It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell: If Obama stiff-arms us, we'll go to the people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
If I were Obama, I'd be "Stiff Fingering" McConnell, along with the rest of the republican/tea party, at every opportunity. The current republican/tea party mentality is the most destructive force, with regards to American values, that I've witnessed in my lifetime and the sooner they meet their demise, the better.

Ditto to your entire post. The above was so humorous

You know, at ATS we talk about time travelers from the future coming here now. What passes for the GOP nowadays seems to be time travelers from the past! The disaffected Right from the 1950s.
New Rightists and Old Anti-Communists and the John Birch Society and Koch brothers Libertarian Party of 1980, which back then got 1% of the vote.
edit on 16-7-2011 by desert because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have a VERY hard time taking any Republican seriously when they speak of fiscal restraint.

How many decades have these guys spent spent spent on wars, subsidies, and porkbarell projects? And NOW you believe they care about fiscal restraint?

Believing Republicans care about fiscal restraint is as intelligent as believing Democrats are anti-war.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It seems pretty obvious at this point that the US government is intentionally crashing the economy to hyperinflate the USD for the purpose of inflating our debt into nothingness, while at the same time creating the required chaos to enact sweeping 'reforms' of the American people's sense of personal freedom and likely a surrender of sovereignty to a larger body.

The manipulation of Chinese currency basically set up a trade imbalance driving revenue away from the west into china, and the USG feels justified in giving them some of their own medicine.

Unfortunately, for us, the result will be WWIII.

enjoy the rest of the decade, folks!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Obama has his own Plan B.

Do not raise taxes.
Do not reduce spending.
Just issue an executive presidential order to raise the debt ceiling by $2.4 Trillion.

Why are you attempting to label this as Obama's plan B? What you have outlined here is clearly the plan being proposed by McConnell in the senate. This plan B is the what the right wing of the senate is now offering in lieu of the House republican's inability to negotiate in good faith. They would rather go down protecting their rich donors than to achieve 4 trillion in cuts, what a joke!

On top of that, the taxes will go up on their own when the current extension of the Bush tax cuts expires in 2012. Obama has already stated that he would not sign another extension. With this in mind, the republicans still refuse to negotiate on revenue increases, what a bunch of idiots! It's no wonder that people like Scott Walker want to eliminate unions, it's because they, (republicans) don't know how to negotiate in good faith on any level.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

If I were Obama, I'd be "Stiff Fingering" McConnell, along with the rest of the republican/tea party, at every opportunity. The current republican/tea party mentality is the most destructive force, with regards to American values, that I've witnessed in my lifetime and the sooner they meet their demise, the better.

Ditto to your entire post. The above was so humorous

You know, at ATS we talk about time travelers from the future coming here now. What passes for the GOP nowadays seems to be time travelers from the past! The disaffected Right from the 1950s.
New Rightists and Old Anti-Communists and the John Birch Society and Koch brothers Libertarian Party of 1980, which back then got 1% of the vote.
edit on 16-7-2011 by desert because: punctuation

Matt Taibbi hits the nail on the head on this in 'Griftopia' (highly recommended read...my only critique is that he gets a bit ad hominem sometimes)....he asserts that the Tea Party and fringe right are an anachronism....they're fighting a 1960's social and fiscal battle in the 21st century. Placed in that context, it's relatively easy to understand why the movement seems so moonbatty.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

Thanks for the info re Griftopia.
"they're fighting a 1960's social and fiscal battle in the 21st century"...yes! An apt and perfect description!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Obama has his own Plan B.

Do not raise taxes.
Do not reduce spending.
Just issue an executive presidential order to raise the debt ceiling by $2.4 Trillion.

Why are you attempting to label this as Obama's plan B? What you have outlined here is clearly the plan being proposed by McConnell in the senate. This plan B is the what the right wing of the senate is now offering in lieu of the House republican's inability to negotiate in good faith. They would rather go down protecting their rich donors than to achieve 4 trillion in cuts, what a joke!

On top of that, the taxes will go up on their own when the current extension of the Bush tax cuts expires in 2012. Obama has already stated that he would not sign another extension. With this in mind, the republicans still refuse to negotiate on revenue increases, what a bunch of idiots! It's no wonder that people like Scott Walker want to eliminate unions, it's because they, (republicans) don't know how to negotiate in good faith on any level.

The McConnell plan B has checks and balances. You know.....votes actually taking
place in the U.S. congress?
The Obama executive order ignores the U.S. congress altogether and basically
runs the United States from the White House. Obama would then be King of America
instead of President of the United States.
---------------
It's called checks and balances.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join