It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona State Sen. Lori Klein (R) points a loaded gun at a reporter!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And that, my friends, is how accidents happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the rights of gun owners. The plain and simple fact is: Guns don't kill people, People kill people, whether its by a murderer or a babbling idiot such as this woman... Completely uncalled for! If her backwoods 'training' was worth a crap, she would know not to point at people under any circumstance. Wait... or is that just common sense?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by Evil3unnie

Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.
"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

With a statement like that it is clear this lady should not own a firearm let alone handle one.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

If my memory serves correct but isn't a firearm without a safety considered to be illegal also isn't it illegal to sell a firearm without a safety?

edit on 12-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Uh No. in particular revolvers don't incorporate a separate "safety" of any kind: the"long" double action trigger pull is considered enough; Double action auto pistols sometimes incorporate a "decocking lever" which allows the hammer to be dropped safely and the gun carried with a round in the chamber requiring a long double action trigger stroke to fire just like a revolver.

edit on 12-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow. If she is actually pro 2nd amendment, she is certainly not helping the cause. In fact, she probably just gave it's critics some "ammunition".

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm appalled...

That there are those that think this is no big deal, or should be casually dismissed...

It's a serious assertion (or accusation if you wish), and should be addressed by the appropriate authorities. If you think that this kind of flippant behavior with a gun will be met with universal apathy, I suggest heading down to your local gun range, gun shop or cop shop and draw a bead on the denizens of the aforementioned establishments... If you manage to survive, and are released form the hospital and/or correctional facility, please post your experiences in this thread.

She broke the law... With a gun...

:shk:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

But she did it, "to be cute." Isn't that a viable defense for an accomplished Senate woman?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Friendly Fire

Originally posted by Dr Love
No politician for gun rights would point a gun at a reporter and think it's cute.

Oh, I can think of one off-hand.

But your observation does beg the conspiratorial question: what if Senator Klein's behavior on this issue is, in fact, all just a clever ruse to indirectly promote firearm prohibition efforts?

God I love ATS.

edit on 7/12/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Both politicians from the same state.............a pro-gun state at that.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Her father taught her gun safety? I guess he missed the safety point of "always keep the barrel of the gun pointed to the ground." I never held a gun nor owned one, but jeesh I've heard enough people who own guns talk about the basics of gun safety. Wow.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Do they serve alcohol in the senate members lounge where this incident took place?

She looks like she had been drinking in this photo....

www.azcentral.com...

My grandpa told me that alcohol and gunpowder don't mix. If she had of even had a drink and pulled out her piece, she should have been arrested for reckless endangerment.

And drinking or not....What a fool and so are those that defend her. You aren't doing any of us responsible gun owners any favors.
edit on 12-7-2011 by whaaa because: green code 33

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Such a champion of gun rights but no flippin clue about gun safety.

FACT: If I were to point a loaded gun at another human being who was not a threat to me in anyway I would be arrested and prosecuted.

FACT: Accidents can and do happen.

Opinion: She should be charged criminally the way any average person would be.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes she was really dumb to point her gun at anyone, really stupid. With that said she still has a right to to own and carrier her firearm.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Yes she was really dumb to point her gun at anyone, really stupid. With that said she still has a right to to own and carrier her firearm.

Not anymore! With that stupid type of action; her right to carry should be taken away just like another non politician displaying such blatant stupidity. That little foolish move was more dangerous than drinking and driving.
What happens with a DWI?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Stupid, stupid, stupid lady.

She's lucky she didnt get shot herself for aiming a firearm at another human being. That's more enough to justify deadly force.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Not anymore! With that stupid type of action; her right to carry should be taken away just like another non politician displaying such blatant stupidity. That little foolish move was more dangerous than drinking and driving.
What happens with a DWI?

who are you to strip her of her rights? She should be charged with a mistermeaner at the most.

It was not more dangerous then drunk driving. it was stupid but not drunk driving.
edit on 12-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.
"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

Yeah, that one's right up there with, "I just didn't think it was loaded"...

This person should face legal action.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What happens with a DWI?

who are you to strip her of her rights? She should be charged with a mistermeaner at the most.

It was not more dangerous then drunk driving. it was stupid but not drunk driving.

I'm not stripping her of her rights but the courts should and she should be charged just like anyother citizen for reckless endangerment.

Whats a mistermeaner?
You are a kid on your daddies account aren't you? That said...I can forgive your naivete.
edit on 12-7-2011 by whaaa because: black code 43

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What happens with a DWI?

I'm not stripping her of her rights but the courts should and she should be charged just like anyother citizen for reckless endangerment.

Whats a mistermeaner?
You are a kid on your daddies account aren't you?

hear let me help you out kid'o

en.wikipedia.org...

looks like you still have some learning to do about the world if you dont know what a misdemeanor is.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Oh I know in Florida you can be charged for brandishing a weapon and im sure threatning too.

I would not doubt it if she loses her right to carry anymore. The only thing I think may save her is the fact that she is in legislature and needs to be protected. Im sure she will get a fine and a guaranteed butt chewing by her bosses , the local P.D. and the FEDS.

I am all for gun rights but really this is just plain ignorant on her part and I think she needs to be made to take a few more classes in Gun safety. Guns should never ever be pointed at someone unless to stop them in their tracks for good.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Sky watcher because: added comments

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What happens with a DWI?

Whats a mistermeaner?

en.wikipedia.org...

looks like you still have some learning to do about the world if you dont know what a misdemeanor is.

I know what a mistermeaner
is. But what that dumb **** did[pointing a gun at someone's chest] was a felony. Or should I say Fellonknee.

crime.about.com...
edit on 12-7-2011 by whaaa because: I can't stop laughing!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What happens with a DWI?

Whats a mistermeaner?

en.wikipedia.org...

I know what a mistermeaner
is. But what that dumb **** did[pointing a gun at someone's chest] was a felony. Or should I say Fellonknee.

crime.about.com...
edit on 12-7-2011 by whaaa because: I can't stop laughing!

haha your a funny guy. you cant argue a point so you resort to belittling and making fun of people because they misspell a word. real classy. you dont disserve your “gold” contributor status.

yes it was dumb to point a gun at someone but im not going to get anywere with you on this one. just more joke on me

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join