire World.

Thanks

edit on 24-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Publishers invent another date and write more books.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nothing, we go on with our lives and pretend the other party doesn't exist.
If it does come, I frankly will be damned and will die of shock. Simple as that.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well if nothing happens then it would be good news and all will continue

but .....no one really knows

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Well if nothing happens then it would be good news and all will continue

but .....no one really knows

I don't think it will be that easy. The World will be in mourning for a long time with what is being predicted as mass suicides and crimes such as murder, rape etc.

I honestly think it's going to be a very somber day.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
we get a extra nice crimbo and a good ol piss up on new year then we get another false phrophacy to keep the CT sites and books going

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The same thing that happened when the rapture was delayed till september.. You're going to have a lot of people feeling like a horse's ass.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

"I've had two teenagers who were considering killing themselves, because they didn't want to be around when the world ends," he said. "Two women in the last two weeks said they were contemplating killing their children and themselves so they wouldn't have to suffer through the end of the world."

I think this is just stupid... absolutly stupid.. why would you kill yourself because you are going to die... IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! If 2012 is true your going to die anyway... But there could be a chance that it wount happen so why not ride it out? You might live? and if you die, at least you go out with a bang... Not by a rope in your garage next to your idiot wife who convinced you to do it and your 2 kids....

edit on 24-7-2011 by 412304 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wait're running out of oil and hope that there is no war.But I think we all have noticed.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

good for us, that just means that there will be a couple of thousand less mouths to feed, and a couple of thousand less whiners.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
Wait're running out of oil and hope that there is no war.But I think we all have noticed.

Are we?

www.viewzone.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 412304

Originally posted by jude11

I think this is just stupid... absolutly stupid.. why would you kill yourself because you are going to die... IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! If 2012 is true your going to die anyway... But there could be a chance that it wount happen so why not ride it out? You might live? and if you die, at least you go out with a bang... Not by a rope in your garage next to your idiot wife who convinced you to do it and your 2 kids....

I can't help but agree with your post but the fact remains that for whatever reasons, it will happen. And on a large scale as well.

Yes, it's our fears that will kill us first.
edit on 24-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When nothing happens in 2012..

Sheep. Will. Fly

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What Happens When the Earth is Still Here on Dec 22/12?

Shake off the hangover, look for any significant changes in humanity, if there are none, continue down the road of disenchantment. Oh, and finally start preparing for retirement, now that we are all gonna be around for sometime.

I had not considered the suicide and crime wave situation, but man that might be contagious and reek havoc all around, I hope not...

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We will still be here but that would be proof of a cover up since we know we shouldn't. Hence the biggest conspiracy ever invented is when 6 Billion people think they are still alive.

Seems as logical as most other end of the world conspiracies so far! It also means believers don't have to admit they are wrong it's we sheepies who don't realise we are being lied to about the earth surviving.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yes, it is stupid, but that's what you get when dealing with believers of 2012, stupidity.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I am thinking people who do things like that were looking for the excuse, they wanted out but needed a reason to not feel guilty about it.
Personally I could never believe anything that completely until I saw it myself happening! i have food and water in case but not spending enough to change the way I live now and I still feed and water the roses for next years blooms!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If the loopies and paranoid execute themselves before that date. All that happens is we have less stupid people on the planet aftwer that date

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't write off the 2012 thing yet folks.
The Blackhawks win the cup,then the Bruins,and now Winnipeg is getting a team again.
Don't be suprised if the reptilian Gary Bettman is working with Lord Stanley of Nibiru to take over the earth.

Seriously though things seem worse and worse every day,so who knows.I will be at home with my BOB just in case, and yeah even if the world doesn't end I'd expect some chaos anyhow.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When we speak of the demise of the world, then it does not mean that it explodes or simply disappear. It means that the systems break down or nature plays crazy ..And none of you can tell me that the world is ok still.I say it has stopped turning for a long time. my opinion .. we'll wait.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join