It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Use To Consider Myself As A Brainwashing Sheep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hello, I am a high school student. I decided to join this website to think more critically about the world. Ever since my freshmen year, I begin to realize almost everything I learn or see on the news is either a lie or it doesn't give the full truth. I used to think Christopher Columbus was the first person to discover America. I used to think that the US textbook had every true detail of WWI and WWII. I'm also having doubts about the holocaust. I'm not saying it never happened, but some details don't seem to add up correctly. Sometimes I even think our bill of rights is flawed, not our basic rights, just the justice aspect of it.

News stations like: Fox, NBC, and ABC can sometimes be annoying to watch. I try not to believe everything they say. When the newscasters were saying the H1N1 was spreading, I believed it at first. Until I noticed that they were trying to convince a lot of people to get vaccines and BLAH BLAH BLAH, I figured it was a fluke.

I also believe some social networks(like Twitter, Facebook and Myspace) and current devices (such as: Iphones, game consoles, Ipods) can be black holes of society. It's nice to connect with friends and share information faster most of the time. However, some people, especially myself, gets easily distracted by these social networks. It can affect my grades, my outlook on life and relationship with my parents.

Anyways, I want your opinion about what do you think makes us brainwashing sheeps?
I know I did this introduction poorly, yet, I do promise to improve my future threads once I get use to it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
All of the above and then some...

Welcome to the "awakening" my Friend!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mak88

Well im glad you woke up! I realized I was part of that boat too in high school because I didnt have internet to talk to people about some of the stuff you talk about. Most people would blow me off and what not, so I would forget and get used to it.

This site will teach you alot, hopefully you can sift through some of the content and figure out what is real and not!

Welcome to ATS! Best site on the interwebs!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mak88

Dear young man,

How nice to have you here. Old people are tricky, know this, we get smarter and don't worry about it, be you. Don't look for answers, look for questions. Have interaction, not instruction. Be well.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mak88

Hi mak88, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Doubts about the Holocaust???

This means you secretly hate jews!

Ever hear of the HOLODOMOR

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by mak88

Dear young man,

How nice to have you here. Old people are tricky, know this, we get smarter and don't worry about it, be you. Don't look for answers, look for questions. Have interaction, not instruction. Be well.

Nail on the head .
Welcome to the Jungle we call ATS
Age should not deter your quest
Remember this web site can become addicting to one with an open mind .
Enjoy the ride..
I am 62 by the way....
edit on 8-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add usefull information

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thanks for the comment.

Btw...I just want to clarify that I'm a girl.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

I hope you realize when I say I have doubts about the Holocaust, I'm not saying I hate Jews or even mention anything about Nazis. What I'm saying is that there are many questionable details.
But again, almost every school textbook from every country is different, not just the US. It's really hard to find the real truth about history in general.
-May

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mak88

I personally believe that ATS using words such as "Brain washed sheep" "Sheeple" Is just some half assed attempt to make themselves feel good. It's no different than the guy all high and mighty because he's sorting his recycling and putting the trash and plastic in their proper place.

You should learn something quick. There is about as much critical thinking on this board as you get from your average FOX, MSNBC, ect viewers. Humans are humans, we are not special just because we believe we know something others don't.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

That's a good point. I'm still figuring out where to start. There's just so much to know. If you can give me a few tips that would be nice

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Apathetic nonsense is what you just spewed.
Slowly but surely the masses of the weak pull the few strong ones down into the abyss with them.
Its like trying to save a drowning swimmer without lifegaurd training...

It may not be very effective, using stinky smelly TRUTH over SUGAR, yet it still may be the truth... the truth that some people simply cannot tolerate considering...

For instance... the thought that some of us are smarter then others, faster, stronger, developed quicker and still to this day are light years ahead of people who are supposedly our peers... The sheeple as it pertains to ANIMAL FARM are the one's who chant the party slogan = brainwashed defenders of the status quo = the current order of things.

So, instead of reminding everyone everytime that the majority of people are conditioned, indoctrinated, doped up and dumbed down etc etc et al... it is much easier to simply say "sheeple" and it seems a Duty of sorts to at the very least shun those who display sheeple tendencies...

Tired of the PC nonsense...

No, the person driving a prius shouldnt feel all uppity uppity and look down upon the rest simply because they think they are saving the world by driving a prius yet are they better then the person who understands our energy situation yet who still says screw it and buys a Hummer?

In my book they are and if their only motivation is so they can feel better then the hummer driver.... if the only way we can appeal to them to do something sensible is to appeal to their vanity... so be it... as I more concerned with the deed then the motive.

The sheeple will be moved to new pastures one way or the other, by their own good sense or via tyranny....... We can look on the bright side, at least there is some choice in this unlike most of mankinds "movements" which were more or less forced upon us by mother nature, war and the spectre of famine which always follows...

Sheeple is a good word, is meant to be taken more as a factual statement then a derogatory term and shunning is very VERY effective at changing behavior...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mak88
reply to post by OverMan

I hope you realize when I say I have doubts about the Holocaust, I'm not saying I hate Jews or even mention anything about Nazis. What I'm saying is that there are many questionable details.
But again, almost every school textbook from every country is different, not just the US. It's really hard to find the real truth about history in general.
-May

But of course I realize all this and so much more

You will never "find" the truth.
One day you will "realize" the truth yet never find it in any book, video, forum etc etc.

Someone could show you the truth yet until you are ready.... you will never see it, believe it....

"O lanoo, a second to see, an eternity to believe"...

and it just so happens that I know a very good song which describes all this rather well.... indeed.

Let me know how you like it....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mak88

Dear Miss mak88,

I do apologize for my mistake. I have three daughters myself and tell them all to investigate the world around them and take nothing at face value. Be well.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Feel empowered if you will.

Alienate others.

In the end, if you hate other's because they aren't as 'informed' as you, and to shun them because of it.. You aren't doing them a favor, you're just being a self righteous dick to make yourself feel better.

You can pretend to walk in the shadow world with the NWO at your back, always looking over you. Or you could walk amongst the real world, not assume everything (because ultimately, that's what most people here have is, assumptions) and see the world for what it is.

I remember feeling like I was better than those people. Because I thought I knew better. Do you feel that way? Do you feel like you're winning a battle that only you seem to know about?
People here are no different. Learn that, accept that. You're all running based off emotions. Even though your emotions might lead you to a different conclusion you act in the same manner as all those "sheeple"

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I will take "what people with an inferiority complex tend to fall back on" for $1000 Alex!

Most sheeple are gluttons for punishment and thus I did not expect you would go without a few more bleats...

For a long time it was never my opinion that anyone was better then anyone else yet after 40 years of this diverse adverse life I won't even try to deny now that some people are indeed BETTER then others and in MANY ways.

People like you perpetuate the myth that ALL OF US ARE CREATED AND REMAIN EQUAL which could not be further from the truth.

For instance, if you CLAIM to be an AMERICAN who is not happy about the way things are going? and you do not take the time to do a little research about how things got this way, research the Constitution, research the LAW and its origin in COMMON LAW and the MAGNA CARTA, Research the Federalist and Anti Federalist papers, the declaration of independence etc etc et al.... basically EDUCATE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOUR GOVERNMENT ISNT GOING TO DO IT FOR YOU BUT RATHER FILL YOUR HEAD WITH LIES....

If you are one of these APATHETIC WHINERS then in my opinion you are worthless, are anything but an American and in the words of BF "You deserve neither safety nor liberty" but the chains of your servitude...

You see precious, some of this requires guts... some of it requires mental fortitude as the mass of people are in various levels of DENIAL and RATIONALIZATION concerning just about every issue that we have to deal with.... yet FEW.... FEW if ANY... are actually doing anything about it... and even fewer still are doing anything about it that their .gov did not instruct them to do...

The people who powered through the many levels of denial and rationalization, powered through the pain and grief that we all feel once we come to this place in mind..... They/We are not average, we are not common, we are uncommon, we are above average and some of us have learned to stop feeling bad for those who are EVIDENTLY not our peers...

Do you fix your car when it breaks down or do you defer to a mechanic?
Did you build your house or think it best to allow a carpenter/brick mason or other "qualified" professional?

no need to answer those rhetorical questions...
So,I thought we were all equal? All the same?

Apparently we are not... Apparently some of us are BETTER then others...at least at certain things...

Now, what you will probably never understand is that I know full well that there are people "above" me and they help to motivate me, they gesture to me "come up hither" and I am attempting to oblige them and to take my rightful place...

What do I do most often but attempt to poke and prod others to climb up higher???

This is what you mistake for rudeness...
This is what you mistake for elitism...

Emotions?
Emotions are not my master but I do believe that anger is a gift... thank you brother Malcom...

Stereotype much?

Allow me....
What is your IQ?
Mensa has a decent free online test...
I have heard that IQtest dot com is a decent test as well.

I know that these tests can be culturally bias etc etc yet humor me please?

I test in the 135 to 145 range yet failed my first mensa test with a 139.
Not a genius, not perfect yet damn sure trying and proud of it!

Yeah, it matters as people on the lower end will never be able to understand let alone appreciate the precarious position mankind now finds itself in and will thus be incapable of doing much of anything to affect this their dysfunctional environment for the positive and they will hate those who threaten to expose this fact and/or who are capable of actually changing things for the better...

Apologies as you probably had no clue what you were getting yourself into by attempting to defend Apathy and Mediocrity.

Do you want a shrivelled brown banana or a nice firm yellow one? Again, no need to answer... You elitist yellow firm banana eater you!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

You could have just said.

"Look how much I have to prove"

I'm not going to sit around and argue because you want to feel better about yourself.

Good luck with your paranoia.

top topics

join