It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quartzite Arizona Updates and background (town where "Martial Law" was declared....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've been trying to keep an eye on this topic because of everything involved, corruption, law violations, constitutional law violations, harrasment, political intimidation and a declaration of martial law, not to mention 42 USC 1983 violations for false arrests.

So far the city has released a statement saying the Police Chief has been cleared of all charges against him. They stated their internal investigation found no wrong doing, and in their press release they waived "attorney client priveledge" to bring that information to the people.

In the same press release, which takes the complaints filed by 10 of the towns 14 officers to task, for "lying" during the investigation. One of the more verbal critics of the chief, who had filed complaints before all of this mess started, is now the target of an IA investigation the city is conducting, in which they accuse the officer of outright lying. They also go on to state that the complaint letter filed by the "anonymous officers" is baseless.

Problem is the complaints, nor the letter were anonymous. Every single complaint turned in by an officer was signed by that officer.

Also, instead of using the State DPS to conduct the internal review, at no cost to the citizens, the city manager of Quartzite opted instead to hire a private attorney.

I wonder why??

Press release from Quartzite AZ

Apparently the city needs to look up the term liying, as well as who can claer the Chief of wrong doing. The Arizona Department of Public safety is now finally involved. They have closed out one allegation against the chief, and have afew more to go before he can be considered clear.

Some other intresting information:
Source

* - Mayor calls town meeting, city council and the city manager are absent.

* - At a City Council meeting where officers were filing their complaints, the meeting was ended early and people were told to leave or be arrested.

* - In the last 3 years, the town has gone through 5 mayors and multiple recall elections.

* - City council is so paranoid, that when the most recent mayor was elected, city council changed the city statutes stripping the mayor of any authority.

* - The city has been warned by the State as well as the County Attorney that the manner in which they conduct meetings is a violation of the open records law - The council has ignored those letters.

* - People who appear to be against the chief have been targeted for harrasment, and so far the charges filed against those people have all been dismissed by the City PA.

What did some of the council members say when confronted about the open records law violation?

In interviews, Lizarraga and Lukkasson said they do not care if some council meetings are deemed unlawful or if public-records laws are broken. Nor do they believe accusations against the police chief. In February, they extended the police chief's contract and increased his pay.

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

This is going to continue to get worse... I am curious how long its going to take before DPS or the FBI come into the town and arrest the council members and the city manager.

Quartzites bitter political feud continues - Lots of info and timeline details
Quartsite - Blog
The town of Quartsites Internal review of the Chief of Police - 322 pages
Chief threatens blog
Quartzite Police Officers Association letter requesting investigation into the chief
Info about the AZ post investigation into the chief and possible FBI investigation

I didnt want this issue to fall out of the spot light. Anyone else have any other news about this?

edit on 20-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What about the woman who was speaking ? I'd love to hear some more about the ORIGINAL incident where she was charged .

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
What about the woman who was speaking ? I'd love to hear some more about the ORIGINAL incident where she was charged .

Since the ousting of the Mayor, the towns new Reich's Chancellor is the Chief of Police.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

wow...I'm really glad I don't live over there...seems as if if the corruption is completely out of hand...and they don't even deny it...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Great Post....

I wonder how we can get a Quartzite officer who filed a complaint as an ATS member to give us first hand updates and more direct info?

As the world becomes more unstable you'll see more of these tinpot tyrants, mayors and small time dictators. You'll also see more people taking the law into their own hands and removing them - forcibly.

The time for tolerating corrupt political leaders is over. We the people are the ultimate law and when we've had enough.......... "hell is coming to breakfast".

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's all the fault of the pigs... oh wait... it actually is this time

Great post which does not seem to garner the attention some of the others do yet is 1000x more disturbing and ominous. Thanks for taking the time to do all the digging into the story that you have done

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

When this first came to light on this site (Ill look for the origional link and post it here) phone numbers and email addresses were posted for the city, and people form ATS apparently called and offered support ot he Mayor.

Lemme look it back up and Ill report it here so people can continue doing that.

EDIT to ADD -
ATS Thread - 'State of emergency' in 'Nazi'-cop town?

ATS Post
Town of Quartzsite, AZ
AZ State Government Website
Federal Government

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That's her, Jennifer Jones. Now what were the original charges she had faced , prior to this meeting?

That's what I'd like to know and whatever that was about her keys and the mayor interfering during the arrest?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
With the possible involvment of the FBI, I would say they are scrambling to cover their collective butts. Probably even resorting to intimidation of anyone filing a complaint. When his own officers are calling for an investigation, you know this guy has to be crooked. Hopefuly the chief and the council will wind up behind bars.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

That's her, Jennifer Jones. Now what were the original charges she had faced , prior to this meeting?

That's what I'd like to know and whatever that was about her keys and the mayor interfering during the arrest?

I think she was charged with disorderly conduct if I remeber right. I dont think the charges went anywhere for obvious reasons.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Well, it's kinda important and is the reason she showed up at the meeting in the first place. If I remember right, the chief of police and the mayor were involved in the incident were she was arrested prior to the meeting.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
With the possible involvment of the FBI, I would say they are scrambling to cover their collective butts. Probably even resorting to intimidation of anyone filing a complaint. When his own officers are calling for an investigation, you know this guy has to be crooked. Hopefuly the chief and the council will wind up behind bars.

I hate to tell them this, but when AZ DPS, the State oif Arizona, and the Feds all take notice, I dont think attempting to hide or downplay whats going on is going to work.

Im pretty sure that tactic was from a Family guy episode.......

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I've been seeing the same in Cleveland, OH for years. The FBI took it's sweet time compiling the evidence. But it looks like they have fool proof cases.

It just irks me that it took so long. This town is dying at the hands of the corrupt.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What is sad, is that on the whole, this is typical small town politics at play, from my experience.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
What is sad, is that on the whole, this is typical small town politics at play, from my experience.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I dont completely agree with that statement, but for the time being ill give it to you. What is refreshing though is it looks like the people are going to take a stand against their government.

Reminds me of the quote -

"Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)

Maybe this is the small group that was needed to remind Americans of how our Government is suppose to work, in addition to reminding them that they are the ultimate check and balance for the Government.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
So Boss Hogg moved to Arizona, where's those blasted Dukes when you need them.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Isn't Arizona a hotbed of UFO activity because of the large amount of quartz under the ground there? I thought the whole state hums like a tuning fork. I think we have our answer folks. This is how it starts. Aliens are coming up from underground and trying to take over American towns one at a time. Glad they are meeting with some resistance. This is how those sci-fi films begin.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Isn't Arizona a hotbed of UFO activity because of the large amount of quartz under the ground there? I thought the whole state hums like a tuning fork. I think we have our answer folks. This is how it starts. Aliens are coming up from underground and trying to take over American towns one at a time. Glad they are meeting with some resistance. This is how those sci-fi films begin.

You're joking right? aliens coming from underground and taking over..........forget to take your meds today?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is the testing ground for martial law and what is to come.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Looks like it is time for the people to start getting up in their face about it.

Start picketing with signs stating to the affect that "Leave office" and "his authority is no longer recognized".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join