It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS 80 Dead at Utoya Island - NORWAY

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hopefully this person is caught as soon as possible and if not at least a lead to why it would have been done, why would he wanna not only kill anybody but a bunch of kids at a camp. What did they do wrong. Terrorism is so stupid. I dont get it

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

That's the real issue here!

If we continue to falsely blame Islam for the woes of the world we will end up justifying an extermination much greater than that alleged to happen against the Jews!

As a former right-winger, I can safely say that this mindset is easily the #1 reason I jumped ship. It's too easy to blame people we know nothing about!

In fact when this was first being reported many people, including members of ATS, claimed that it MUST BE an Islamic extremist. I hope the egg on their face stings a little.
edit on 22-7-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Americanist

Thing about certain States... You pull a gun and start firing off rounds into a crowd you're bound to get popped by half a dozen concealed handgun owners in a matter of minutes... If not, seconds. This freak would've been turned to Swiss Cheese.

I agree a gun and/or Concealed Carry person(s) would have stopped this tragedy on the Island.

It is horrible and insane that this man murdered 80+ people on an island after the bombing and was able to do so without being stopped until many people and children were dead.

If they just had a gun or two at the camp in a safe maybe they could have done something quicker...

Whoa, there, Tex! If them yung 'un got ascared and fired indiscriminately wit dem guns, might be more yung uns dead.
Really, the presence of guns is no guarentee of anything. Even trained people that carry concealed weapons act more boisterous since they have a weapon. Not all, people, but quite a few, gun owners know whom I refer to.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I surmise you forgot to mention the Camp Counselors who are at the Camp some of whom were possibly murdered /executed who are in their 20's -40's

Guns probably would have saved Lives Today instead they were helpless from a criminal insane psychopath with a gun who murdered possibly 100+ more people today in his attacks.

This is an atrocity.

And i'm willing to bet 1-2 guns in the safe at the camp that could have been accessed by the camp counselors could have possibly saved many innocent lives today.
edit on 22-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz

Originally posted by Americanist
The real tragedy... He'll get thrown in prison which for Norway is an efficiency apartment, means to work, make/ save money, free rehabilitation/ healthcare, weekend passes to visit friends/ family... Actually, it's more like a resort compared to our system. Give the guy 5 years in jail. He should be fine and dandy.

I'd rather it be like that than capital punishment anyday to be honest with you.

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thing about certain States... You pull a gun and start firing off rounds into a crowd you're bound to get popped by half a dozen concealed handgun owners in a matter of minutes... If not, seconds. This freak would've been turned to Swiss Cheese.

That doesn't make the situation any better....
I'm not gunna get into a gun law argument with you but yeah....
edit on 22-7-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

You would? So say you had a daughter who was 12 at the time of her rape and murder... Not just your average smother her face with a pillow, but chainsawed limb from limb her body completely dismembered. The death contributed to massive blood loss. You would rather see her killer downing beers over the weekend with his old gang would you? Let's assume you're at the same bar... Feel like biting your tongue, finishing your drink, and turning tail homeward? I wonder the outcome...
edit on 22-7-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Ever heard of the "FPSRussia" gang??? heavy hard-core, glock 18,, and grenades,, types,,?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

not a gang its an american with a youtube channel

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yes I have. But what do they have to do with this event?

From what I understand they are one mean paintball team, but what do I know?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

When one of our Congresspersons was shot in the head a 'concealed carry' rushed to the scene with his gun drawn. Instead of firing the weapon he helped subdue the shooter with another bystander. Contrary to your belief... This person used a weapon as last resort.

With the amount of time it took to kill 80 kids I'm sure a camp instructor with access to a firearm would've made a dent in their massive death toll. As the saying goes... Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I concur my friend I concur.

Maybe they did have a gun at the Camp and couldn't get to it in time before the gun man killed them and/or they were too scared to get to the gun.

We just don't know

But i'm willing to bet in a Peaceful country like Norway they wouldn't feel the need to have a gun to protect from these type of Atrocities.- At the Camp.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Ever heard of the "FPSRussia" gang??? heavy hard-core, glock 18,, and grenades,, types,,?

They display the AA12

killing machine

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I found a Blog post Eye Witness Account of some Events that Transpired on the Island the Translation from Norwegian is a Bit Rough but its comprehensible

Harrowing....

kamzy.no...

Use Google Translate if you use Google Please. This is a story from one of the survivors

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Jesus H Christ give it a rest.

You polluted another thread already with this nonsense.

FPSRussia is some guys in the US- one filing the other shooting while the guy on the range makes witty sayings. The grenade you posted elsewhere is an effing paperweight.

Remove your head from your 4th point of contact and for the love of all that is holy- STOP!

Interestingly enough there were false flag postings on several jihadi websites. I was an intel weenie with ME experience and I bought into it for a while. Cpl other ATS members pointed out a few new facts and I reread the entire postings from Ansar al Jihad and "Helpers of the Jihad" and found loads of syntax errors, poor word choices, poorly constructed sentences...

Definitely NOT professionally done though. No tinfoil hat CIA/Mossad joint op- just some whacked out Christian extremist running a nonsensical "Muslim" press release thru a translation program.
edit on 22-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Incredibly Horrifying picture i found on a TL(TeamLiquid) Thread.

WARNING EXTREMELY GRAPHIC - BUT LOW QUALITY IMAGE

bildr.no...

I hope This scum-bag rots in Hell and i don't even confide/believe in Religion

It shows the Gun man Standing there with 10-20 people massacred while 1 boy/man begs for his life in the water.

I can't explain how angry this makes me knowing this $%@@* was able to murder so many innocent people

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

who would have taken that picture?

police?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I think so or news copter from A helicopter i am aware.

Or the Police in a Helicopter. I don't know atm

But i think it was taken from a helicopter.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Dear TheUniverse

I will concede that on this occasion a gun in the right hands could possibly have saved lives.

However who on earth says who has the right hands?

Once upon a time a long time ago now I had a business with about 30 employees.

There was an occasion where I sacked a guy because he was just too thick to do the job. Nice lad but he was costing more than he was worth. He left on friendly terms no problem. He would come by and say hello to his old working companions no problem.

Then one day and I have to say this was in the UK he came in to show me his gun collection. There was a Spanish copy of a colt 45, a colt 45 genuine and a 9mm, revolver. All owned legally in the UK with licenses etc,.

The police issue the license.

I admired the engineering and scratched my head.

I sacked him because he was too thick, and I was not wrong.

So I say again the RIGHT HANDS????????

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I don't really gather your meaning can you expound and be less cryptic with your post.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Dear TheUniverse

I will concede that on this occasion a gun in the right hands could possibly have saved lives.

However who on earth says who has the right hands?

Once upon a time a long time ago now I had a business with about 30 employees.

There was an occasion where I sacked a guy because he was just too thick to do the job. Nice lad but he was costing more than he was worth. He left on friendly terms no problem. He would come by and say hello to his old working companions no problem.

Then one day and I have to say this was in the UK he came in to show me his gun collection. There was a Spanish copy of a colt 45, a colt 45 genuine and a 9mm, revolver. All owned legally in the UK with licenses etc,.

The police issue the license.

I admired the engineering and scratched my head.

I sacked him because he was too thick, and I was not wrong.

So I say again the RIGHT HANDS????????

I guess I am English but it look quite clear too me.

Anyway my point is who’s opinion would you like too accept on who should have a gun.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Anyway my point is who’s opinion would you like too accept on who should have a gun.

Idk but i think a gun should be readily available for people to defend themselves from psychopaths like what happened on Friday!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join