It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 MUFON Symposium: Anyone Going?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hello

Wandering if anyone is going to this symposium. Looks very interesting despite how some may feel about the poly-tricks of MUFON administration.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Couldn't listen to it all, the voice was so irritating. -.-

I don't think I'll be going btw, gave up on MUFON >.>

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I truly wish I could be there, but alas time and money is not a luxury I currently possess so I wont be going I am now planning to go next year. which should be more interesting 2012 and all.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
hmm interesting may be something worth checking out. anyone whos been there before care to give a little heads up on what to expect?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I know this for a fact about MUFON symposiums. They ernestly wish to keep an environment of seriousness and professionalism , they are fussy about such (Or have been, I hope they maintain such, it's a good policy) versus a festival atmosphere.
At least, that is how it always was (I'd been off and on with MUFON since '84) up through the James Carrion Directorship.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is right down the street from my house - I'd love to go - but MAN, those registration prices!

Maybe I'll stick an "ATS PRESS" badge in my tin foil fedora and crash the lobby anyway so I can send back some pictures for y'all. Nah - don't worry Amigos, just kidding (heh heh heh)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

hmm maybe i shuld reconsider then haha i tend to be sort of a clown haha thanks for the heads up

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Nah, not this year. I'm not even a MUFON member anymore. Kind of seems like the inmates are running the asylum these days. I might go next year if it's closer to FL. It would be exactly 20 years since I went to one.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Do they never take MUFON events to an international level, are they always in America? No, I won't be going, because I'm a British UFO enthusiast. I often see speakers that look very interesting - but I can't afford to fly out there just for that. Maybe a British counterpart should be started. But the entry fee is beer.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
so is it just a bunch of lectures or a whole exhibit on everything ufo kinda like ud find at a gun show???

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Hello

Wandering if anyone is going to this symposium. Looks very interesting despite how some may feel about the poly-tricks of MUFON administration.
snip

MUFON is a worthless organization. Nothing has changed since its creation. Whatever they're going to speak about, whatever they're going to show, it's been the same thing over and over for decades. It's all over the Internet, why do they go on? Lay down and die already!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Hello

snip

MUFON is a worthless organization. Nothing has changed since its creation. Whatever they're going to speak about, whatever they're going to show, it's been the same thing over and over for decades. It's all over the Internet

Well, no, it's not all on the Internet. A lot of it is on the Internet because of MUFON. And, like OMG, MUFON actually sends people out in the field to investigate and record sightings. You know, like first hand and in person not through a computer monitor? I know this because I was one of them, a Field Investiator and State Section Director. I personally investigated about a dozen sightings. About eight of them had prosaic explanations. The other four probably would have with more information. One of them might have been real or a drug and alcohol induced hallucination. MUFON probably has the best database of sighting reports outside of the military. I left because the woo woos seemed to be taking over but I still have hope for MUFON.

new topics

top topics

join