It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto official Beaten by farmers in India over Failed GMO Bt Cotton Seeds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is awesome!!!! i know, i know: violence is never the answer. but i completely endorse/condone this...this and taking some gasoline to their test fields. Monsanto and all other agribusinesses need to be stopped AT ALL COSTS!

The only way to get a corporation from stopping its endless rape of the planet and society is to make it no long financially viable to continue. (i.e as much monetary loss as possible)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
The people cheering this...

Do you really want a place where violence is used to solve disputes?

It is unfortunate but sometimes it is the only solution left.

I give you the American revolution as an example. WWII as another. There are countless others on much smaller scales.

Consider that if Monsanto had not been greedy and used these poor people these farmers would not have had any motivation to do this. Isn't Monsanto also to blame for the violence toward their employee?

My cat is a peaceful loving creature but if you smack it around it will defend itself (would never do this to my kitty). You could hardly blame the cat if you got bit and scratched by it.
edit on 14-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
just think...if monsanto had stayed in the carpet business, they would have had one of their rep's @sses beaten in iraq, for carpets that failed to fly.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Looks Like This Has Been A Long Time Coming - Here Is A Very Direct Attack Against Monsanto By The Karnataka State Farmers Association, India.
INDIA CHEERS WHILE MONSANTO BURNS

"We send today, a very clear message to all those who have invested in Monsanto in India and abroad; take your money out now, before we reduce it to ashes". Karnataka State Farmers Association, India One of the most morally dubious Claims made in Monsanto's recent _ newspaper advertising blitz was the assertion that the widespread use of food biotechnology is the only way to feed the world's poor. The corporation's argument went like this: millions of people currently go hungry in developing countries. In the future, as global population increases, this problem is set to worsen. Only high yield agriculture can possibly produce enough food to meet this increased demand. There fore, quite obviously, only "biotechnology can feed the world." Monsanto's strategy was to try to por tray its genetically modified (GM) crops as the solution to the hunger and poverty problems of the Third World. The company even tried to round up a group of 'respect ed voices' from developing countries to endorse an advert entitled 'Let The Harvest Begin', which praised biotechnology as the seed of the future", which will "feed the world in the next century." Monsanto was playing a clever game: it was trying to portray opponents of food biotechnology as selfish and insular. What right, asked the corporation, do well fed Western environ mentalists have to deny the poor farmers of the Third World access to this wonderful new technology, which could teed their families and improve their living standards dramatically in years to come? But this tactic is beginning to backfire spectacularly. In trying to use developing countries as pawns in its game, as it plays for dominance of the world's food markets, it is alienating the very people it claimed to be supporting: the poor. In India, where millions of peasant farmers still live a life of small scale, subsistence agriculture, the corporation is facing nothing less than a crisis. Its trademark evasion, deception and subterfuge has enraged farmers all over the country. And if it won't go voluntarily, they are prepared to chase it out, by any means necessary.

INDIA CHEERS WHILE MONSANTO BURNS

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
LMAO

Wow, I feel bad about that.

Obviously we need to take our cues from East Indian farmers.

DIE Monsanto.

I love a good ol' fashioned gang beating. Sad thing is, it doesnt happen often enough these days.

When words fail to send the message, express yourself with a dance called fist to face.

I suspect this isnt the last time we will hear about this sort of revolt. The world is finally waking up and wiping the crust from their eyes. The world they're beginning to see, this world we all know too well here on ATS, is horribly shocking for the uninitiated.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm waiting for desperate farmers to begin walking into Monsanto offices around the world with C4 strapped to them.
Monsanto employees need an incentive to find alternative employment, maybe they have to find a heart first though?!?!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Karma is a bitch.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
you reap what you sow
good for the farmers, i think the pain & suffering caused should be equally had by Monsanto

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
he was just an employee, not the physical representation of monsanto. i think its more than likely the guy couldnt care less about the ideals of who he works for and was just doing his job.

its sad to see people taking delight in hearing someone got beat up.

I too do not advocate violence, but to be honest, I would never work for a corporation that has spawned so much evil across the planet. Maybe you fail to realize that it is everyone's DUTY to make sure that they are not a cog in a machine that works toward a goal that they believe to be wrong. If you have no morals, why should anyone care what happens to you? If you give a damn about others and their suffering, you would never consider working for MONS(TER)ANTO. I am college-educated and poor, and it may very well be that I am poor because I can't be forced or bribed to do anything that I find immoral. Although I am not happy that anyone got hurt, I hate to say it, but if that's what you are willing to do for a paycheck, and something like this happens to you, I think that you get what you deserve. Remember all those people during WWII who were "just doing their jobs"?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by 547000
The people cheering this...

Do you really want a place where violence is used to solve disputes?

It is unfortunate but sometimes it is the only solution left.

I give you the American revolution as an example. WWII as another. There are countless others on much smaller scales.

Consider that if Monsanto had not been greedy and used these poor people these farmers would not have had any motivation to do this. Isn't Monsanto also to blame for the violence toward their employee?

My cat is a peaceful loving creature but if you smack it around it will defend itself (would never do this to my kitty). You could hardly blame the cat if you got bit and scratched by it.

In that case all Mulim nations should nuke America in retaliation.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Obviously, I don't support this type of violence... But, that being said...This is EXACTLY the outcome I predicted would happen with gene monipulation. Famine is just around the corner folks. Almost all corn and about half of all soybeans planted in the U.S. are GMO.

Almost ALL processed foods in the grocery stores contain GMO corn or GMO soy products. The Fed made it ILLEGAL to label ANY food products 'GMO FREE".

The Fed made "sterile seed crops" LEGAL. That means when you plant a seed bearing plant, the seeds produced by that plant are dead and cannot be used to grow more crops. This type of seed appears to have a dominant gene that causes all crops receicing ANY pollination from the sterile seed crops to ALSO produce sterile seeds. On top of that, Sterile seed pollen has be shown to negatively impact traditional garden crops, INCLUDING disimilar crops such as squash, melons, etc. Plants in test plots became sickly and garden output was decreased by an average of 50%.

Why would the laws get passed? There are only two possibilities:

(1) MONEY moves politicians and elitists. Be sure that some major cashed got slipped under the table.

(2) POWER. NWO enthusiasts and population-theorists all have their own power agendas and aspirations.

THERE IS CONSPIRACY TO BE FOUND HERE! I dont know what, exactly, can be found in the sewer, but I can sure smell it from here!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Now THAT is FUNNY!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
I read about this a long time ago, It basically says how they introduce the seed over there to make money. Since the crop will only last one season the farmers will have to buy more seeds from "monsanto" in order to harvest next years crops.

It was said that millions would eventually go broke and starve after the GMO seed was introduced. And now here we are 2years later and its all coming true.

The documentary is called Food Inc.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

here is the video

Or watch on youtube: www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

he was just an employee, not the physical representation of monsanto. i think its more than likely the guy couldnt care less about the ideals of who he works for and was just doing his job.

Just doing your job does not excuse destroying peoples livelihoods. That's what Monsanto does they are destroying peoples lives business and harming humans health. They need to be shut down ASAP! Good on those Indan farmers for doing what Americans have lost the cojones to do.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I hate Monsanto.

I hope they go down in flames.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thanks for embedding the FOOD INC. Documentary Link.

The More You Know...

To those who have not watched this documentary, I really believes it brings up many valid points and recommend watching.

Regards,

t

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Thats not how it works in India amongst some of the uneducated sector. If one starts, the others will follow and will physically punish the individual/messenger upto certain extent. Nothing new. Social Responsibility is everyone's responsibility not just Individuals but also Corporations

It is funny to imagine though about the official pleading and begging for selling counterfeit product and prolly getting kicked and punched around in the middle of a cotton field

edit on 14-7-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Awesome!

I guess those you know, brown, uncivilized, stupid dot head people over there who we just like to shoot, have MUCH BIGGER BALLS than any wimpy Americans.

For some reason, they are not just bending over and asking for more.....hm.

Dam those towel heads! They should shut up and take it like a fat American!

Oh wait, the "terrorists" "attacked" them just now! Time for the carpet of bombs to SAVE them!

Stop with the insults. Anonymity on the internet doesn't mean you should abandon civilized discussion. You contradict yourself when you stand against stereotyping and wiping people off the face of the earth based on the ignorance of their culture, and then yourself use stereotyping to insult an entire country. It defeats your purpose and makes you look bad. Nobody is going to take you seriously.

On topic - the documentary called "Food Inc." gives some good information as to what Monsanto does to American farmers. It is an eye-opening film for those who have never heard or seen how our food is produced in this country. I dislike Monsanto, don't want to buy their food (although it's difficult to avoid it), and I can understand the frustration of these Indian farmers. Would I advocate violence? Not sure,.... although sometimes it seems the quickest way of getting one's point across.

When there are people out there trying to rip your freedoms from you, enslave you and even starve you....this is a laughable event. As long as I personally am not a part of the violence and am attacking no one...I CAN LAUGH AT WHAT I PLEASE. As for civility, I am civilized for not trying to harm them.....yet, they continue to try to kill us in every way possible.
Here is a quote for you:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

The least I can do for my country is laugh at a member of a cult that mass murders people. Just who's side are you on anyway. Why don't you write THIS GUY after he gets out of the hospital or maybe some of his criminal cronies and admonish them. Don't admonish the ones that are laughing at the misfortune of pure evil.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

That place in Hell is called ... "The Lake of Fire" ...... if you google - 'millions of people who die go to Lake of Fire' (or a very similar search-engine phrase) you'll be enlightened, surprised and/or amazed ... if you do not already know of this horrid place in Hell that's reserved for the Monsanto's, and the like, there are short videos posted on YouTube about people who claim to have been given a 'preview' -- such as "7 Youths See Hell".

I saw Food, Inc many years ago when it was first released and I also heard about this 'crime family' back in the late 1980's, which is when I started buying strictly from local, organic farms and organic food co-ops -- also, as per my holistic doctor.

On Topic -- THE MONSANTO'S ARE SOCIOPATHS.

Also, it is (sort of) possible that this person, meaning the Monsanto sales rep who was beaten (within inches), is a brainwashed victim of the Monsanto Crime Family ... I'm not sure, but it's possible. If not, and the beating was justified, well then I sure am all :-) :-) :-) ... although I would have rather read/heard that an (adult) Monsanto blood-line crime family member was killed. It has been rumored that this family worships Satan.

ON ANOTHER NOTE - IMO - I believe we wouldn't have survived as a species if our Ancestors did not kill those who threatened survival, and whomever may contribute to extinction, such as Monsanto types. I believe these killings were once accepted, common practice amongst the Inuit Eskimos. The Inuits supposedly killed the mentally disturbed/ill by pushing them off of a cliff, or whatever they could do to quickly and easily get rid of the counterproductive, destructive, dysfunctional person who was dragging others down and who was a threat to survival ... just a thought ... I am not an Anthropologist.

Anyway, one beating down, a few hundred more to go !

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
I read about this a long time ago, It basically says how they introduce the seed over there to make money. Since the crop will only last one season the farmers will have to buy more seeds from "monsanto" in order to harvest next years crops.

It was said that millions would eventually go broke and starve after the GMO seed was introduced. And now here we are 2years later and its all coming true.

The documentary is called Food Inc.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

Are you saying that this wasn't a crop failure -- but the Terminator Seeds functioning as promised?

IF so, then more of the Monsanto execs need a beating. Having a seed that cannot be replanted is turning a farmer into a sharecropper. Companies that sell seeds should have to rely on the quality and price of their goods -- NOT strong-arm contracts where famers are forced into a relationship with them.

>> I would not want to be the man who tells a farmer whose family is about to starve, that if he had read the fine print, he would know that THE SEEDS we sold him would only last for one planting. This guy is lucky to be alive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join