It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' fires back at hacker hunters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
reply to post by zookey

I think they realize this. But that can be difficult when its the Corporations and Governments that have everyones personal data.

Anon maybe do, but Lulzsec DON'T and have demonstrated that clearly.

You don't hit corps by releasing innocent persons details, you release the details they dont want out, their dirty tricks and documents on their business etc same for government.

edit on 24-7-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I like the idea behind anon but if they really wanted freedom they would do more than DDOS and small hacks. If they wanted true change they should wipe out the banks and credit agencies around the world and liberate everyone from the Debt Slavery that is running rampant in the world. That would be the first step toward true freedom.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Anonymous Is Heading to Extinction! Yes!

Link: Teenage LulzSec Hacker Unmasked in UK Court

A teenager believed to be a leading member of the Anonymous and LulzSec online activist groups appeared in a London court Monday charged with hacking offences including an attack on Britain's Serious Organised Crime Agency.

If you click on the link above the quote, you can get a really good look at Anonymous' leader.

He is only 18 years old.

He will be allowed no Internet access and will live under a curfew with his mother and brother, who have just moved to Lincolnshire in eastern England and have not yet arranged a broadband connection.

Hahaha...

edit on 8/1/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

This deserves it's own thread...

For the LULZ hahahaha

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
wordpress blog

So folks continue to ask me why I am ‘after’ anon/lulzsec….
Well I’d like to address this.

I am not particularly ‘after’ anon (that’s not denying that we have had our run-ins), everyone their roots and anyone who can google knows mine.

However… Lulzsec, hmmm different beast. Lulzsec are threatening, and inciting and RECRUITING.

While Anonymous claim to be ‘leaderless’, Lulzsec is obviously not. And Anonymous in their desperation for the world to see them as anything other than what they really are… have allowed themselves to have a ‘leader’.

That ‘leader’ is known as ANONYMOUSABU

It appears to me that the non-hacking, law abiding members of Anon are being painted as "terrorists" by association. The "extortion" that springs from the hacking side of OP Onslaught, in my opinion, doesn't help.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I dont understand why these hackers do it from their home and get caught on their IP address. Why don't they use an open free access point like a coffee shop. Its easy not to get caught.

because a smart investigator would be able to get your image and learn your identity. assuming he could find which computer and where, the time and date, he could simply pull up surveillance...easier to get caught.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Even if some aspect of these operations are government controlled, it is obvious there is a very real element of actual activists.

If the government did use, or stage some attacks for its own agenda I am sure it would only strengthen the resolve and the ranks of the activists.

Imagine all the talented people that would suffer a crack down in internet freedoms, imagine if these people had no recourse but to fight back.

I think this will end in an all out war, one that can never be won by the government but can be won by the activists once higher value targets are attacked.

Attacking people's personal saftey is one thing, it's when they attack the money the sparks will really fly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join