It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sovereign Debt Downgraded to a "C-minus", DHS Warns Of Terror Attack If Debt Ceiling Not Rais

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Bad juju to piss off a large quantity of people, and mess with their only means of survival.

How long have they been doing that and still the large majority of the population aren't doing much
They will once they are hungry though, a revolution comes only from the belly unfortunately

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Cygnis
Bad juju to piss off a large quantity of people, and mess with their only means of survival.

How long have they been doing that and still the large majority of the population aren't doing much
They will once they are hungry though, a revolution comes only from the belly unfortunately

INdeed, apathy is a horrid thing.. And until people are directly effected, by either war in their front yard, or empty bellies, and starving children.

Sadly it is so, the status quo is apathy.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
what everyone dosnt seem to understand they dont want to fix it, they want to ride it to the wheels fall off and make as much money as they can in the process. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR ME! they want power!

TPTB are completely fine with america defaulting as im sure it is part of their plans. Why would they be printing North American currency allready? They need the u.s. to default in order to begin the North American Union silly.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There will be a small revolution when this happens but nothing like everyone thinks. TPTB will very much still be in control.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The only terrorist attack that will happen is the federal reserve printing more money and the DHS and TSA groping Amerika.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Not terrorist attack.

Revolution is coming if debt ceiling ain't raised. No more entitlements. Greece like scenario... but people are armed in America.

Well then, I kind of feel sorry for TPTB, because Revolution is coming if the DO raise the debt ceiling. Kind of dammed if they do, dammed if they don't scenario. Serves them right.

I am 100% AGAINST raising the ceiling. It only prolongs the inevitable, and delays any chance at a real recovery. I am FOR the Dems plan to cut all tax loopholes, and the Reps plan for deep cuts in spending, and the Tea Party's hardline stance on the debt ceiling. That combination has a chance to work, anything less = riots.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ok so we have been told in the past one reason for the terrorist attacks is because America is so rich. NOW they are saying that if it collapses we will be attacked by the same people.

am i the only one confused by this? i would think they would be happy about it. "see how the corruption has turned on THEMSELVES, Allah be praised he hurts those who are against him". or something like that anyway. would be an AWESOME propaganda shot, to add a terrorist attack to that would actually hurt such propaganda, at least i would think so.

i guess the cutting off ss and welfare BOOGIEMAN, wasn't as successful as they thought so now they are bringing out the TERROR boogieman. to scare people to urge them to raise the deficit ceiling. what is the next card to be played? if the ceiling isn't raised a foreign nation will land on our shores to do a military takeover? seems to be the natural progression to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is just more proof in my mind that the global terror threat is linked with global business. The mafia went global on us. They now fund terror cells through their massive wealth and use the threat attack on us as a warning to act, so that we will demand government to intervene. Pathetic that more in government are not looking at this angle. Instead we chalk terrorism up to a bunch of religious fundamentalist without giving due consideration to who might be behind funding these operations. Somebody has to fund global terrorism and it is not the average person who spends all their money trying to survive this world and put food on the table. It is the wealthy that fund terrorism, whether through legitimate or illegitimate enterprises.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I could just puke.

They use ANY excuse to whip up the population regarding terrorism.

How stupid do they think we are.....

Sign me,
Disgusted

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
But one thing they are right in is that Bin Laden wanted to hurt us economically
But we are hurting economically, but who's hurting us? Not muslims, no it's our elected officials and the FED

Muslim extremists must be laughing. To your point look at all the money spent on DHS initiatives and bolstered security efforts, wars and for what? Perhaps in the grand scheme of things they have won because through fear they have driven the US that much further into an economic abyss. Maybe that was the plan all along, strike, then watch the US crumble slowly from the inside. There's no question that now is an opportune moment for terrorists but why shed blood when the US is destroying herself.

brill

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hope people bought silver during that little dip.....this might be what it takes to send it over 50 dollars, and I know at the moment, gold is almost at 1600.

the only thing is Weiss isn't one of the major rating agencies....but I feel the debt ceiling will be raised and a crisis will again be diverted, for a little while at least.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I can't actually find where it says an attack will happen if debt ceiling not raised.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Hope people bought silver during that little dip.....this might be what it takes to send it over 50 dollars, and I know at the moment, gold is almost at 1600.

I'm loaded up on the white metal, physical no paper. Beans, bullets and bullion

However if the markets go boom then silver would nose dive due to less demand from the industrial sector.

brill

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ok so the banks held congress hostage "if we dont get billions you will lose your jobs"
then the milatary holds congress hostage "if we dont get billions you will be invaded"
the congress gets sick of being a pawn "if we dont get more money for the banks and military well cut SS"
so the people lose SS education, health and jobs
cause no one really gets hurt except the average joe

looks and sounds like extortion
pay up or bad this will happen

bernake makes more money the worse things get

then obama gives 10 billion to the UN as americans starve to death

who is holding your country to ransom
your govenment or some guys in a cave

xploder

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abney
I can't actually find where it says an attack will happen if debt ceiling not raised.

then look again
it's there

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The whole scare thing, including government 'Satanists', and terrorism (anti-muslim) propaganda, together with HAARP and chemtrails is staged to try to 'control' the stock markets...

www.cracked.com...

If you revolt, try not to shoot the wrong people...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We are no longer citizens to TPTB, just consumers. That's why when times get tough, we're told to "go shopping".

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

All I'm thinking is that Al-Qaeda already won. They wanted the demise of our country - they got it.

We were strong and powerful a decade ago and then when the last president foolishly put us into 2 wars under the premise of fighting terrorism, little did we know that would be the end of USA while we waved our flags and spouted patriotic rhyme.

Terrorists don't have to bomb us and kill us all, our leaders destroyed our entire country from within. Bin Laden would have been proud.

Khar

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Its time to let it crash and burn. It is going to anyway. They will do exactly what they did in Ireland and Greece just to name a few. Obama said its time to eat our peas and I agree all of us including the lying thieves should all eat our peas. The only way to ever get out of this it get them out of our lives and especially out of our bank accounts.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Instead of raising the debt ceiling stop foreign aid, end the wars, enough with the cronyism, repudiate the FED and go from there There's massive savings wthere

That's just not possible to remove the FED without a revolution and total financial collapse of the USD seeing how the FED own America.

This is looking worse than the 1930's depression and it's global this time, Greese is almost done for and Spain and Italy are not far behind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join