It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which came first - the chicken or the egg

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have just finished reading The origin of species and was wondering about the answer to the question posed in the thread title. I couldn't find a decent answer in Darwins book and I haven't got a danny lerue and was wondering what you guys think.
No egg means no chicken. No chicken means no egg.
WTF?????

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TattooedWarrior

Soooo, how many forums you gonna post this in

I would say the chicken came first. Did it appear suddenly one day or did it evolve over time? Did it begin as goo that over time was able to reproduce via eggs?

edit on 14-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well...if birds evolved from dinosaurs, then neither came first.

It was the lizard or rather some lizard-like protobird

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

hmmmm, chicken, because who else has produced the egg ?????

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Eggs need the warmth of the chicken in order to hatch. The chicken had to come first.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dashdragon

Well...if birds evolved from dinosaurs, then neither came first.

It was the lizard or rather some lizard-like protobird

Which still laid eggs

@ScRuFFy63 - That's a good point
edit on 14-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'll repost from your last thread:

Egg.

Gradual changes with a previous iteration of a species would, through beneficial mutations in each generation, eventually produce the modern day chicken. Therefore the egg that spawned the first modern day chicken would come first.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Which came first - the chicken or the egg
the dino they descended from

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ask yourself this, how could an egg spontaneouly appear? Therefore it's chicken.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The chicken egg and the chicken appeared at the same time.

The egg developed millions of years before and can be traced back to the first bacteria and cell mitosis and meiosis , and the beginning of sexual reproduction

The DNA splits, combines with anothers, and there is your egg...wheather this egg develops internally or externally is irrelevant

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The rooster came first. The chicken could've come at any time. It may have even happened simulaneously with the rooster, but we'll never know.
I hope I don't have to explain this to anyone in detail because I believe it would violate the T&C.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

link   
Neither, the single celled bacterial amoeba came first which through cellular division became two, then four, then eight, so on and so fourth just as the cells of a chicken form inside an embryonic casing within an already living chicken before it is laid.

link   
The egg came first.

The question says "the chicken or the egg". It is not specified that the egg in question had to be a chicken egg. Eggs, then, would have been existence millions of years before the chicken.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
The egg came first.

The question says "the chicken or the egg". It is not specified that the egg in question had to be a chicken egg. Eggs, then, would have been existence millions of years before the chicken.

semantics...BAH.....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i think it is this question alone that completely destroys the premise of evolution.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
The rooster came first. The chicken could've come at any time. It may have even happened simulaneously with the rooster, but we'll never know.
I hope I don't have to explain this to anyone in detail because I believe it would violate the T&C.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

Best answer to the worst question. Hahahaha!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The chicken was a Genetic mutation from a bird that laid the egg.

Are sure you're versed in Biology. Seriously, google is right in front of you. USE IT.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
i think it is this question alone that completely destroys the premise of evolution.

I think it is the answer alone that completely destroys the premise of intelligent design... At least the intelligent part.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScRuFFy63
Eggs need the warmth of the chicken in order to hatch. The chicken had to come first.

Which had to come from an egg, which also needed the warmth of a Chicken, which would of come from an egg, which would........

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Egg came first... Chickens are foul,foul come from lizard(dinosaurs). Mutated through mating creating the chicken. Living species such as the dog. Two dog with the same traits were mated to create different breeds. in this case nature took its course two lizard bird mated and had an egg which turned out to be a chicken. The other way around wouldn't work . It would have had to mutate into a chicken from something else while alive.
Therian

Side note that says the eggs needed warmth.. Plenty of lizards hide their eggs where they can maintain a certain heat....
edit on 14-7-2011 by Therian because: just Cus

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join