It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1AM : 100F+ in the gulf of mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Gulf loop current has stopped so this water will get hotter and the North Atlantic will get colder . This is how an ice age starts .

This disturbs me very much

Since i live in Canada we will be blasted if /or when the Ice age Comes back

GeoCraft- Ice Age

Good Read up on Ice Ages Here.

We are supposed to be going back into a maunder minimum possibly.

Around the year 2015 which could exacerbate the Cooling. That may be coming...

Space.com- Major Result on Sunspot Cycle to be Announced Tuesday.

I have read that the Ocean Currents are possibly the Largest Factor other than the Sun For Global Temperature Fluctuations and if this guy is telling the Truth. If the Gulf Stream has Stopped or /and Ceased Flowing Somewhat this could spell Large Cooling in the North Atlantic as he stated. Therefore implying if this Gulf-stream Claim Holds true. Europe and Northern U.S Canada Could be in For a Cold spell. Soon.

Web site About Gulf Stream Conveyor Belt Shut-Down Causing Ice Age

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
future focus - the gulf stream and the next ice age
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google Video Link

So it appears at-least to me that if the Gulf-Stream ceases to flow the way it does and/or circumvents itself to the south instead of North and/or Circulates in a circle in the gulf of mexico and causes exponential heating.

Than it seems Europe may be the hardest hit for Climate.

And probably the East -Coast of the United States Canada.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be6544ef1f1e.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 14-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

I really wish I could understand your post better. It seems like you've got some important things to say, however, hardly any of it makes any sense. Is there any possibility of you re-posting this info, while attempting to speak proper English? It'd be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty interested in hearing about what I've assumed you're tying to say. Thanks.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I feel bad for all you suffering through the heat.. it was 70 degrees here yesterday and blustery. Felt like fall .. in fact, we ate chillie haha.

Just remember.. just because the weather acts weird, breaks a record, or doesn't fit your idea of "normal" ...

Doesn't mean the World is ending.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The weather is changing, somehow, indeed, the temperatures are getting higher and higher in summer and we're complaining about the fact that we can't breath when going outside after a whole day in A/C environment... but how about thinking of adapting ourselves a bit to the new conditions?

What I mean is:
- A/C at work
- A/C in the car
- A/C at home
A/C everywhere, in fact. Then when we go out we're feeling like breathing fire but this is perfectly normal. Our organism cannot adapt in a matter of one or two hours and the more we stay in a A/C environment, the more we will suffer.

Since 5--6 years ago, I decided not to use the A/C anymore, neither at home, office or in the car. I started to go outside in the heat, gradually, not exposing myself too much at first but "telling" my body "Here, this is how it will be, let's try to adapt, okay?" And guess what, now it's about 103 degrees outside and I am able to take the bicycle and ride it for 10-15 miles in the sun, without any adverse effect excepting sweating like a pig
but with enough water and a bit of salt, I am really enjoying the heat.
And let me tell you, I'm not 16, but 43 y.o. so it's not a matter of age; our organism is smart enough to adapt itself. Just let it do it, don't fight with nature.

We need to adapt, otherwise, in case the of the temperature getting higher and higher, we will find ourselves like those poor saps in the SciFi movies, condemned to live in a closed, controlled environment, at the mercy of some climate generators which may cease functioning anytime and then, all the hell will break loose.
edit on 15-7-2011 by shansen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

Also, eveyone running their AC just makes everything even hotter. I remember when we had that huge black out in NY back in 2006 (???) after about an hour the temperature dropped tremendously without electricals running. Very peaceful too! I do run my AC but only when it's 90 degrees and high humidity, otherwise I like fresh air and sining birds. I rarely use the AC in my car.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
reply to post by shansen

Also, eveyone running their AC just makes everything even hotter. I remember when we had that huge black out in NY back in 2006 (???) after about an hour the temperature dropped tremendously without electricals running. Very peaceful too! I do run my AC but only when it's 90 degrees and high humidity, otherwise I like fresh air and sining birds. I rarely use the AC in my car.

You're right there, mate.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Isn't summer? Why would this be an issue,,now? If its hurricanes, we're due for a strong season. But this worry that the the gulf is too hot is just being paranoid. We all need to be a bit smarter and stop thinking humans are influencing this planet. We need to relax about stuff we have no control over. I don't see the point .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I really wish I could understand your post better. It seems like you've got some important things to say, however, hardly any of it makes any sense. Is there any possibility of you re-posting this info, while attempting to speak proper English? It'd be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty interested in hearing about what I've assumed you're tying to say. Thanks.

Gulf Stream Carries warm Water to Europe and Eastern North America. If the current Changes direction that could cause a large loss in temperature.

If the gulf stream is diverted somehow.

Something similar happened 3 million years ago; and has probably happened on several smaller scales.

Wikipedia- Isthmus of Panama- Geology

Scientists believe the formation of the Isthmus of Panama is one of the most important geologic events in the last 60 million years. Even though only a small sliver of land relative to the sizes of continents, the Isthmus of Panama had an enormous impact on Earth's climate and its environment. By shutting down the flow of water between the two oceans, the land bridge re-routed ocean currents in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Atlantic currents were forced northward, and eventually settled into a new current pattern that we call the Gulf Stream today. With warm Caribbean waters flowing toward the northeast Atlantic, the climate of northwestern Europe grew warmer. (Winters there would be as much as 10 °C colder without the transport of heat from the Gulf Stream.) The Atlantic, no longer mingling with the Pacific, grew saltier. Each of these changes helped establish the global ocean circulation pattern in place today. In short, the Isthmus of Panama directly and indirectly influenced ocean and atmospheric circulation patterns, which regulated patterns of rainfall, which in turn sculpted landscapes.

Evidence also suggests that the creation of this land mass and the subsequent, warm wet weather over northern Europe resulted in the formation of a large Arctic ice cap and contributed to the current ice age.

The Isthmus of Panama 3 million years ago is when North America and South America continents connected and Panama Blocking the Current that ran between the Atlantic(through the Gulf Of mexico) And the Pacific.

Ever since that happened 3 million years ago the Earths temperature has been an average 5-7 C Colder.

Therefore why we've been fluctuating between Ice- Ages and Inter-Glacials.

I'm not a scientists i don't know what will happen in the Gulf of Mexico; i can only surmise.
Or post my suppositions on the matter.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The Reason... About 3/4 way through

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I did not catch the date on the OP's video clip, but over the past 24-hours the max temp. Georgia gulf was 87.5 at 4:00 PM CDT. This is according to the NOAA surface buoys. Here is a link for sailors to interrogate individual surface buoys, navigational aids and port weather stations. This is in normal range for this time of year, relative to the air temp.

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

I can't find any evidence to support the temperature anomaly nor any evidence to suggest the Florida Stream, The Gulf Stream, the North Atlantic Stream or the southern flow are behaving other than normal.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nice thread.

I live in Finland, and the biggest contributor to our weather is The Gulf Stream.

We have very cold weather at the moment. Last night was just above 50F, and it's July ffs! It's getting hard time for my crops to manage, as flowering stunts below 50F.

Only June was a month, where night temperatures stayed above 65F. It really is weird nowadays.

Also, it has been getting colder year by year, there's lots of common folk here who says that weather is getting much colder what it used to be.

So, i do believe that the gulf stream has been affected negatively some how. It would be nice to know what the future holds for us.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So far in Dallas / Ft Worth area, we are working on 15 days straight of 100+ temps. It's hot for sure. Still nothing compared to the 1980 Texas Heat wave. 42 days straight of triple digit temps, broke for one day, and continued triple digit temps for a total of 69 days. Now that was HOT!
Not looking forward to the rest of this summer. Hope it doesn't happen again.

It's hot like this everywhere, so I hope everyone takes care of the young, elderly, and their pets. Afraid the BP spill has something to do with this, they just won't tell us the truth. Imagine that...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i live in pensacola fl. just about 13 miles from the gulf.
the summer daytime temps for the past five years or so have run from the high 80's to high 90's, with humidity, it makes the heat index run into triple digits.

the gulf water temp has always run high 70's to high 80's,

here from wear tv 3 in pensacola weather, water temp 87

here the link.

Gulf Water Temps

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
i tend to go with my own logic and experience, i remember four seasons when i was 18, now decades later i only see 2 seasons. So in short, yes the climate has changed and its not reverting.

What part of the world are you from, because here in Canada, we still definitely get 4 seasons.

It's nice that we can all talk about the temperature... but stop crying like the sky is falling down... CO2 levels were 6 times higher than they are now, back in the days of the dinosaurs, and the world got along just fine... additionally during the Cretaceous period, there were NO polar ice caps and it was either forest, jungle or desert, and still the world was just fine...

CRETACEOUS PERIOD

The sky ain't falling people... we simply hit a hot spot.

Back in Shakespeare's days, there were lakes freezing over in July in Britain... a few people died from exposure, but we're still around today right? If that was to happen tomorrow, boy I'm telling you we'd have some nutjobs on here claiming the world is about to implode or something.

MP
edit on 15-7-2011 by mindpurge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I can confirm the validity that it is extremely hot down here. Last night at about 2:30 est my temp monitor was 95 been like that for awhile, however, I have had 2 fish kills in my pond this year and the water is very hot, the hottest it's ever been and Ive never had a fish kill.

Even had the water tested and there as nothing wrong, and im not the only one.

The weather changes on Earth, always has always will until the sun turns into a dwarf and the day comes we turn into Mars.

I'm more worried about hurricane season though, if one gets in the gulf, especially in August, I don't even want to think about it.

I was actually going to make a thread last week on this, but I decided I didn't want to feel like having to keep up with a thread I made. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Anyone go to the Jersey shore lately and notice that the water doesn't sting so hard the first time you jump in the ocean. Its getting warmer up here too. I've been going to the Jersey shore since I was a child and it is never really that warm in the water unless its august. The day i went the temp was only 85 so it should have been a bit nippy at first.

ps anyone else notice the abundance of gummy bear sized jelly creatures??? apparently they are called salps. It took my wife and I a bit of research to figure out what they were. Completely harmless but it makes you feel like you are swimming in gummy bears.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Its warm water that keeps the northern latitudes warm, so your saying warm water getting warmer will make things cold? now if you said warm water causing the conveyer that keeps us warm up here to stop due to warm water in the gulf then I could of seen the corilation, but this sounds like flawed thinking to me. Dont show me proof that only backs up your claim, back up your claim with proof. I hope I dont have to explain that concept to anyone, just look up the "stages of criticle thinking".

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Weather Underground has a very useful tool for marine weather. It shows the temperatures normal. Louisiana waters are usualy a lot warmer than the rest, probably because the are a lot shallower and the muddy color absorbs more light. Darker colors are hotter in the sun.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
OHHH MY GODD!! Crazy guiy on Youtubeeee!?! Let's all freak out!! Crapnoldes!

It has been normal summer temperatures in Miami. Perfect beach weather. It even got nice and cool the other evening. Don't cancel your vacations.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior

Hasn't anyone seen the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"?

In the film, the gulf stream drops below what is required for the North Atlantic Current to continue as it has for the last 13 thousand years, and the temperature across the entire north of America, as well as Europe and basically everywhere north of the equator, becomes encased in ice and a new ice age begins.

It's actually quite disturbing to hear that it's actually happening.

It's not happening - and if the North Atlantic Drift did stop flowing then based on what happened last time (8.2ka) then temperatures in Europe would plummet by around 1c .........
There would be other knock on effects around the world, but nothing that would really affect us any more than the seasonal extremes we normally experience.

That's science. As opposed to science fiction. There is a difference.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join