It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Figure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
About 30 years ago I traveled to Barbados on vacation for two weeks with my family. We stayed at a real nice resort, high-rise, beach, pools, restaurants, etc.

The first night there, a little while after I had gone to sleep, I was woken up… by nothing in particular. The room was pitch black. I sat up in my bed and looked toward the door and could clearly see light coming through the side and bottom of the door. No big deal… just the light from the hallway right?

I watched in silence as the door slowly swung open. What appeared to be standing in the doorway was a tall cloaked shadow figure. The image was very hazy as if the figure was standing in a fog bank. No discernable features just a black hazy human figure and a white foggy background. The figure stood there and looked at me for a moment and then the door slowly closed. The room was pitch black again with no light to speak of coming from under the door.

The figure did not give me a sense of being threatening or scary at all. Just there… just curious.

I didn’t know if it was real or if it was a dream.

The very next night the figure appeared once again, in the same exact fashion it appeared to me on the previous night… and it continued to appear in that way every night following for the entire two weeks that I was there.
I never spoke a word of it to anyone.

About two months later, my family and I were having dinner together. We were enjoying some general chit chat and reminiscing about the vacation to Barbados when my father said: “The only strange thing is that I had the same reoccurring dream every night we were there.” I was slightly shocked to hear him say this, and so I asked him: “Really dad? What was your dream about?” And he described his reoccurring dream as being visited by a tall black figure every night for a minute or so. The same exact experience that I had. I was floored. There is no way he could have known about this. The fact that he and I shared the same experience gave me validation that it was something real.

To this day he and I sometimes talk about the shared experience. Neither of us knows why the figure visited us. I remember feeling a lot of spiritual energy while I was there on the island. I don’t know if that could be related to the event or not.

Any questions, similar events, comments or insight on this is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
nice storie no pics it didnt happen, thats the replies you guna get pal

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Ah, that's right. I've seen enough of that going around so I should know better. Let's see... 30 years ago... now where did I put that Kodac Disc camera. I wonder if the film is still good... hmmmm.. Oh wait! my cell phone camera... nope, cell phones weren't invented yet...

Oh well. I posted this really because I thought it was an interesting story that someone might enjoy reading or could relate too.

Otherwise, please disregard the post.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No one's going to ask for proof of anything. You're not trying to make people believe what you saw was real, right? You're just looking for some insight? So yeah, no proof required.

Anyways..

Investigations into the paranormal have become very popular in the last decade. Have you tried researching the hotel you stayed at? It may have a history of hauntings. Do you recall the name of it? One idea that comes to mind, is that it could be possible that the shadow figure was a victim of a murder in the hotel, and that it watches over the guests at night. Perhaps it could have been a male, and that's why it took interest in you and your father.
edit on 8-7-2011 by MrFake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

sounds like another case of the shadow people

www.shadowpeople.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From what i gather they just like to watch take notes and dissapear and report back to there source ... harmless

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFake

Right... I just wanted to share the story. I don't need to prove it to anyone, I know what I experienced. I simply thought perhaps others could relate, share similar stories. I do often times think about it and wonder if it's a reocurring theme at that particular hotel. Good idea, that I could do a bit of research to see if it has a history.

It was just a very long time ago, and in another country so it never occurred to me to look into it.

Thanks, all good suggestions.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Ah, thanks for the link. I didn't know there was already something about it out there

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

my post wasnt ment to offend you or anything and if i did i apologise, its what i see alot of on here everyone want proof

i have an open mind and its a personal experience and only you no what you seen, i wouldnt take the mick for it i have had things happen to me i cant explain altho i havent had anything like this i still get odd looks if you tell anyone

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

It's okay Gremlin. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting story indeed, thanks for sharing.
As a side note:
I hate it when some people say: "No picture, it didn't happen." I don't go ghost hunting, so I don't carry a camera on me at all times.And not all of us have a camera charged and turned on, and ready on our bedside table, in case something happens.

I think the greatest proof to you was that your dad had reoccuring dreams of what you experienced. It's the best proof you could ever have.
I think you should do a little search here at ATS about shadow people, there are quite a few threads about it.

Speaking from my own experience, I think they are something different than 'normal' spirits. When I see or sense a spirit I get a kind of vibe from them that I'm used to by now. But when I saw shadow people a few years ago, I got a different vibe off of them, it was deff. different. As if they were some other type of being altogether.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Thanks! I've never had other experiences like that, not before and not since so I have nothing to compare it too. But when you say you get a feeling from them like they are some other type of being all together? That makes sense to me because I do not remember feeling scared at all. You would think as a kid seeing something like that would be pretty scary... but it wasn't. It was just like a feeling of being curious and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I was about 14 years old and living in far western Kentucky when I encountered something like this. I woke up around 4:30-ish in the morning for no apparent reason. The room was pretty dark but I could definitely spot the silhouette of a man of average height standing at the bottom end of my bed. I was at the point where I was ready to freak out but I kept calm and just continued staring at it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things; and I guarantee this was no figment of my imagination. I closed my eyes for a second and opened them up only to realize the figure had disappeared. The floor in my old house was VERY noisy and would creak at the slightest movement- yet I had not heard a single noise indicating someone in my family was up and about. My brother's door was shut and locked like always and both of my parents were still sleeping in their bedroom on the other side of the house. I even asked my mom that morning if anyone came in my room and she looked confused as if she was completely clueless why I was even asking.

I know this wasn't a hallucination. I've had frequently recurring sleep paralysis for five years now. Many people get vivid visual hallucinations with this while they're paralyzed but I have NEVER had a visual hallucination- and I've had several thousand instances of sleep paralysis. I only ever get auditory ones.

Another similar experience was in that same house. I don't remember when exactly it happened but it was probably within a year of the first "shadow figure" encounter...

We made the upstairs master bedroom a living room when we moved into that house and so the main TV was up there. This was when we still had cable and had to read through a TV Guide to know what would come on. I woke up earlier than usual and decided I wanted to watch something interesting until everyone else got up. I began walking up the stairs. About a third of the way up, I saw the silhouette of a person racing across the wall directly ahead of me. It wasn't just walking- it was SPRINTING past. I still have no explanation for this as I looked around and didn't find anyone up in the house. Nobody was in our yard, either.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I wish we all had a camera built into our eyes so every second was recorded ... just in case something like this happens...

Pretty awesome story, sir

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi, I created this account just so I can reply to your post. English is my second language I will explain this as good as I can.

I had similar experience with a shadow figure three years ago. I was in my house in my room using computer, I forgot if it was day or night. The door way is facing me at right side of me and is opened wide. The shadow figure I saw was with my side vision, my both eyes are looking straight at the monitor. What I saw was seemed like a person standing behind the wall of the doorway and peeking at me with its only head and shoulder visible. When I tried to turn at the right to look what was it, it disappeared very very fast like it was hiding, not like I turned and nothing is there.

The time frame I experience with the shadow figure is after weeks ago of my personal awakening of how the world is not what I've always perceived to be and also feel more spiritual connected.

That incident is the most obvious. From my experience the shadow figure seemed to roam around in day time also.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Interesting and thanks for sharing.

Similar to your experience, I don't recall hearing any noises either. In fact, it was too quiet, if you know what I mean. I also have sleep paralysis but I don't have hallucinations even close to that.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pingpet

Based on your experience do you think this figure was just being curious? Did you get any other feelings about it? any energy?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I felt no threat and fear but did have feeling that the figure was curious, as for energy I didnt felt anything special.

It almost felt like a kid playing with me peeking from the doorway, but the figure is not in kid's heights, more like an adult shadow figure.
edit on 8-7-2011 by pingpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Awww, he likes you guys. I used to get regular visits but the ones that visit me try to make me pass out. I don't sleep enough and sometimes they get impatient and try to mesmerize me. When that didn't work out for him one night he picked me up and flipped me around while I was paralyzed. They seem to be interested in us when we are in a "sleep" state. Maybe you try to communicate with this one.

new topics

top topics

join