It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things Survival: Show 18: Dave Wendell in the HOUSE!!...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ba07808fc03.jpg[/atsimg]

Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net

The gathered a panel of hosts, include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies, with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
Ahabstar
12m8keall2c
Asktheanimals
and
Advisor

Last Thursday's show was fantastic. In fact it was so good and packed full of information that one show could not hold it all, so we are having Dave and Tam Wendell back this Thursday. And rather than have us get to pick Dave's brain for knowledge we would like you the listeners to plan to call in with your questions. For those unable to call in with Skype to semperfortisats, post your questions here for us to be ask for you. But if you can call in, all the better as Dave is really a great guy to talk with.

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us some listeners while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. And be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

edit on Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:07:36 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think the only real question that needs answer is...

What are the differences between survival in a slow shuffling zombie apocolypse (Romero) verses the fast running infected zombie apocolypse...

Its not a matter of if...its a matter of when!

Incidently, that is a actual question...a slow shuffling zombie apoc is significantly different than a fast one...and survival training does zombie apoc senarios...basically, if you are prepared for that, your prepared for anything..but each senario allows for a very different set of difficulties (fast zonbies would make you far less humane in order to survive...slow zombies would be more how many can you pick up before resources become a issue)

Added for digestion:
CDC Zombie Apocalypse survival guide
edit on 15-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
After interviewing Mr. Wendell last week, the most prominent impression was this...

"AMAZING"

The guy is articulate and intelligent, knowledgeable and quite frankly, likeable...

This week we plan on asking him the questions you post here as well as having him walk us through some scenarios, like Plane Crash, Lost Hiking etc.

bushcraftonfire is his YouTube channel.. Visit that link and watch some of his videos... Impressive to say the least..

survivalradioshow is our YouTube channel and you can check out some of the videos we have there.. More are on their way..

Tune in Thursday folks

Semper

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, here is a scenario question.

Let's say that a crisis has hit and resources are scarce or unavailable. Circumstances are most favorable for you to stay in situ in a fairly isolated area. You have been diligent in storing food, water and necessities, however, most others were not. Not wanting to have confrontations which are sure to come as people in highly populated areas begin fanning out, what would your recommendations be for the safety of you and yours?

I am specifically looking for shelter structure protection and reinforcement, possibly including underground cache construction on a severe budget.

BearTruth

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Some very good questions so far. Keep them coming and be sure to tune in Thursday.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We will be live on the air in less than 90 minutes.

See you there.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Going LIVE in 15 minutes!!!

Please join us...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have a question.....

In a situation where survival is the #1 priority, and you have small children with you, how do you keep moral high? I am sure that there will be moments of complete terror so how do you keeps spirits high, for adults as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Much to our pleasant surprise, Micheal Vines as joined us in the studio as an additional guest.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
David Wendell is talking about what to have in a Bug Out Bag

DON'T MISS THIS FOLKS!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A great resource..

David Wendells Other Website

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This week's knife of the week was the Buck PakLite Skinner.

This is a solid light duty/utility knife that will last a lifetime and does indeed come with a lifetime warranty from Buck.

Growing up, Buck was always our preferred knife to carry. The Buck 110 has always been the standard lockblade knife that we compared all other folding knives. In fact I still have a scar on my right arm from one that cut me about 28 years ago.

The Buck PakLite Skinner follows in that tradition of being a solid fixed blade knife yet very lightweight. While the blade length of about 3 inches is rather small for my personal tastes, it is solid enough to baton small limbs if you need to do so. But is best used for its intended purpose of skinning and processing of smaller game such as rabbit or squirrel. But you could easily consider this knife for light duty around the campsite either in kitchen duty or making tent pegs or other light duty work.

I personally picked this one up at my local Walmart of all places for about $18, which is far below Buck's MSRP of $30. For an under $20 blade, there are few that will outperform this knife, in my opinion, and still weigh 2.5 ounces.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i had a great time on the show tonight, there was a good discussion of survival situation, supplies, techniques, etc. While it is fresh in my mind I wanted to make a few comments.
Discussing following animal sign for water see if the deer or other animal is stopping to browse, If not, they're probably heading straight for water. Learning to read deer trails is a great way to get started learning the science and art of tracking, which I highly recommend to anyone who loves nature or wants to learn important survival skills. The ability to find and understand sign is how to read the outdoors just like a book, It's all written there in the tracks and it doesn't matter if we're tracking animals or people, we want and need to understand what they were doing before you came upon that spot. It will help us in securing game, finding water, establishing awareness (security) zones for yourself, avoiding others if desired and knowing your environment intimately.

Making your Petersons Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants lighter by removing the nearly 100 pages after the species description pages, there's a guide to finding and preparing wild edible plants as well as index and a few pages of introduction at the front. Keeping only the plant pictures and text allows one to make a positive identification, without an ID you have no business ingesting that plant. That's my opinion on the matter anyway.
It reduces the weight of the book by over 1/4 total weight (i don't know how much it does weigh). Every ounce counts in packing a B.O.B..

Sorry I got ill from sitting in a very hot non- air conditioned room and had to leave, The only place quiet enough in the house to do the show.

Always hopeful that Dave Wendell can make it back for the next show, thanks to marti, rodrigo, lara, and michael also. Great questions for our guest, thanks

new topics

top topics

join