It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Duality (Moshiach vs Armilius) (Christ vs Antichrist) (Mohammed vs Dajall)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It has many names. Its all around you. No-thing, God, enlightenment, anuttara samyak sambodhi, nirvana, zen, christ consciousness, seeing the face of god.

Its pretty easy.

You just shut up and you are already there

Sorry its not as cool as you built it up to be in your imagination, but hey you can't please everyone eh.

welcome to forever.

enjoy.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Like all religions the New Age movement has some basis in truths, however it is like jumping right into another religious dogma, trading one operating system for another as Terence McKenna once said. Just because I say the words Light and Dark does not mean that I am of the New Age Movement. I've grazed the surface of some of the esoteric teachings, you could spend a lifetime on that alone. The Transcendental knowledge from Vedic to Hinduism to the Mystiscm and more. These teachings go from the light to dark depending on your intentions.

As none of us can claim to know the ultimate truth, I was expressing my interpretation.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

You wrote:

["Has anyone seen my donkey?"]

I can't say for sure if it's your donkey, but a donkey suddenly turned up (virtually) in my garden, where it's now (virtually) grazing. Included in the scenario is a person sitting on top of it, who well may be you.

As that person is looking everewhere else than at the donkey, probably looking for it, but in the wrong place, I may have answered you.

If you give me a destination, I can beam both there, so you can determine.

(PS For the un-'initiated', this is sufi-humour, very relevant to the topic).

edit on 16-7-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
How so? "In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy)."

And how does the objective procedure of real science become a part of a topic on religious duality, except as an inclusion in a standard 'god'/bible-promoting sermon?

God is the topic. Science is the description by implication implicit in the context of what is studied. Science is the context describing what a conscious observer produces. The observer is science measuring what is governed (also consciousness). Unless you have context other than incredulity to describe what governs, you are left outside my OP. I used objective procedure proved by science to support consciousness in the equation. Prove otherwise or we only have you stomping up and down saying it is not so. Add a because and we have context to consider. What governs by laws again? Even one link will do. Link | Link Link

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote, as you have done several times before:

["6. The Bible explains physics in the first verse."]

And I will answer, as I usually do: No, it doesn't.

And how does the objective procedure of real science become a part of a topic on religious duality, except as an inclusion in a standard 'god'/bible-promoting sermon?

edit on 16-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKTOMI
reply to post by blazenresearcher

If I were you I'd dance naked in the middle of the street just to embarrass you.

Hail Eris!

I am remiss as to why if you don't agree you feel the need to be rude. If you disagree just state so and move along.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

Thanks for your response.

Exoterically I'm a pastafarian, as it gives me a reference-point to other similar religions.

Esoterically I'm an Eris'ian, but I'm not even sure about this myself.

From an exoteric position I would say, that the method of finding one's ass with the help of closed eyes, both hands and a map pragmatically appears to be worthless for some people.

Which circumstantially leads me to a topic-related point: Maps, or perspectives. And maps of maps and perspectives on perspectives.

With some sweeping and arbitrary generalizations I would categorize 'seekers' the following way.

Those believing so much in maps, that they have forgotten, that a territory exist.

Those having a decent map of the territory, but filling out the white spots with hopes, guesses or 'anti-vacuum'-desperation.

Those having a no-map map. Currently quite popular in some circles, as it gives certain advantages when looking for intimate company, because having a no-map map is cool.

And finally those who really give a bleep about maps (amongst other options manifested in 'doing through non-doing').

All of which sounds very weird and out-of-context here, but which I can assure everybody, is very relevant and becomes self-evident after 10 seconds (or in my case 40 years. But better late than never).

Hail Eris also.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

If I were you I'd dance naked in the middle of the street just to embarrass you.

Hail Eris!

I am remiss as to why if you don't agree you feel the need to be rude. If you disagree just state so and move along.

Simple trolling/baiting/flaming behavior. It's the next step when logic fails. It's called appeal to ridicule.

edit on 16-7-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Yes, I agree and I could offer up Comet Elenin (Blue Star Kachina) and/or Comet Honda as Divine Intervention, but I don't have any proof of that. (BTW the prophecies of the ancients, Mayans, Hopi's, Aztecs etc all relay the same thing about the end time scenario...which is very interesting in of itself). The Maya say that we will be moving into the sixth world a new evolution and the calendar starts over. The Hopi claim with the return of the Blue Star Kachina (Demi-God) will hearld the return of the Pahana, the Lost White Brother and a return to a new age of peace.

For many that are religious, do you not believe there was Divine intervention that erradicated the dinosaurs and then again with the great flood of Noahs time? Were those events directly from the wrath of God. Are we not in an end time scenario? Would you consider a cosmic body or two that may affect earth and/or the Sun, not a Divine event needed and used to realign the evolutionary pattern, to create that jump in evolution?

All I can say is... these are things to ponder. Do I personally have proof of anything...no. I see indications in the world and truly believe the Mayans version of the 9th wave...as in evolution is speeding up to be true. Many believe that time feels as if it were speeding up, when in reality events are speeding up. Everyday TPTB seem to be doing wackier and crazier things that don't make sense and also technology and discoveries are being upgraded/introduced on a daily basis.

All I can do is note these things, pray for the unfortunate suffering people and wait for what will unfold.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You wrote:

["God is the topic."]

Basically the topic is religious dualism, not your 'god'.

Quote: ["Science is the description by implication implicit in the context of what is studied. Science is the context describing what a conscious observer produces. The observer is science measuring what is governed (also consciousness)."]

Please notice, that I wrote real science, which in any case in this context is a minor point.

Quote: [" Unless you have context other than incredulity to describe what governs, you are left outside my OP."]

Your OP? But I am relating to the thread OP, as that's what states topic. Your comment here is just a comment and doesn't define topic? Anyway an OP doesn't dictate premises either.

Quote: ["I used objective procedure proved by science to support consciousness in the equation."]

Repeasting that claim endlessly doesn't make it true. But it's a question for debate on the threads related to it. End of this direction for me in the present context. Take it up, where it belongs.

edit on 16-7-2011 by bogomil because: Punctuation

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

Start with sacred geometry and harmonics, once you grasp that knowledge...you can move on from there! Good Luck...I'll be cheering you on! Peace!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Click here for more information.

Start with sacred geometry and harmonics, once you grasp that knowledge...you can move on from there! Good Luck...I'll be cheering you on! Peace!

Yeh been there done that in the mid 80's when I was in grade school.

Start with modesty and actual self introspection. Once you grasp those exercises in futility then you can move on from there.

Good Luck... I'll be cheering you on!

Love and light!

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:B

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I am a great 'speculator' myself. It's like playing chess, where you put up all possible scenarios, and find the most likely one.

And as both in chess and truth/reality-seeking there is a pragmatic element. What does your opposite chess-player actually DO, when the moment of truth arrives, and how does a 'reality-check' of your favourite speculation turn out. Pragmatism being one part of objective procedure.

I'm personally quite convinced of many oddities, anomalies and other unknown things, and it's no problem to think of six impossible things before breakfast; but I see no reason to throw my option of rational reasoning out with the batwater, just because I don't like the unknown and want to fill it with premature 'answers'.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["God is the topic."]

Basically the topic is religious dualism, not your 'god'.

Quote: ["Science is the description by implication implicit in the context of what is studied. Science is the context describing what a conscious observer produces. The observer is science measuring what is governed (also consciousness)."]

Please notice, that I wrote real science, which in any case in this context is a minor point.

Quote: [" Unless you have context other than incredulity to describe what governs, you are left outside my OP."]

Your OP. But I am relating to the thread OP, as that's what states topic. Your comment here is just a comment and doesn't define topic? Anyway an OP doesn't dictate premises either.

Quote: ["I used objective procedure proved by science to support consciousness in the equation."]

Repeasting that claim endlessly doesn't make it true. But it's a question for debate on the threads related to it. End of this direction for me in the present context. Take it up, where it belongs.

Go back and read. I must have missed the supporting links and comments from science. All I read was, "no, you are wrong." and insult. Empty unless you have a context beyond incredulity. LINK

Here they are:

You wrote, as you have done several times before:

And I will answer, as I usually do: No, it doesn't.

But there you have it; cosmos is created from an initial asymmetry, and 'balance', 'harmony' and 'non-dualism' (as new-agers like to call such in their own simplistic way) is acquired, not automatic.

You wrote:

["Has anyone seen my donkey?"]

I can't say for sure if it's your donkey, but a donkey suddenly turned up (virtually) in my garden, where it's now (virtually) grazing. Included in the scenario is a person sitting on top of it, who well may be you.

As that person is looking everewhere else than at the donkey, probably looking for it, but in the wrong place, I may have answered you.

If you give me a destination, I can beam both there, so you can determine.

Exoterically I'm a pastafarian, as it gives me a reference-point to other similar religions.

Esoterically I'm an Eris'ian, but I'm not even sure about this myself.

From an exoteric position I would say, that the method of finding one's ass with the help of closed eyes, both hands and a map pragmatically appears to be worthless for some people.

Which circumstantially leads me to a topic-related point: Maps, or perspectives. And maps of maps and perspectives on perspectives.

With some sweeping and arbitrary generalizations I would categorize 'seekers' the following way.

Those believing so much in maps, that they have forgotten, that a territory exist.

Those having a decent map of the territory, but filling out the white spots with hopes, guesses or 'anti-vacuum'-desperation.

Those having a no-map map. Currently quite popular in some circles, as it gives certain advantages when looking for intimate company, because having a no-map map is cool.

And finally those who really give a bleep about maps (amongst other options manifested in 'doing through non-doing').

All of which sounds very weird and out-of-context here, but which I can assure everybody, is very relevant and becomes self-evident after 10 seconds (or in my case 40 years. But better late than never).

Hail Eris also.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

But there you have it; cosmos is created from an initial asymmetry, and 'balance', 'harmony' and 'non-dualism' (as new-agers like to call such in their own simplistic way) is acquired, not automatic.

LINK Streaming data from outside our universe is what was quoted from one of the original CERN researchers. LINK

"While that might not sound like much, it a hint of greater things to come, should experiments at the LHC confirm these initial results. It's genuine "new physics," since the most likely culprit for this strange asymmetry is a new particle not predicted by the Standard Model (kind of the periodic table of elementary particle physics). Which is why the New York Times article on the result ends with this classic quote from Fermilab's Joe Lykken: "I would not say that this announcement is the equivalent of seeing the face of god, but it might turn out to be the toe of god."

LINK The foundation you rest on is consistent with the Dirac Equation and a parallell universe as I suggested Here. LINK

edit on 16-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join