It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1AM : 100F+ in the gulf of mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i tend to go with my own logic and experience, i remember four seasons when i was 18, now decades later i only see 2 seasons. So in short, yes the climate has changed and its not reverting.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
OK, I know there is mixed reaction as to whether the temperature has spiked, but let's assume that it has....isn't this what happened just before the big EQ/tsunami in Japan?
Also the Gulf has been having quite a shake of it over the last few days.
Just saying

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Lets think about this for a minute: I googled Gulf Current Loop stopped...and got pages upon pages of info....I guess it stopped in late July 2010..

Interesting thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, a year ago- famine and bizarre weather patterns predictions:

Winter 2011: Record Snowfalls, we're talking feet upon feet...
April/May 2011: Worse Tornado Outbreak in decades, Towns literally wiped off the map!
May/June/July 20011: Record Flooding EVERYWHERE in the BREADBASKET States!!

Now we are seeing record high heat waves lasting days and days...Yesterday I literally couldn't breath after being at work in the AC all day, then walking out to the parking lot...

If the loop current is still stalled, that wrecks havoc on the Gulf Stream.
Okay folks this is real AND really disturbing!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
US current temps "weather chan."

Watch this heat dome rise as the high pressure pulls it up. Both the water below the land is 100F and the air temp is 98-105F. This is not good, usually the air temp changes faster and it's warmer then the water temp not this way around.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I live in scotland, to be perfectly honest my biggest concern is weather at night...

it is 1:37AM here i am at work wearing shorts...
i find it harder and harder to sleep next to my other half at nights as both of us are stupidly warm at night.. it never used to be like this,

thats where i notice the extreme heat more.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well. I am from nova scotia. And it is summer here, we did get 31c weather last week.
I woke up today to find that it was about 10 - 12 degrees. Which is quite the jump in temperature.

Could this be one of the effects?

Then again, our weather is pretty erratic anyways

edit on 14/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
here is some stuff that will make you think...
Corbyn who has continuously made monkies out of the MET weather office
says (I think) Ice age or similar in 2015
www.iceagenow.com...
and
from Piers Corbyn
www.weatheraction.com...
( power point presentation)
edit on 14-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This just goes with my theory that the thermohaline current has stalled due to the amount of oil and chemical dumped into the gulf. Oil is some thick stuff, and if anything can kill the global conveyer belt, its oil.

Underneath the ocean is massive river like currents that carry that warm water north, since the spill it has stopped flowing. The mixing of salt water and fresh glacier water melt in the north has ceased on the scale that it used to when balancing the temps in the north atlantic.

This could also be a major factor as to why we've been having poop doody weather as well.

Will have to track down the site that displays the currents position, been difficult to find lately as I believe the NOAA doesn't want anyone to see it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Over here in Newfoundland it has been a miserable day today as well, it has been raining an awful lot and its very cold. The last few weeks have been getting very nice just like over in Nova Scotia though.

Either way I look at it, over here we are used to having horrible winters and every few years it seems to just get worse and worse. If a small ice age is indeed on its way, we will prevail. Newfoundlander's are a very hardy bunch and we can deal with the worst. Hell, we THRIVE in the dead of winter with 9-12 feet of snow piled up on either side of the driveway.

I acknowledge that if an ice age was coming that humanity would for the most part be screwed, but as a species we will survive and triumph.

...and the new lords will be Newfoundlanders

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
dutchsinse says an Ice Age is imminent, okay, got it. This guy just makes stuff up. Your average look-at-me YouTuber with too much time on his hands.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, it does get pretty hot in the gulf this time of year. Oh yeah florida to.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow,. 100F in the gulf huh? have to take yer word on that.
If that keeps up it could brew some very interesting storms.
Remember when people said the gulf was going to explode due to all the oil?
yeah,.. those were the days..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
rads.tudelft.nl...

current still active. check link

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh man this is messed up I bet there are going to be some very bad hurricanes this year...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

Isn't your link a link to the Atlantic Current? Not the Gulf Current?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

will check, am rather tired :-(

states gulf stream, seems legit.
Delft Institute for Earth-Oriented Space research (DEOS)

edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I spent most of my life out in the waters off Louisiana..............Never seen 100+ temps.........Not sure if the info is accurate on this thread.........

Here is todays temps.......plus link to monitor........

marine.rutgers.edu...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
That is warm for water temps. Is that surface temp or core temp? I tell ya, the weather is definitely been acting strange

I live in a semi arid desert of British Columbia, Canada. Usually it hovers around 35 - 40 Celsius here. (100-104 F for the "other guys" ) haha. (Really, igloo melting stuff) But we haven't gone above 30 c (86 F) yet.

It's still very cool, and I'm thankful for that. Something doesn't seem right, anywhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by eccentriclady

Isn't your link a link to the Atlantic Current? Not the Gulf Current?

Is this what you are looking for?

This is a map of the magnitude of the horizontal velocity of the seawater at the indicated depth. Units are meters per second

polar.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
whatever is going on with this weird weather, mother nature will fix herself somehow. I just worried itll be with a big bang somehow like human kind has never seen. Looks like humans need to gear upp for a change...super cells storms on thier way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join