It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' fires back at hacker hunters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

'Anonymous' fires back at hacker hunters

sg.news.yahoo.com

Notorious hacker group Anonymous posted a defiant message to police Thursday and boasted of plundering sensitive data from NATO computers.

"We are not scared anymore," read an online message that purported to be a response by Anonymous and splinter group Lulz Security.

"Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us as you cannot arrest an idea... there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- you can possibly do to make us stop."

As if to underscore the point, a message posted at a Twitter account by "AnonymousIRC" claimed to have looted about a gigabyte of NATO data that even t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If anonymous are as big as they claim, then a war against an army of anonymous people is futile. This sounds alot like the war on terror, but in the form of "electronic terrorisim." How long will it be until we have the face of the "head" anonymous terrorist--er, i mean hacker in the news, and a FBI reward for his capture?

sg.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Isn't this the same as this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Do you really think you can stop an idea

Especialy when the idea is called "freedom" ?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i absolutely love the idea of freedom that Anon is spreading. The government will never stop this idea because the group is so big and faceless that they cant possibly shut them down.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Different article, actually. Also, I'm coming from a different angle.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm currently on th fence in regards to anonymous right now. On one hand I grin every time I read a headline about them messin with the system, and actually taking a form of action. On the other hand, I worry that due to there actions there will be increased censorship and restrictions forced upon the internet.
I still don't think there a CIA front though.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I dont understand why these hackers do it from their home and get caught on their IP address. Why don't they use an open free access point like a coffee shop. Its easy not to get caught.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No government or army can stop an idea whos time has come....

bring it......

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I dont understand why these hackers do it from their home and get caught on their IP address. Why don't they use an open free access point like a coffee shop. Its easy not to get caught.
I'm pretty sure the people you're referring to were some rookies that got caught. From what I've heard from members that have a good understanding of hacking and internet connections and all that stuff, the members of Anonymous have tons of failsafes and know how to not get caught or tracked.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
These government puppets (Anonomous) just got their tails handed to them by some Turkish hackers.
So they can't even hold their own in the nerd world, how are they gonna change the real one?
And it proves the Middle Eastern world views them as a branch of western government, so all you anon worshippers are at the alter of TPTB, hahaha. (ironic in so many ways)

Why are there so many topics on the same subject?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Even if they did, they'd probably buy their coffee with moms credit card so they would be timestamped to the crime anyways.
These make believe super hero kids will get caught no matter what, they are the fall guys.
And of course the MSM will be there, cameras rolling as the FBI knocks on the door.
Then the MSM the next day will run another story on Anons message response.
Then the night time MSM shows will have the expert talking heads on to tell us all how we need to regulate the internet.
It's a well orchastrated act, and they are all in on it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Wow , i rarely saw someone so angry and jealous after Anonymous

Did me hurted your feelings ?

everytime a thread talk about Anonymous , you start raving and getting all angry..

Seriously nothing can stop us, and probably not peoples like you
Your rants about Anonymous are getting weirder.

Why are you wasting so much time spitting on us ?
If you dont like the idea of Anonymous, i can understand it, but getting mad about it in every threads made about Anonymous is kinda suspect

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I love annaqonymous...i just hope they graduate to a little better class of targets....
Why not erase the databases of the banks ort the goverments irs dept?
I can think of a lot of REAL things for them to do....add a couple zeros to every social security check maybe?
Give em a dime and my phone number....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prozium
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Wow , i rarely saw someone so angry and jealous after Anonymous

Did me hurted your feelings ?

everytime a thread talk about Anonymous , you start raving and getting all angry..

Seriously nothing can stop us, and probably not peoples like you
Your rants about Anonymous are getting weirder.

Why are you wasting so much time spitting on us ?
If you dont like the idea of Anonymous, i can understand it, but getting mad about it in every threads made about Anonymous is kinda suspect

The study of sheeple in the wild fascinates me.

Hows that for weird?
Here's your goat back.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Prozium

Do we have a real ANON member in our thread here? If so, can we ask you some questions?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hacker hunters are hackers themselves so in turn they are no better and worse in principle than Anon hackers.

So IMO I would not trust someone hacking Anon because to do that they themselves have to know enough to get inside the world which confesses illegal hacking practices.

Who's to say they won't do WORSE things down the road and have the defense of hacking Anon members as a scapegoat to fall back on?

Alternative answer

edit on 21-7-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Anon is all over these boards, and each may have a different answer to questions you have, but sure ask away, it can't hurt

Don't forget, Anonymous is a certain mindset. The mindset of freedom against tyranny. You yourself are probably anon as well, just don't categorize yourself with them. But the government throws all of us "truthseekers" together, so to them, you and everyone on this site is part of Anon.

So before you ask us, ask yourself because you may have the answers you seek

Peace and Love

-Skerrako

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Actually that doesn't strike me as too safe, when you get right down to it. Just about any place in public has a zillion cameras going.

Now, if you hid out on the roof of a building a block down from the coffeeshop and used a high performance parabolic antenna to access the wifi hotspot at a distance, you might be talking. You also need a "legend" identity, among other things...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I would hang out in my car next to a coffee shop. It is so busy in NYC that anyone can park a car on the same block with black tinted windows and hack away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join