It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Threatens to Kill Concealed Carry Gun Owner During Traffic Stop

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Cop Threatens to Kill Concealed Carry Gun Owner During Traffic Stop

www.theblaze.com

A police officer’s dash cam in Canton, OH caught a disturbing exchange last month between a cop and a driver during a traffic stop. In it, the cop can be heard (and seen) berating a man for not telling the officer immediately that he had a concealed carry permit and thus a concealed weapon, even saying that he should have killed him. But there’s just one problem: the man tried several times but the officer cut him off.

“I could blast you in the mouth right now!” the officer says in the video af
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed swear word from title.

edit on 21-7-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Totally unprofessional. Totally disturbing that individuals with this state of mind are in charge of "maintaining the peace". Certainly, not all cops are like this but the ones that are, definitely give others a bad name. This man needs therapy... Badly....

The dash cam video:

ohioccw.org...

WARNING: Video contains raw audio. Only license data, personal identifying audio, and eight minutes trying to identify who the male passenger was were edited out. Video contains a substantial amount of vulgarity.

“I could blast you in the mouth right now!” the officer says in the video after finding out about the man’s gun. “I’m so close to caving in your Godda**ed head,” he adds. “You fu** with me! You’re just a stupid human being!”

He continues: “Fu**ing talking to me with a Godd***ed gun! You want me to pull mine and stick it to your head? … I tell you what I should have done. As soon as I saw your gun I should have taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and put ten bullets in your ass and let you drop.”

“And I wouldn’t have lost any sleep!” he screams.

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21/7/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This has been posted multiple times already... "Cop conceal carry" pulled up 2 others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The officer threatened the mans life...umm..isn't that illegal? I know I can't threaten peoples lives.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
This has been posted multiple times already... "Cop conceal carry" pulled up 2 others

Didn't you know that you can post the same story in different categories?

Authorities abusing their power should be in EVERY category. Even BTS!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Not only are mad but stupid. Do they not realize there being recorded. I guess this is why they don't like public recording them.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Not only are cops mad but stupid. Do they not realize there being recorded. I guess this is why they don't like public recording them.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
theres enough stupidity to go around both by the cop and the motorist.

dude should have told him he was carrying just for his own saftey while most cops are alright trust is an issue i have with just about all of them.

so if that had been me i would have said that first thing so the cop wouldnt draw down on me or shoot me.

now if the motorist had said that to a cop he would be sitting in jail right now.

the cop shouldnt be one if what he said indeed did happen.

americans have become stupid while most will say they arent actions such as these say otherwise.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That cop has anger issues SERIOUSLY!
How would you like to be his kid or wife.
He needs help.
While i understand it's a dangerous job.
Walking around with that big of a chip on his shoulder is going to get him and his partner in serious trouble.
I wouldn't want to be his partner.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
[more

He has no right to talk to ANYBODY like that regardless of what happend. Those should be threats used against that cop in a court of law. Yes the motorist may have not succeded in getting the arrogant sob to hear he was carrying but does not deserve that!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That is just ridiculous. That cop is a moron and a sociopath, and cops like him disgrace what the police are supposed to be about. He doesn't deserve to wear that badge, and damn sure shouldn't be carrying that gun. Seems to be a rising trend in stuff like this and you would think these idiots would shape up seeing as how there are cameras everywhere now. Good find OP.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He couldn't tell him right up front because the cop kept telling him to shut up or redirecting the "conversation". He had no desire to hear anything the man said.

The man ended up with a misdemeanor - not a felony - and is not "sitting in jail". The man is also suing.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

oh thank you for the update op and great find but I blame you for me being so pissed off right now lol

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

What can you expect when the police departments are now made up of military police who have served in some cases mutiple times in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now they are being turned loose on the American people. Most of them shouldn't be allowed any where near a gun much less in authority positions. You can not untrain a professional trained killer. What is wrong with the police? Why are we seeing law enforcement behave as a police state? Gee I wouldn't know.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Police officers abusing authority never ceases to amaze me. Something about a piece of metal that gives you a license to kill makes them feel like they're a higher class of citizen, a whole different species that is superior to us peons, and you know what? That's how it is a lot of the time, a person can't even do something that the officer may interpret as threatening or else they might get beat, tazed, or shot to death. Call him anything other than sir or officer, and you've got a problem. Talk back and you've got a problem.

Well you know what? Next time a police officer is acting like he's the man in the castle, the First Amendment of the Constitution that he doesn't care about allows you to say whatever you like, and throw up a middle finger.
edit on 21-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Now I know why the citizens need guns and assault rifles. It is for reasons like this. I cannot believe that the SS officer threatened to shoot the patriot.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

That is kind of a blanket statement.. there are plenty of professional acting cops that have served in the mil.

Any way there are a bunch of bad cops everywhere...... this is why most people do not like cops. IMO if a cop cannot stand that OTHER "normal" citizens have guns they should not be cops. Also if a cop has some sort of mental unbalance they do not really need to be a cop either...

--> Bottom line if someone is threatening to end your life you better snuff them out before they do the same to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Being in law enforcement most of my life, I have seen some stupid cops.

But I have to say that I am absolutely sicken in my stomach on this one.

That poor citizen. You heard me right.

I hope this cop is fired and then arrested for the things he said and for what he did.

I have a friend in that area. I will see if I can get any info.

How many times do we need to see this before we, as a society, demand change?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join