It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Duality (Moshiach vs Armilius) (Christ vs Antichrist) (Mohammed vs Dajall)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
ROUND 1

Messiah, Hebrew: מָשִׁיחַ‎; mashiah, moshiah, mashiach, or moshiach, ("anointed [one]") is a term used in the Hebrew Bible to describe priests and kings, who were traditionally anointed with holy anointing oil as described in Exodus 30:22-25. For example, Cyrus the Great, the king of Persia, though not a Hebrew, is referred to as "God's anointed" (Messiah) in the Bible.

Vs

Armilus (Hebrew: ארמילוס‎) (also spelled Armilos and Armilius) is an anti-Messiah figure in late-period Jewish eschatology, comparable to the Christian Antichrist and Muslim Dajjal, who will conquer Jerusalem and persecute the Jews until his final defeat at the hands of God or the true Messiah.

ROUND 2

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one". It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. In popular modern usage—even within secular circles—the term usually refers explicitly to Jesus of Nazareth.

Vs

The term or title antichrist, in Christian theology, is a leader who fulfils Biblical prophecies concerning an adversary of Christ, while resembling him in a deceptive manner. The antichrist will seemingly provide for the needs of the people but deny them ultimate salvation.

ROUND 3

Abu al-Qasim Muḥammad ibn Abd Allah ibn Abd al-Muttalib ibn Hashim ibn Abd Manaf ibn Qusai ibn Kilab (Arabic: محمد‎ Muḥammad, pronounced [mʊˈħæmmæd] also spelled Muhammed, Mohammad or Mohammed) (ca. 570/571 – June 8, 632), (Monday, 12th Rabi' al-Awwal, Year 11 A.H.) was the founder of the religion of Islam, and is considered by Muslims to be a messenger and prophet of God, the last law-bearer in a series of Islamic prophets, and, by most Muslims, the last prophet of God as taught by the Qur'an. Muslims thus consider him the restorer of an uncorrupted original monotheistic faith (islām) of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and other prophets. He was also active as a diplomat, merchant, philosopher, orator, legislator, reformer, military general, and, according to Muslim belief, an agent of divine action.

Vs

al-Masih ad-Dajjal (Arabic: المسيح الدجّال‎ al-Masīḥ ad-Daǧǧāl, Arabic for "the false messiah"), is an evil figure in Islamic eschatology. He is to appear pretending to be Masih (i.e. the Messiah) at a time in the future, before Yawm al-Qiyamah (Judgment Day), directly comparable to the figures of the Antichrist and Armilus in Christian and Jewish eschatology, respectively.

THE FINAL COUNT

For arguments sake and to save time I have chosen 3 of what i believe to be the most dominant world religions in order to shed some light on a duality i found to exist in most if not all world religions.

As you can see from the above bouts the three religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) each have their own avatars of equal and opposing forces. These forces are said to do battle at the "end of the age" in turn bringing about a new age of peace.

What is of interest to me however is the nature of the duality itself. The Yin and the Yang if you like, the Good and the Evil.

It is my conclusion that each of these parallel dualities which exist inside the religions highlighted are but one and the same being.
To elaborate on this idea of mine I should first explain that I see these entities (end time avatars) as more than just physical entities which appear toward the end of the age in one humanistic form or other. In fact it is my belief that these names have been attributed over the ages to each religion when in fact they are all the same thing.

Energy. Positive vs Negative. These energies have manifested over time and have been interpreted and claimed by each of the above religions. This is by no mean an unnatural process but instead is a way we as humans try to understand things in our realities.

FANTASY

Fantasy is a genre of fiction that uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting. Many works within the genre take place in imaginary worlds where magic is common. Fantasy is generally distinguished from science fiction and horror by the expectation that it steers clear of (pseudo-)scientific and macabre themes, respectively, though there is a great deal of overlap between the three (which are subgenres of speculative fiction).

I believe that the human imagination manifests ideas in order to understand things that are evident but that have no so called pigeon hole. I feel that is what has happened through out the ages to religion.
We as humanity continually try to understand the energies around us and thus have created great stories and if you like, fantasies in order to explain away that which we intrinsically feel exists.

Conclusion

To conclude, i stand by the assumption that the end days are here and i do so as a consequence of the speed at which i see the world changing. It isn’t necessarily a doom and gloom scenario however.. more so one of great change. A change of perspective or more specifically one of consciousness.

What is becoming more apparent to us is they way we understand the world around us is changing rapidly. Many would say that this is due to the internet and i would say that theory does hold some water. Overall however i would put it down to the natural evolution of the human psyche.

As we develop as one humanity our consciousness also expands. Our way of thinking and perceiving the world continually develops and thus our understanding of it also.

The crux of my point is thus..
We are coming to a point in human history/development by which all human endeavour surfaces to the top.
Everything around us is peeking. Everything is reaching a point of intensity, we may not visibly see it or directly feel it but we know it is there.. we don't know what it is but we all feel that a change is imminent.

That change is the duality itself. The inner battle of our inner energies. Our own personal avatars (Moshiach vs Armilius) (Christ vs Antichrist) (Mohammed vs Dajall). Good and Evil, Yin and Yang.

We have always lived in the grey areas...some of us at times have moved over to the extremes of either pole.
Some have chosen good and other evil and many have wandered aimlessly between the grey of both poles.
There comes a time before great change, a time of suffering, pain, challenge, fear, unexpectancy, sacrifice, struggle and i believe that is what we are seeing in the world around us.

Not only are our governments and the systems which hold up the structures of our society being questioned and taken down to be rebuilt in time but also every human on the planet is undergoing the very same processes of change.

We are all becoming conscious enough to internalise the inner battle of self.
We are at the turning point, the fork in the road, the time of the awakening and thus are all afraid to one degree or other regarding that all important uncertain outcome.

The Religious Duality is just one physical manifestation in my opinion that shows us the particulars of this inner battle however there are so many permutations that it is inconceivable to digest them all.
What is clear to me is that these stories within the 3 main world religions are all pointing to an end of days or a time where a great battle between the force of good and evil will take place.

That battle to me could well materialise through some human form avatars and be played out by the world’s media as an Armageddon apocalypse type battle but personally i believe it will be a battle of self.

We are changing and becoming more aware and as time progresses we will be compelled to change more rapidly.

I guess the question is, given that there will be no more sitting on the fence... which side will you be on?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The divine comedy.

The Cosmic Joke.

Gods Comic.

The inexhaustible grace that wipes all our arses.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Vs

Armilus (Hebrew: ארמילוס‎) (also spelled Armilos and Armilius) is an anti-Messiah figure in late-period Jewish eschatology, comparable to the Christian Antichrist and Muslim Dajjal, who will conquer Jerusalem and persecute the Jews until his final defeat at the hands of God or the true Messiah.

"Ante" in the Greek doesn't mean against Christ, it means "in place of". The antichrist will be a pseudo-Christ attempting to deceive the world that He is God in the flesh.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Excellent article. I would submit something for you to consider:

This story of good and evil, adversary and Hero comes from all stories we know. I just watched the final Harry Potter last night. The story is identical. Harry dies, is resurrected, goes to heaven, then returns to defeat the adversary. The story is imprinted into our minds and hearts.

Consider this:

1. The Bible is the most enigmatic book on the planet.
2. The story, in its complete form, resides from cover to cover.
3. The Bible is said to be written by the master story tellier, the Logos (Son of God/Word/Jesus/Messiah).
4. The Bible is the only book that claims a God of love, yet He stands for ultimate truth and virtue.
5. The Bible draws the future into the past.
6. The Bible explains physics in the first verse.
7. The Bible contains the Trinity that humans also possess. Father (Light/Particle), Son (Word/Logos/Wave), Holy Spirit (Consciousness).
8. The Bible has unquestioned reason from the standpoint of the seven virtues and seven vices.
9. The Bible has a process of escape from the dark side of the duality.
10. The God of the Bible is the only God refusing to be identified with matter.

1. Enigmatic Book

The Bible was written in many languages and not translated into English until the invention of the printing press. People were mostly illiterate. At the time, the Church (Also the head of the state) was using the printing press as a means to print forgiveness of sin for money. Luther nails his thesis to the doors of the churches. 70 million people escape Europe for life, liberty and the pursuit of freedom. The Bible is printed in English and by WWI, 90% of America was literate. The industrial revolution and the technological revolution followed the Bible being printed into English.

2. The Story

The story of the universe was written by the Logos. The logos is the second person of the trinity. The Word that was used spoke the universe into existence. This word is the wave of particle physics. This is the duality of light, both particle and wave. God makes the claim that He separated the light form the darkness and carried it to our senses through His Word. This duality creates matter that Light can then reflect from to reveal the hidden God and His story of conquering the darkness.

3. See 2

4. God does not compromise. He will not permit man to live apart from His law. His law is simple. Love others. God is one of the others. He expects equality.

5. The biblical God is the only God that claims the power to draw the future into the past. We then see the future twice. We see it before it happens and then as it happens. No other God makes the claim and the backs it 100%

6. All of physics in 7 Hebrew words. In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy/particle and wave). Science only gets this far. God adds the remaining part of the trinity. Consciousness. Science refuses to add this to their equation and misses the final unifying factor to their field theory of particle and wave physics. LINK An article I recently wrote outlines this concept. There are no mistakes in life. I am here fulfilling my purpose and so is everyone else. We are characters in this story God wrote to reveal Himself.

7. Father (Light/Particle), Son (Word/Logos/Wave), Holy Spirit (Consciousness). LINK

8. Seven virtues and seven vices. One side is Humility. The other side is Pride. Pride destroys others in place of self. Humility honors others with equality. Pride steals, kills and destroys. Humility does God's will of love for others. One is Objectivism. The other is Altruism. The Bible differs on this from Islam because the Muslim faith flips this backwards and calls it God.

9. The flaming sword protects the tree of life. We find this in Genesis 3. The key to the removing the sword is found in Like 10 with the story of the good Samaritan and the expert in the law. Love God and love your neighbor. Your neighbor is even your enemy. The Samaritan and the Jew were enemies. The flaming sword is then seen as bias and hatred. This blinds the mind against truth and virtue. God protects the tree from science this way.

10. God does not permit idol worship. It is tied as the Hebrews say. Matter is particle and wave. God is not represented by matter only, He is also Holy Spirit (Consciousness). Man has a spirit, but only Christ had the Holy Spirit. If we love others and God, we are given the Holy Spirit in exchange for our worldly spirit. This is salvation. We are marked by Christ for union with the spirit. In John 3, we see that we are baptized many times into the water of the material world and given a chance to live many lifetimes until the story is complete. 10 billion souls are almost here to witness the conclusion. All eyes will see. You must be born again. It is not an option.

We know what the story of God tells us. What will your story tell God? His gift of grace is free, His sword is the sword of truth (love) and His book is the only book to tells us it all.

Love God and love your fellow man. This is the whole of the law. All else is commentary.

edit on 15-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Err Muslims believe also that Jesus(Isa) is the messiah who will come back, so i dont know why you added the prophet Mohammad there.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
ROUND 1

Messiah, Hebrew: מָשִׁיחַ‎; mashiah, moshiah, mashiach, or moshiach, ("anointed [one]") is a term used in the Hebrew Bible to describe priests and kings, who were traditionally anointed with holy anointing oil as described in Exodus 30:22-25. For example, Cyrus the Great, the king of Persia, though not a Hebrew, is referred to as "God's anointed" (Messiah) in the Bible.

Vs

I am Jewish and that is not entirely correct. It is not thought that "Armillus" will conquer Jerusalem, but instead that there will be a big war in which Israel will finally get final redemption, and the everlasting Messianic Era will begin. Death will stop, disease will stop, everyone will the Jewish G-d and everyone will have objectively good intentions (although there will still be some problems, arguments, etc.). Death and disease stopping is widely believed to be a result of advanced technology. The Zohar predicted that a rise in technology would start in 1850; around when the Industrial Era began.

It is my personal belief that the Messiah will defeat not only the attacking countries, but also the "elite."

There are two ways this could happen in Jewish thought: 1. Elijah the prophet will come back once half of Jewish people are in Israel (the minimum needed for prophecy), and following Elijah will come the Messiah. 2. The Messiah will come immediately and without the natural progression. If, for example, all Jewish people arrived in Israel tomorrow, the Messiah would come and fulfill the prophecies immediately.

Obviously I'm on the (what I consider to be at least) good side.

Good thread, thanks for putting it together. S@F

Edit: Maccaron.Shakaron is right. Muslims believe it is Jesus who will come back, not Muhammed.
edit on 7/15/2011 by LetsChangetheWorld because: Added last line

edit on 7/15/2011 by LetsChangetheWorld because: Italicized last line

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As a Muslim yes I know the Islamic part of the story well.

And no Muhammad will not come back. Just Jesus, cause he was never dead.

It is the Mahdi who is going to save us from the Dajjal. He's a completely different person than Jesus.

Since the story is highlighted only in contextual sayings of the prophet, and not really mentioned in detail in the Quran, the details are a matter of debate among most Muslims.

BUT there is a detail that they all mention, the dajjal is going to be a man who:

1. uses many resources and will perform magical rituals and convince people he is some sort of prophet...a messenger...etc

2. he will then take control of places and claim he is God and millions of people will believe him.

Now in this day and age where people would have a hard time believing a human is God, I questioned how this would take place. And the only other option is that it would be believable ONLY if he had some sort of physical evidence to convince people with.

Who do you think has the technological advancement to convince millions of people that he created them?

Answer: Aliens

Only aliens can do this. They alone have higher technology than us and we are as we speak, being conditioned to believe the Dajjal.

You may have noticed the amount of people who think aliens created humans as some sort of lab project or something? Look again, they're being fed subconscious information to accept the Evil that will probably befall this planet very soon.

edit on 15-7-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Err Muslims believe also that Jesus(Isa) is the messiah who will come back, so i dont know why you added the prophet Mohammad there.

Simple answer: Muslims do not follow Jesus message of love for others (even enemies). This cancels them form belief by the verses in Luke 10. A believer, by the definition of Jesus, are those who love their enemies, as the Good Samaritan did. Love God and love others. God is one of the others.

There are many Muslims who follow love. Most do not, as evidenced by the news and their own forums. They discuss death to those who leave the Muslim faith and death to the unbeliever closest to them, then working out across the world. Satan seeks to divide and conquer to dominate by division. This is the very aim of the Muslim faith. They seek to kill, steal and destroy. If you ask them about Jesus, they claim that the Bible is a mistranslated. They avoid the truth and embrace the lie.

This makes the Quran their judgment document. It is ripe with judgment of the non-believer, as defined by their messenger Jesus. Some will be saved if they love others. The Christian religion is the culmination and evidence of God's Living Word among men. Jesus is this Living Word. He set the standard at love and suffering for the good of others, not their death at the hands of hatred. As I said before. The flaming sword protecting the tree of life is bias and hatred for truth and virtue. The sword of truth is love. It conquers all.

Hate cannot dispel hate. This is a negative and a negative. Only love dispels hate. This is a positive cancelling the negative. Love and love is the answer. 1+1=3. Two parents make a new life and the tree of life continues.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron

Hi and thanks for pointing that out!

It should read Mahdi and not Muhammed, it's too late to edit it now unfortunatly.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Vs

"Ante" in the Greek doesn't mean against Christ, it means "in place of". The antichrist will be a pseudo-Christ attempting to deceive the world that He is God in the flesh.

All the texts were taken from Wikipiedia so if something is not correct it is from their website that the information came. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Ouch, yeah, don't get your end times theology from Wikipedia, bad idea.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote, as you have done several times before:

["6. The Bible explains physics in the first verse."]

And I will answer, as I usually do: No, it doesn't.

And how does the objective procedure of real science become a part of a topic on religious duality, except as an inclusion in a standard 'god'/bible-promoting sermon?

edit on 16-7-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Oh yeah Ouch in fact don't bother getting your end times theology from anywhere!, at all!, ever ! , Dumb Idea.

As if any source for theology is reputable in any way shape or form.

Thilly Goothe

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wise words OP. In my opinion Armageddon is in full swing. I feel it. It comes down to the battle within our self. Yes, it is partially going on in the physical world, but it is all as it should be. The only way we will evolve as a species is to be forced to look within.

It does not matter which religion or avatar is the correct one. Like the Yin and Yang, good and evil, positive and negative, light and dark...they are all products of The Source. It is dangerous to oneself to align yourself too far in the light or the dark. There are not two parts to the Yin and Yang, but three...the center line. It is best to ride the center line. You must know the dark to see the light (clearly).

These are basic principles that anyone from any religion should understand. Religious dogma is a trap and words are the weapons to keep people within control...a matrix. For instance the word "Salvation"...That word alone traps so many....they are waiting to be saved...someone will save them...that they waste their time on this notion and therefore don't look within themselves to find their higher self...the entity that is closest to the Source.

Christ.."the annointed one" will return, but not in the form that most people think. We all have the ability to be "Christed" and there have been many throughout the ages that were. Many more in the ancient times than now days as only maybe a handful. The Masters... I should add that Jesus did not want us to follow him, but to "be" as he was.

If all happens as it is supposed to we will evolve into the "Christ Consciousness", that in effect will mark the "return of Christ". We will evolve to live within a unified field a collective consciousness...so if suffering comes to one...we will all feel it. We will integrate through art and culture. I may be an optimist, but it will be beautiful. We are living in the toughest times in history and not all will survive, but the ones that do will create a beautiful world. And the children will say....Grandma/Grandpa tell me about the great transition...LOL. The transition is upon us...there is no turning back.

edit on 16-7-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I like your way of profiling certain theist points and positions, and just want to add, that it's even possible to 'upgrade' the perspectives one notch (beyond the black/white scenarios of Abrahamic religions) to vistas including both contemporary science/logic, philosophy and some of the long-time existing asian religions.

All transcending the 'good/bad' absolutes of the Abrahamic religions, as you suggested by placing the dualism in the individual mind.

Maybe not THE ultimate answer, but a very good working hypothesis.

Bravo.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

And what should I open my eyes to...pray tell!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by IKTOMI

Oh yeah Ouch in fact don't bother getting your end times theology from anywhere!, at all!, ever ! , Dumb Idea.

As if any source for theology is reputable in any way shape or form.

Thilly Goothe

That arbitrary conjecture actually depends on one's point of view.

Tell the OP to message the mods about closing this thread then, he brought it up. I want your web browsing experience to be free of misery and despair.

ar·bi·trar·y
/ˈärbiˌtrerē/Adjective
1. Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
2. (of power or a ruling body) Unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority.

con·jec·ture
[kuhn-jek-cher]
noun, verb, -tured, -tur·ing.
–noun
the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.
Obsolete . the interpretation of signs or omens.

Hmmmmmmmm arbitrary conjecture sounds a lot like theology or basically any thought process whatsoever.

That leaves the whole idea of constructive conversation to be nothing more than a delusion.

Has anyone seen my donkey?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Your basic analysis of the situation as it is, seems rather reasonable. Give a bunch of talking monkeys the option of a desctructive technology, they are not able to handle collectively (missionaries from all ideologies want to use it for private interests, as do the money-mongers), and the situation becomes threatening.

But there you have it; cosmos is created from an initial asymmetry, and 'balance', 'harmony' and 'non-dualism' (as new-agers like to call such in their own simplistic way) is acquired, not automatic.

So your later expectations of a coming golden age (with ot without any participation of cosmic or divine energies) appear to be more optimistic hopes, than anything based on evidence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join