It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sovereign Debt Downgraded to a "C-minus", DHS Warns Of Terror Attack If Debt Ceiling Not Rais

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Lets stay focused on the big picture here folks. The agenda is a one world Gov. in order for that to start, our economy has to be reconfigured and cut up. TPTB need a trigger to start their plan in motion. Weather it be economic crisis or a disaster / terror attack. something or everything is ging to happen. one piece at a time, and in big bites when no one is looking.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Typical government manipulation combined with people voted into economic leadership who couldn't read a financial statement.

Pretty weak and transparent manipulation. Possibly the special operations domestic psychological operations team is purposely not doing it's best under this administration? Cudos to the operators!

It's stupid to raise a credit card limit for someone already deep in debt. Why can't congress see raising the debt limit is the same thing?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The 'terrorists' are here already eroding aour freedoms and creating a greater climant of fear than some group of people angry enough to lash out at the US because of decades of oppressive forign policy.
The true terrorists pick acronyms for themselves, DHS, TSA LEO, ATF, CPS, FBI, IRS...
I would rather the acronym bullies would take their laws and disappear and I will take my chances with the angry people.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

This is exactly right!

The object of "terrorism" is to enact some political change through fear and manipulation. There is no foreign entity enacting any terrorism on the US. There is only our internal fear-mongering from the government and the press. All of the political change has not been to free prisoners or demand foreign aid or stop an occupation, NO, the political change has been to erode our personal freedoms and privacies.

Terrorism is rampant in the US, and it is all domestic, and it is all courtesy of our elected leaders and press corps!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How much of an authority is this Weiss guy?

Seriously... I don't know. This is not even 'news' elsewhere, yet (that I could see)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
*crickets chirping*

Guess, that answers that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Not terrorist attack.

Revolution is coming if debt ceiling ain't raised. No more entitlements. Greece like scenario... but people are armed in America.

Napolitano is afraid her and her crew are gonna get what they deserve... arrested and tried for violating the constitution, aka treason.

Are you saying we should cut off the 50 million people on SSI? I just don't understand why people allow fear to
shut down their common sense. Maybe these seniors and crippled can go out and get jobs! Oh wait that's right
there are no jobs for anyone let alone another 50 million people. Why don't you people grow some balls and
put the blame where it belongs on the Banks, politicians, Corporations, media and judicial people if you can call them that!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

What entitlements are you talking about? If you mean cut Welfare then i'm fine with that as long as there are jobs for all these people but if you are talking about cutting SSI then there has to be some kind of sense as to why?
Did you know that the SSI fund is not in the red, it is actually 2600 billion in the green but because of our corrupt
politicians spending the excess money each year, all that is in that fund, is an IOU! We need to grow some balls and put the blame where it belongs and stop punishing those that worked hard!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well then, I kind of feel sorry for TPTB, because Revolution is coming if the DO raise the debt ceiling. Kind of dammed if they do, dammed if they don't scenario. Serves them right.

I am 100% AGAINST raising the ceiling. It only prolongs the inevitable, and delays any chance at a real recovery. I am FOR the Dems plan to cut all tax loopholes, and the Reps plan for deep cuts in spending, and the Tea Party's hardline stance on the debt ceiling. That combination has a chance to work, anything less = riots.

Never feel sorry for someone that already has a seat in a lifeboat, while the rest of us stands in line waiting for lifeboats that have allready sailed. If we do ever have a revolution, TPTB will wait for all the disenters to come into DC and then nuke it while their safe 1000 miles away or deep underground! Then they will claim there was a terrorist attack on DC and luckily congress was not in session!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Big lesson learned from NYC in 1975 was: Don't spend money you don't have.

Raising the debt limit will cause a default.

Not Raising the debt limit will avoid a default.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
reply to post by BioSafe

What entitlements are you talking about? If you mean cut Welfare then i'm fine with that as long as there are jobs for all these people but if you are talking about cutting SSI then there has to be some kind of sense as to why?
Did you know that the SSI fund is not in the red, it is actually 2600 billion in the green but because of our corrupt
politicians spending the excess money each year, all that is in that fund, is an IOU! We need to grow some balls and put the blame where it belongs and stop punishing those that worked hard!

$$$$$$
I have read your posts nosacrificenofreedom and I agree with what you say. Now to clarify my stance

I won’t attempt to mention all the entitlements I would cut and NO I would NOT cut SSI. Most of the folks who collect SSI have involuntarily paid into the program. I am aware that SSI is in the black and that the parasitic officials with (R)’s and (D)’s attached to their office would love to get their blood sucking mouth parts attached to it.

To make it simple. If you have never attempted to gain employment and are of able body or if you are pucking kids out at a rate that a tape worm would envy your assistance gets cut to **ZERO** If you have a history of crime your assistance gets cut to **ZERO**

I am all for helping those that need assistance to get back on there feet. I am also all for cutting those mentioned above off at the knees.

I could go on and on with personal experiences watching folks use and abuse the system. These folks should be cut off at the neck.

The United States of America is one of the most generous countries in the world. (at least we used to be before we were told we had to be). When the citizens are over taxed and over regulated our generosity drops. Allow our citizens to work and prosper and we will take care of the needy without the need or the help of bulging bureaucratic agencies who abscond with the bulk of the collected money. Money that never reaches the ones it professes to help.

edit on 22-7-2011 by BioSafe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

DHS Warns Of Terror Attack If Debt Ceiling Not Raised

Well now we know who the Terrorists are.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach the man to fish, and you've fed him everyday!!""
or however it goes ....
I've known many, many people who have worked, and well, are still in need of help with their rent, food stamps, ect...

there isn't gonna be much of an improvement till the pay these people are getting for their work is enough for them to pay their bills!!!
these people are doing jobs that society needs, in many cases, the companies they are working for are making enough money that they could pay them more, but, for some reason, they are choosing not to, or instead they are choosing to divert some of that profit to the higher wage earners in the form of raises and bonuses....
got to tell ya something, if society can't even wrap it's little minds around the idea that these people deserve to at least earn the money that society and the business sector has made necessary to keep them alive, well, I have little faith that they will be generous enough to give them much of anything!!!
dependancy=servitude!!
and it seems like there's far too many people in this country who would rather have far too many people dependant either to the gov't or to "charity", or to husband, and thus, in servitude!!!

there cannot be this level of dependency in America, and America still retain it's freedom!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
just sick an tired of hearing about debt ceilings, bailout an all the other crap they seem to come up with that is not fixing one problem. there is a pretty simple solution to getting this economy going again but no one seems to mention it. it is common sense approach, so im sure that is why it is avoided.

raise taxes/tarrifs on any company wanting to peddle their goods here. every country does it but america. make it more to ship jobs away and goods in. when it becomes more profitable to make and sell goods in america then things will start to turn around. and lowering our wages is not the way to do this, but it is exactly what corporate america has instructed the idiot politicians to do.

since everyone wants to claim its a capitalist society and market. well why isnt our government treating it as such, and raisng the cost of doing business with us? it doesnt seem good business in a capitalist society to not charge for the price of business. especially when everyone we do business with understand how it works an does this very thing to us.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

very truthful and exact post. i am being hurt because of the very things you speak of. used to make 60,000 a year now wont even make 20,000. been that way since i lost my job at end of 2008. just dont understand why they want us to take pay cuts to compete in world when all we really have to do is raise price on goods entering our country from another.
personally i dont mind paying a little more for a product or service if it means i am keeping americans working and keeping the economy moving. we will eventually have to pay that price anyway. might as well pay that much so my countrymen can have a life, not just some foreign ceo's.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

when I was a kid, there weren't any hundred dollar sneakers, and the shoes were made in the US...
my hometown has a huge apple orchid there that would hire us kids in the summer to pick apples, we weren't making that much money, neither were the migrant workers we worked next to. a big juice factory would by the apples. now, well, the orchids are for the most part left abandoned, or have been replaced with homes and what was at one time a brewery, which, well, the company probably decided to move overseas, think it's empty now...
and well, the juice factory now imports a bunch of juice concentrate from overseas....
why?? oh, because, the gov't will give them huge tax breaks if part of their product is imported!!
there's no way in hades that anyone is gonna convince me that the juice made from concentrate shipped from far aways lands isn't less healthy than the juice that is made from fresh produce grown from the area!!
ain't no one gonna convince me that it is less costly (without the huge tax break that is) for the company to has it all shipped from overseas!!
and, it no one gonna convince me that the juice is less expensive now that it was...a quick trip to the store will prove otherwise!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

weiss is a protagonist...and has no standing or authority as a 'established' rating Agency

Apparently you are the only other person on ATS who subscribes to Weiss's e-mails. I have a friend who followed all of Weiss's recommendations. She lost all of her money and is reduced to telling fortunes on Venice Beach. The rest of you go ahead and fantasize about your revolution, though. Just don't look into the actual facts of the OP... it will kill your buzz.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.

It's a great idea, lets do that.

Worldwide debt forgiveness day!

We will have a chance of sorting this crap out then. The debt ceiling is a false choice, the debt isn't real.

The threat of terror attacks is very transparent, you all see through it, hope you can do something about it.

What I do not understand is, if all the countries are insolvent, who do we owe to? Our kids? That doesn't make sense, If all that debt produced so few tangible beneficial results, the debt slate should be wiped clean.

When these things are done, we make sure warmongers are severely dealt with for incitement of hatred.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by muzzleflash

All debt is junk, especially the kind that comes from international banking institutions or capital investment banks.

Great words. The implications then are of course that the US is being held hostage by foreign interests.

Heck yea....its the ol company store thing......if you are in debt to the people that control the flow of things as it were then you are screwed.

In a very basic way it akin to what happens to a person that becomes hooked on slot mechines.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by letscit

when I was a kid, there weren't any hundred dollar sneakers, and the shoes were made in the US...
!!!

Great point and right to the heart of the matter. In the end after a nation no longer has the means to produce for itself.....the prices start going up and sucking all that "wealth" out of the area. Bad idea....stupid idea for the locals.

There is sort of an old parable that goes something like this....."Who really controls the sword? The man with one in his hand or the guy with the sharpening stone"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join