It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto official Beaten by farmers in India over Failed GMO Bt Cotton Seeds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

It seems the Monsanto "representative' got his a** whooping
as deserved, due to his loyalty to Monsanto, and his refusal to admit wrong doing,
or failure of the Bt Cotton crop.

Only after he demonstrated his loyalty to Monsanto did the farmers
decide to give him an a** whooping.
So...he gets the benetits of being a Monsanto employee.
Its that simple...

Let those "representatives" think long and hard before going abroad to
tout the benefits of a failed GMO experiment, perpetrated on farmers for the cause of greed.

When news of a Monsanto senior official's arrival from Mumbai reached the nearby village of Munjala, cotton farmers of the village Karanji, about 140 K.m. from Nagpur located the Monsanto official and took him to their field where a complete failure of ‘Paras Sudarshan’ Bt cotton seed was shown to him.

When the Monsanto representative failed to admit the lapse, he was severely beaten up by the farmers.

It was reported that even a local agriculture officer did not come to his rescue. www.salem-news.com...

I am sure he has good heath insurance, no?
edit on 13-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
unfortunately this was a low level expendable.

monsanto must go, no one should be able to patent food, basic food at that.

cotton is not food, i know but it is a basic crop. purple asparagus is not basic, get a patent for that.

the guy is lucky he was not fertilizer.
edit on 13-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

well buddy let's put it this way

street dealers go to jail if they are caught

their being mere employees doesn't cut them any slack.

that said while normally i would agree with you in any other case...

monsteranto has been poisoning this planet too long for me and
many others to consider these psychopathic crypto-nazis anything remotely resembling
a reasonable facsimile of a human being.

they are out to cause an extinction level event
and should be considered THE #! threat to the human race on the planet.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Originally posted by buddha
New use for Monsanto officials.
Fertilizer! chop them up an bury them.
lets just hope the are not as
posiones as what they sell.

no no no!

prions
and who knows what else?
remember you are what you eat.

nope a wicker man or any kind of burning is better and less polluting

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well its like mama always said if your gonna play by the sword your gonna die by the sword...........RIP mama

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

It is the Indian government's fault for allowing organization such as Monsanto to deceive the ignorant. The farmers are easily fooled, but the good thing about those farmers is that if you deceive them they won't stay silent. They are ignorant, but they are not cowards.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone explains to you what the risks are when you become employed by such a company. I mean, I'd assume one would be ignorant of such risks before applying, otherwise, why apply? Monsanto's screwing a world of people over, and to be able to even work for a business like them, You'd just HAVE to not know what you were getting into, right? I wonder if home-boy even saw it comin'? I have to ask myself this question, otherwise, I will not be able to feel bad for the dude who just got trounced. It's kinda like if you saw someone whip a stick at a hornet's nest... you just chuckle to yourself, mumble "idiot" and hope the swarm doesn't buzz your way...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

It is the Indian government's fault for allowing organization such as Monsanto to deceive the ignorant. The farmers are easily fooled, but the good thing about those farmers is that if you deceive them they won't stay silent. They are ignorant, but they are not cowards.

I'd say it's down to a lack of education and poverty, and not ignorance.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Good on them!

Dont screw the people.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
he was just an employee, not the physical representation of monsanto. i think its more than likely the guy couldnt care less about the ideals of who he works for and was just doing his job.

its sad to see people taking delight in hearing someone got beat up.

exactly the mindset we need to lose! IMHO
i think it´s a lame excuse, i used to work at a gas station..
that is untill i learned what big oil does to the world, how it enslaves a population and how they handle # when things go wrong. (BP disaster)
i quit my job. (be the change you want to see, right??)

people need to take responsiblity for their own actions, not hide behind some lame excuse as 'but it's just my job'.

to the OP;
thanks for bringing this to my attention, made me chuckle

edit on 14-7-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
oh those poor people (the farmers, i mean). i'm not happy that some guy didn't get due process or that he had to bare the brunt of justifiably angry farmers, but
it's definitely not good that monsanto is doing this stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
and now those Indian farmers can feel good about themselves for about 12 minutes.

Meanwhile...Monsanto is all smiles over this as I'm sure they had a corporate insurance policy taken out on this worker that would pay THEM a couple million in the event of his untimely death.

Who's laughing now?

(No, I don't support Mon$anto. Just throwing out a little dose of reality here folks)

edit on 14-7-2011 by TXRabbit because: speling

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
India is known for its locals taking the law into their own hands. I've heard stories of people getting into car accidents and then getting beaten up by a mob because it was their fault. Or a guy getting drunk and beating up his wife and then the locals beat him while shoving more alcohol down his throat.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Only a matter of time before people start gunning for these representatives and politicians worldwide.

I give it 7 years.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Haha, work for the devil and get cast out of paradise.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So he got beat up. I won't show any sympathy for him. He's still living.

From the Friday movie..
"Mr. Jones: You win some, you lose some. But you live, you live to fight another day. "

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The people cheering this...

Do you really want a place where violence is used to solve disputes? Do you know that some people kill you for being a Muslim, Sikh, or Christian in India? Citizens taking what they percieve as justice in their own hands leads to horrible crimes. You complain so much about people being too complacent in Western countries, but this lack of resorting to mob rule is one of the things that elevates quality of life.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
The people cheering this...

Do you really want a place where violence is used to solve disputes? Do you know that some people kill you for being a Muslim, Sikh, or Christian in India? Citizens taking what they percieve as justice in their own hands leads to horrible crimes. You complain so much about people being too complacent in Western countries, but this lack of resorting to mob rule is one of the things that elevates quality of life.

Tell that to Monsanto. I don't think they got that memo

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just came in from the fields for some toast, and found this gem waiting for me.

Not generally a huge fan of brute force, but found this right satisfying.

Even if it's not the most effective way to enact change, it's a damn sight better than the Fawkes-mask shennanigans.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Monsanto kinda reminds me of the Umbrella Corp from Resident Evil...
I just hope this spreads around the world so that people can stand up to this this vile and evil corporation and make it crash and burn

edit on 14-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join