It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think you get free speech on ATS? Guess again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Today i posted a thread on out beloved AST, trying to explain that anonymous is not just a bunch of hackers that there are average people here too,

not long after i post this a fell Anon member on Ats tells me i shouldnt of botherd that my thread will just be deleted. and it was.

I came to ATS to GET AWAY FROM CENCORSHIP! and now i learn that even tho im just trying to get infor out to other people around the world my post gets deleted! Above top secret is just another curropt website that if it doesnt agree with what you say they will take it down!

I am ANONYMOUS
I am NOT a computer hacker
We are legion
we go not froget
we do not frogive
Expect us ATS

i am well aware that this post will probley be deleted but just do you know mods, you migh as well delete my account too because im going to KEEP TRYING TO GET THE WORD OUT

Freedom of speech is words that they will bend!!!
edit on 12-7-2011 by K13PT0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I predict a delete 1..2..3.

But, I agree, I saw two very interesting threads on here today and both were deleted within minutes.

It's nothing new, though...some of the most informative threads have been deleted on other free-for-all forums I've been on.

Touching a little close to something important, I guess.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Another person complaining, because they failed to follow the T and C......

Its not about free speech.........its a site run by people who have rules......you follow the rules, or they have the right to remove posts, post ban, or remove you.......

Its amazing how many people confuse the issue of free speech, with sites that are OWNED by people........

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yes but i looked and i never broke ANY of the rules at all

ps; Yaaaaay post lasted 10 mins
that 5 mins longer then i thought

edit on 12-7-2011 by K13PT0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There is no censorship that is unfair on this site. If your thread got deleted it was for a good reason. I promise you that. You can't claim to be anonymous, and it makes you seem even more unintelligent. Think about it. The meaning of the word anonymous? Hmm. And the actual hack group anonymous is a loose confederation of a handful of hackers, and not you.
edit on 7/12/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by K13PT0

Freedom of speech is words that they will bend!!!

Freedom of Speech within the ToC, seems simple, no?

Anon collaborators should not be so careless as to advertise who they are... but then again I suppose every movement needs a few fall-guys...

edit on 12-7-2011 by iMystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

ManBehindTheMask,

Can you please point out how his earlier anon thread violated the T&C? I'm not saying it didn't, I just don't see how it did.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by K13PT0

Blah, blah, blah.

Read the terms and conditions upon joining the website.

If you cannot speak without utilizing foul language, abusive behavior, or attacking the person?

Then you are not worth hearing/reading.

I could care less if you were "Anonymous", a regular member, or a Moderator.

Behave, follows the terms and conditions, or rules if you prefer, or do not bother posting on ATS.

It takes a special kind of person to understand you can walk within the lines.

And still get your message across to anyone and everyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Above top secret is just another curropt website

Corrupt*

edit on 12-7-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
First of all, you should understand that, while we staunchly and overwhelmingly support free expression and go out of our way to ensure you have a world class venue within which to express yourself, Freedom of Speech is not an absolute guarantee.

For example, you are not free to create yet another thread on a subject that already has several recent and active threads. If you think that is suppressing your "free speech," then you're not really well-versed on the concept.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
removed
edit on 12/7/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
There is no censorship that is unfair on this site. If your thread got deleted it was for a good reason. I promise you that. You can't claim to be anonymous, and it makes you seem even more unintelligent. Think about it. The meaning of the word anonymous? Hmm. And the actual hack group anonymous is a loose confederation of a handful of hackers, and not you.
edit on 7/12/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

THAT IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT IN MY OTHER POST!!!

Anonymous isnt a group of hackers!! its an idea an idea for freedom! look at the site and see for your self befor you make your self look more stupid
www.whatis-theplan.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No offense, but a lot of people are posting here as if they read his earlier thread...Which the OBVIOUSLY did not.

The original thread violated nothing. There were no clear violations of the publicly stated T&C policy.

The site is privately owned, sure.. But our traffic is what draws the advertising dollars that make this site money.

If the ownership truly respects their members they will either amend their T&C BEFORE killing threads with no clear or even obscure violation, or they will allow these threads because again, they do not contradict the T&C.

Edited to add:

And for a site who's motto is "deny ignorance" there sure are a lot of blind, brown nosed followers here. Just sayin.

Sorry guys, I just see things the way they happen, without bias.. And this is what I see happening here. Just another herd.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

Edited again because my completely ON TOPIC post was deleted for pointing out a massive double standard in the T&C. Really? So you just silence my very valid point? Really? Isn't this exactly the type of thing that ATSers are here to fight against. REALLY? So disappointing.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
its because it can be though of as recruitment my friend nothing aginst us

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by K13PT0

**Sigh**

As an owner of my own forum, I've said this to quite a few people who cried foul about censorship. ATS isn't a public street. It's someones home. Do you think you can come inside their home and say whatever you want and they just have to take it? No, they'll kick you out.

Although I don't put a muzzle on any topics on my forum (granted, illegal topics are off limits), its ATS'es rights to say what can be said and what can't. Not much we can do about it.

P.S.
I support Anonymous.

link   
US ARMY- ATS.com is a "danger" to national security, page 1. Pages: ATS Members have flagged this thread 0 times. Topic started on 11-7-2011 @ 08:12 PM by ...

This thread deleted yesterday,about ATS being watched by national security,this came from a US army
ranger the thread deleted immediately ,not before i read it 3 TIMES.The us army cyber security has pegged
ats as CAUTIONARY/IMMEDIATE THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY. YOU ARE BEING WATCHED
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY.

link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

pleast by all means show me once in any of my threads where i swore or attacked a person? i dont seem to recall any.

and about attacking one person look and that posts above yours. arnt they attacking one person?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
The original thread violated nothing. There were no clear violations of the publicly stated T&C policy.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by K13PT0

Blah, blah, blah.

Read the terms and conditions upon joining the website.

If you cannot speak without utilizing foul language, abusive behavior, or attacking the person?

Then you are not worth hearing/reading.

I could care less if you were "Anonymous", a regular member, or a Moderator.

Behave, follows the terms and conditions, or rules if you prefer, or do not bother posting on ATS.

It takes a special kind of person to understand you can walk within the lines.

And still get your message across to anyone and everyone.

One of the threads I was referring to that was deleted was about the history of vibrators, which on the suface seemed rather provocative, but was seriously informative and interesting. It didn't abuse any rules that I could see.

The other one stated that websites like ATS were under scrutiny by the gov't...which if you're conspiracy-minded at all you'd have known it anyway. Once again, I couldn't see how any rules of decency was violated...and believe me one of the things I LIKE about ATS is the weeding out of the gratuitious language, mean-spirited behavior and vulgarity.

<<   2 >>

join