It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forgotten JFK Assassination tapes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged rising Against.

Great thread, and an amazing compilation of video. I've been a long time believer in a conspiracy to kill JFK. I don't believe it was one crazed lone gunman. Unfortunately all of the theories I do have just cannot be proven today, and I don't thnk the truth about this assasination will ever be proven.

But it's a great thread to archive all of the pictures and footage of the assasination events immediately before and after.

Can I ask you one thing?

You write after many of the videos how the crowd seems to run toward the grassy knoll. Is it your belief a shot, (and if so,which shot?) came from that area? I mean the implications that the crowd would run toward the shooter is not something I can easily wrap my head around. But then again I wasn't alive when JFK was, and I didn't know how beloved he was to the people of this country. But even so I would think that the majority of the crowd would run for a safe place to hide, a place they think will shield them from the shots being fired. So in my mind, that means that no one thought that the shooter/s were in /around the grassy knoll. Again though it was a different time, and a different President. Perhaps people would have chased after a gunman.

Anyway thanks again for the great post. Well done

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Can I ask you one thing?

You write after many of the videos how the crowd seems to run toward the grassy knoll. Is it your belief a shot, (and if so,which shot?) came from that area? I mean the implications that the crowd would run toward the shooter is not something I can easily wrap my head around. But then again I wasn't alive when JFK was, and I didn't know how beloved he was to the people of this country. But even so I would think that the majority of the crowd would run for a safe place to hide, a place they think will shield them from the shots being fired. So in my mind, that means that no one thought that the shooter/s were in /around the grassy knoll. Again though it was a different time, and a different President. Perhaps people would have chased after a gunman.

I disagree.
I think in most instances, a crowd would attempt, in any way they could, to find and then apprehend anyone who had just committed an act such as this. I certainly don't think all of them would be running away from any single individual at all anyway.

When looking at the various films, you'll notice that not everyone actually reacts straight away. There's seemingly a sense of disbelief at what had just happened. Then, the crowds start to gather themselves and the majority of people begin to actually run to the knoll, from the looks of it, in search of someone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1f13cafdbc7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdc595b42dea.jpg[/atsimg]

(Ignore the arrow, I added it for another thread and this is the only pic I have of the people running to the knoll)

If a shot had come from the opposite angle, we'd know about it as all those witnesses we can see would be screaming about him and pointing him out. They'd also, presumably, be looking back, not focused on the knoll. But, they didn't. Many of the witnesses report hearing shots coming from the knoll, this from people on different sides of the motorcade. The Zapruder film also seems to show a shot from here as it was the right, front hand side of Kennedy's head which primarily suffered from the impact.

It's these reasons why I would assume they suspected a shot from the knoll as opposed to one from the opposite angle.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks for a very informative post OP, I, like others in this thread had no idea how many films where taken around the time of the assassination.
I was only a 4 year old on that fateful day, but saw a documentary in my teens and from then on became fascinated by the subject.
I have just been re watching the series 'The Men Who Killed Kennedy' and in one of the episodes the theory is put forward of a shot coming from the storm drain in the pavement. I wondered what your/everyone's view was on this.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonotar

Has anyone tried that?

Oh, and I can assure you.. if I could ever set something like that up, or found a group of people willing to help on making it happen, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even have to think about it in fact.

One area I'd love to examine further is the possibility of a shot from the Dal-Tex building for one. I feel that would be a by far more important place to firstly look at than anywhere else, even the last shot and the possibility it could have come from the knoll. Reason being, this building seems like a much likelier candidate for what caused the injuries to Governor Connolly and JFK's throat/upper back when the first shot occurred - now commonly known as the Single Bullet Theory.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I've use to have a picture with clearly Oswald in a front of book depository together with other workers meeting cortege.Just lost it..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by airliebird58

I wondered what your/everyone's view was on this.

Well, I haven't looked into this particular theory a great deal, instead, I've looked into others such as the Grassy knoll shooter theory for example, the Dal-Tex shooter and so on..

This being so, you may, however, be interested to hear the views of one Jim Marrs - someone who I'd consider a great researcher and someone who's very knowledgeable when it comes to the JFK case. Here's one of his posts from when he was on ATS regarding the sewer shot:

I have heard about the possibility of a shot from the storm drain for many years and even met the daughter of a woman who said she and friends witnessed someone firing from the drain opening. But the mother refused to be interviewed and I have been unable to substantiate this story. I have always hesitated to discuss the storm drain because many years ago one of the earliest and best researchers, Penn Jones Jr., editor of the Midlothian Mirror, was ridiculed incessantly. Debunkers said he was claiming that Kennedy was shot "from a sewer." I have myself stood down in the storm drain which is located a mere six feet from the point of Kennedy’s fatal head shot. I could comfortably stand in this drain (I’m not too tall being 5’7”) and it would have been an easy pistol shot to a person sitting upright in an open convertible. Some witnesses said that one of the shots sounded hollow, had a ringing sound to it. And it could have been possible to leave the storm drain via a large drain pipe which connected to an opening behind the wooden picket fence on the notorious Grassy Knoll. But did a shot come from this drain? At the moment, there is not enough evidence to state yes, but it remains an interesting premise.

An interesting sidebar to this speculation is the fact that in the 1980s a section running vertically down the Grassy knoll collapsed. The Dallas Street Dept. found that someone had dug up a section of this drain pipe and cut away a piece about 2 feet X 4 feet and replaced the cut section. But instead of welding the section back, whoever did this simply replaced the section on the pipe and over time it gave way causing a collapse at that point. There was some speculation that perhaps an assassin had stashed his weapon in the drain pipe and was retrieved surreptitiously at a later date. This drain was connected to the storm drain at the foot of the Grassy Knoll.
(Source)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Has anyone ever syncronized the motorcycle open mike to the videos?
If I can remember correctly, the "fourth shot" has been left as "Inconclusive".

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Yahm16

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand exactly. Do you mean like this?:

And the HSCA seemed quite sure of the 4th shot. Also when looking at a close up of frame 312 and frame 313 (shown below), we can see a forward movement (this followed by a sharp movement back and to the left which we can't see in the below GIF) - this being a possible reaction to another shot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aba2ea4b4fb.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 18-7-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The storm drain is the reason i was asking if anyone had ever seen a picture of the windshield of the limo after the assassination because Dr. Evalea Glanges stated seeing a bullet hole in the windshield. www.youtube.com... this could possibly account for the shot to the throat.

As for the storm drain you may want to watch this video www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

yep, a video like that. (the sound problem I found was in my computer).
Would it be a waste of time to try and find any other audio recording, or is there more?
Also, sorry , should have worded it better, what I meant by "inconclusive", was that out of all the documentaries and shows is that the fourth shot has never been debunked. It is what it is I guess.
I must add thanks for your time and effort put into this thread, I bet if you check the number times viewed on these videos, they've jumped up qiute a bit from what they were when you started.
Lastly, I wasn't being sarcastic about asking if you've ever been to Dallas, just saw your location and wondered if you've had the chance, or if it's on the "must do" list?
thanks,
Y16
edit on 18-7-2011 by Yahm16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't have time right now to catch up on this thread, so if this has already been shared, I apologize for the repeat! I just found the link to the following site and video on a liberty website and thought of you right away, Rising Against:

Groundbreaking Interview With Lee Harvey Oswald's Girlfriend, Judyth Vary Baker
7-part video:

www.federaljack.com...

I'm going to go watch it now!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The first video is David Ferrie on the grassy knoll pointing a rifle at JFK.
The second video is the theory from where the bullets where shot
The third video would explain the wounds found in the second video And like some people claim the limo window had a bullet hole in it .Someone claim that he found projectile coming from the front in the Nix Film

1 Mystery Gunman on the Grassy Knoll david ferrie

2 The JFK Assassination - the Last Shot

3 Nix Film

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Yahm16

I believe there's only this one recording and even this has undergone a great deal of criticism ever since it's release in the late 70's. One of the main points against it is, upon listening very closely, researcher Steve Barber was able to hear the words uttered by Bill Decker, these words being "hold everything secure". Why this is significant is he's known to have said these words around a full minute after the assassination it's claimed.

This, and this alone, as claimed by some, disproves the theory shots were caught - as they weren't conclusive shots anyway really. They were fours sets of "impulses" it's also known as. So, it's certainly worth taking this recording with a dose of skepticism, like we should do with everything else in this case.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I suspect at least 4 shots being fired in Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination still, most probably at the time it's shown in the dictabelt reading. Hell, I'd even claim there was 5 all in all (the first one being the one that's missing from the tape). Maybe even more than that even, we just can't be sure.

Oh, and sorry about that. I must have overlooked your post. There's been quite a few I've had to reply to after all. Anyway, to answer your question, no, I actually haven't even been to Dallas myself unfortunately. I can assure you though, it's definitely on the "must do" list.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

Firstly: Well knowneedtoknow, you already know my theory on the Nix film as I posted it in my opening post of this thread. My conclusion in a quick summary for you here and now however: There simply is no gunman present. So, I'd love to hear your thoughts in reply to that. Please read the opening post for my full thoughts once again though.

Secondly: Simply put, what makes you think David Ferrie was the shooter here? And I mean what proof points to him not just being a shooter on the knoll, but a shooter that can be seen in the Nix film?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
All the tapes in one video:

edit on 18-7-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey RA, You may want to look at this page educationforum.ipbhost.com...
it has a reasonable scenario for the number of shots fired and from where.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Yeah, I've read a little bit from that site before to be honest. I have to really as there isn't as many people interested in the JFK case here it would seem.

Bob Harris' site is also very interesting, very informative and always worth a read. Here it is: JFKHistory.com. He's also one of my favorite researchers right now and by far.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
from the Zapruder film.
you can see the blood spray from the head.
there is Now way a shot from high up.
the book shop could have don that.
it would need to be low and from the side.
and as he passes the road sign, blocks cam view.
you can see some thing hurts him.
then you get the side head shot.
his head goes sidways and a little back.
mosly sidways.
edit on 18-7-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow, nice work compiling all of these movie clips. I had no idea so many movies were taken that day, I was only aware of the Zapruder film, and only two others. Some of the other ones really give us a perspective of the chaos that ensued that afternoon.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
For over 40 years I have looked for a discussion of this. The whole thing was a stage. All they had to do was set off a fire cracker on the grassy knoll to further divert attention. The last shot came from the FRONT LEFT forcing a recoil in the direction of the bullet!

Kennedy Assassination Discovery? The ‘Death Bullet’ on Film!
May 28th, 2009 by johnferrisrobben.
ourgreenwich.com...

"The following concept may have never been presented in public until now......."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join