It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which came first - the chicken or the egg

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Chicken lays egg.

Egg does not lay chicken.

So - 1. Chicken and 2. Egg.

Therefore, a creator of this world.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
LoL seams like the question is quite relevant since there are so many different answer.

The egg came before the chicken. But chicken eggs are from chickens .)

A chicken evolved from a different egg.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What's a "chicken"?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

It's improper chicken or the egg, this old story really talks about the universe, what was first, in that content the chicken and the egg is addressed. I would rather use the shell or the content what was first, the content is in the shell, like the chicken in the egg. The primordial soup was first, I'm guessing, like the content of an egg is just that before it becomes a chicken, in a liquid form. If there is anything above the primordial soup then I'm guessing that is that, if not it's the primordial soup.

God made a soup. This question with the egg and the chicken addresses this old story.

edit on 15-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
With a bit of logic reasoning and knowledge it is easy to answer that question.

The egg came first. A different bird, similar to a chicken but not quite a chicken laid the egg that through a quirk in its DNA became the chicken we know today.

The real question is, how did the first living being come about? What gave an organic compound the energy of life?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Neither. Its the Archaeopteryx!!!

According to fossil records, the present-day chicken is believed to be a descendent of Archaeopteryx

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well this answer is quite easy and according to the Bible neither the Chicken or the Egg were 1st, because it was the Rooster or Man who was made 1st. So the rooster, crossed the road, knocked the Hen up and then snuck back home to watch Monday night football with some of his well know jail bird cromies, leaving Her to raise that poor chic alone. So when the Chicken took Him to Court asking for Child support, Her Case was Dismissed, as She had no witness and even the Judge admitted He couldnt understand Hen talking women.

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior
I have just finished reading The origin of species and was wondering about the answer to the question posed in the thread title. I couldn't find a decent answer in Darwins book and I haven't got a danny lerue and was wondering what you guys think.
No egg means no chicken. No chicken means no egg.
WTF?????

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
ughhh
EGG
something before the chickens evolution would have laid the chicken egg.
edit on 15-7-2011 by listerofsmeg because: because

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
First you have the egg from a bird
then a chicken comes out.
then you have the chickenegg

problem solved

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The Rooster...

The Rooster ALWAYS comes first!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Eggs were around a long time before chickens. Fish eggs. caviar. yum.

Now for the real question.

Did God create man or did man create god?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mongomuggins

My guess is man created god, the next question, where did the first ever egg came from?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior
I have just finished reading The origin of species and was wondering about the answer to the question posed in the thread title. I couldn't find a decent answer in Darwins book and I haven't got a danny lerue and was wondering what you guys think.
No egg means no chicken. No chicken means no egg.
WTF?????

Here is your answer: When you ask about the chicken and the egg you are refering to the "circle of life." In a "circle" there is no beginning or end.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This question is only for the evolutionist

the chicken was created bearing eggs.
The same goes for every living creature
nature is awsome in that way

life is an intelligent design

only goes to show we are not so intelligent at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

[
life is an intelligent design

only goes to show we are not so intelligent at all.

Speak for yourself.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TattooedWarrior

For you that really want to know ...

Read this

I don't want this to be about being a creationist or evolutionist, but please read this and tell me how this could be wrong...

Many evolutionists believe that either DNA or RNA were the first things to have evolved. This newsletter will show not only why that would be impossible but that DNA actually supports a Creator. DNA (Deoxyribonucleic Acid) is two strands coiled together into a double helix that carry information for any living organism to make all the molecules needed for life. It even stores all the information for cells to divide. RNA (Ribonucleic Acid) is a single strand that puts the genetic information found in the DNA to use by building proteins. These proteins can not arrange themselves without the help of the DNA or RNA. Proteins are like the machines in a wood shop and the RNA/DNA would be the blueprints or instructions to construct the machines. RNA is also very unstable and will only last from about 30 minutes to a few hours, whereas DNA is very stable. This stability is why information is stored in DNA. In short, DNA stores information and then passes it on to RNA, which reads and decodes the information to make proteins. The challenge to any evolutionist is to answer the question of where life came from. With DNA, one must answer the question of where did all the information, stored within itself, come from? In other words, how could the process of natural selection or microevolution gain and pass on information to increase complexity? Today, very few scientists believe DNA could have been the first molecule to evolve because of its extreme complexity

I believe he's right... the chicken was first.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

What if it was something in between a chicken and an egg, half chicken half egg. That would mean a larva, biological between a form of egg content, what an egg contains, organic matter and a primitive form resembling something. In other words a slimy creature half egg half creature.

It's how an egg looks inside.

edit on 15-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You ask which came first: the chicken or the egg
I want to say the egg.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TattooedWarrior

Really?

Well the egg came first, since dinosaurs laid them. Then theropod dinosaurs evolved into birds and kept the whole egg laying thing as a standard feature. Chickens evolved from earlier egg laying birds that were not quite chickens. If you went back in time to witness this event you would be unable to tell the exact moment at which the new generation in the egg was a chicken as opposed to what it USED to be since the genetic changes in evolution are gradual.

So the egg came first and it came from something that wasn't quite technically a chicken yet (it's offspring was).

Since DNA can be modified only before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken egg

Chicken or the Egg
edit on 15-7-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

And what laid the "similar to a chicken but not a chicken" egg?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join