It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Imo, It's best not to engage in debate with religious people like Soldier of God ...

No matter how much reason and thought you put in,
It will just end with him accusing you of being a servant of Satan...

Imo, it's best not to engage in a debate with nonreligious people like Atheists...

No matter how much reason and thought you put in,
It will just end with him accusing you of being controlled by the Jews

edit on 7-7-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
reply to post by Dr Expired

I think that a lot of people around here are well read enough to come to the conclusion that JC was just a dude.

Most likely he was the son of J-ulios C-aesar and Cleopatra to maintain their power structure over the sleepy folks.

Then, his likeness got bastardized in the 14 or 15th century by Caesar Borgia.

Wouldn't make sense. If Jesus was just "some dude" who died on the cross, and didn't resurrect 3 days later, than the surge of people who converted into Christianity around that time period wouldn't make sense - nor would the Apostles. Why would the apostles, upon finding out Jesus was just some dude, continue to preach the Word of God and suffer persecution and DEATH, for a lie?

What would they gain?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I am curious.....did Jesus do something to you? Why do you "hate" him for he did not teach hate, he taught love. I am not trying to offend you so please do not answer with hate for me too. I am simply curious.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Why would the apostles, upon finding out Jesus was just some dude, continue to preach the Word of God and suffer persecution and DEATH, for a lie?

Because they were mistaken and didn't recognize it as a lie.

Why would otherwise sensible people in Heaven's Gate kill themselves to get a ride on a comet? They were tragically mistaken but still willing to put their lives on the line for their beliefs. Does their passion for their beliefs automatically make those beliefs true?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have to agree totally with the OP. If anyone on this site says anything remotely relating to christianity or Jesus they immediately get numerous posts following them telling them they are wrong. I dont get this, we are here to discuss opinions and in my country we are allowed to believe what we want. But in here you get nothing but negativity and often even hate filled posts proclaiming how stupid someone is for believing such things. nine times out of ten the "christian" poster wasnt even trying to sway or preach, just making a statement. I have found this to be excessive in numberous posts and have had several discussions with mods over it, but it appears this is the way it will be. I have no issue with open discussion and I'm very open minded about peoples religious views but there are many here that take it too far. And YES it only appears to be happening to christians.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

" controlled by the jews " ??? what the < cencored > , where did that nugget of twaddle spring from ?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Last time I checked responding to an opinion with another opinion is the very basis of this website.

Apparently, when it comes to Christians though, others aren't supposed to respond negatively.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Why would the apostles, upon finding out Jesus was just some dude, continue to preach the Word of God and suffer persecution and DEATH, for a lie?

What would they gain?

The "apostles" were characters written in a book 500 years later by some dudes.

The Vatican is POWER + MONEY, tax free money, I guess the religious compartmentalization worked eh?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Without getting mad and being defensive would you mind answering these three simple questions?

I am curious to know your answers.....

1. How do you know for sure, without a doubt, Jesus is NOT the Saviour as he claimed to "be coming back as he was going to prepare a place"?

2. Is it in your best interest to believe a "fairy tale", unlike Santa Claus who never claimed to be the Son of God?

3. What do you have to lose by believing (without calling yourself a Christian)?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Wouldn't make sense. If Jesus was just "some dude" who died on the cross, and didn't resurrect 3 days later, than the surge of people who converted into Christianity around that time period wouldn't make sense - nor would the Apostles. Why would the apostles, upon finding out Jesus was just some dude, continue to preach the Word of God and suffer persecution and DEATH, for a lie?

Maybe the same reason people preach what David Icke says.
Or David Koresh.
What about all those who venerate Mohammed and his teachings? He was just some dude wasn't he?

What would they gain?

Well it's pretty damn obvious isn't it, exactly the same as you.....a place in heaven.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Reason and thought? Seriously is copying the last poster the best you have? How is quoting the bible 'reason and thought' when it's the authenticity and truthfulness of the bible that is in question? How ridiculous.

If you don't like talking or arguing with 'atheists' stop starting threads or posts that deliberately pick fights with them then cry and whinge and moan when those atheists actually respond.

Bloody ridiculous tactics by the Christians.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

The Vatican is NOT Jesus...lol come on now. You are reaching.

The Topic is about hating Jesus.

or so.....i thought.

If you guys wanna come running to show hate for Jesus then by all means tell me what HE did....not what Religion has done, did, or will forever do. He didn't say everyone run out and start the Vatican and lets have a dogmatic religion of our own and he never did preach about the Catholics nor about the Vatican.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Honestly, I doubt he existed......I feel he was just a story-tale tool for the Vatican, Romans, Pharoah, Crown, whatever you want to call them they change with the time.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
But in here you get nothing but negativity and often even hate filled posts proclaiming how stupid someone is for believing such things.

Sorry, but I think the scenario you describe is quite rare and is definitely not the norm. Some people are unpleasant sometimes, but it's often a reaction to the conversation, not the religion.

I think it's more likely the case that christians come to ATS and find, possibly for the first time, people willing to challenge their theology. This is often incorrectly misinterpreted as "hate".

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Any reason you stopped our nice discussion on the other thread?

Why would otherwise sensible people in Heaven's Gate kill themselves to get a ride on a comet? They were tragically mistaken but still willing to put their lives on the line for their beliefs. Does their passion for their beliefs automatically make those beliefs true?

Lots of people are willing to put their lives on the line for their beliefs. Ain't USA fighting about 4 wars now, on the grounds of the belief on the American Exceptionalism Myth? Although you are right that passion for beliefs do not automatically make those beliefs true, you must admit to two things:

* Those people believed those things to be true. Whatever you think of the fact themselves, you simply do not have the same level of commitment from people that are not sure of their beliefs.

* Those people were not talking about events that happened thousands of years ago, like we are. They were talking about events that happened during their own lifetimes, and consequentially during the lifetime of their opposers. Although you will find people opposing them for a multitude of reasons, no one ever opposed them for the most basic reason that those events never happened, that we have a record of.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Because the foundation on which Jesus Christ lies is the catholic and christian churches, which have been proven to be obstacles in mankind development and also responsible of millions of deaths since its beginnings. Therefore, if such a being exists it wouldn't allow its main followers and the people that represent and spread the BS, murder people and be extremely rich for thousands of years. I dont think that your GOD has a right not to be ridicule. I dont see he's glory and justice anywhere do you?

And all the man made "GODS" should show up and try to do something about what is unfolding in this world if they exists. which sadly for you, hallucinating people will never happen.

If religion didn't exist the world will be a much better place. Imagine all the time being wasted worshiping GODS..

For instance, Galileo said that the earth wasn't flat but the church killed him because he didn't want to take his words back. and then many years after the church proclaimed that the earth was indeed round in shape. how funny!

2cents

Instead of complaining about nonsense OP do some research on how Jesus Christ is a deception to the human race with the rest of the idiots that were proclaimed GODS. UTTER BS

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Without getting mad and being defensive would you mind answering these three simple questions?

I am curious to know your answers.....

1. How do you know for sure, without a doubt, Jesus is NOT the Saviour as he claimed to "be coming back as he was going to prepare a place"?

There are several ways, actually.

2. Is it in your best interest to believe a "fairy tale", unlike Santa Claus who never claimed to be the Son of God?

I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to believe in fairy tales.

3. What do you have to lose by believing (without calling yourself a Christian)?

All the time devoted to it

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

So when Muhammed spoke of Jesus and the love he had for him he too was making it up. Look......all I want to know from the "atheist" is this.... what this topic is supposed to be about.

Why do you have hate for JESUS (not Christianity)?
AND
What doYOU have to lose by not believeing (thats all Jesus said you HAD to do)?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I personally have a issue with the Christian movement of the last 2000 years.

It was and is about politics and not about spirituality or belief.

We living at this time period have no real idea of who this man really was and what his philosophy and thinking was.

I DO believe he existed and walked among the people much like Buddha,Confucius,and those others that have lived among us and influence people on their thinking.

The Nicea councils and tossing out books of the bible and all the other polices have turned me off.

I seek answers to my questions of life and our past and future on my own.

But,I do believe in a unified force that some call God.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm sorry, did you just refer to another character in another book written long before you appeared?

Yes, yes you did.

And who are you calling an atheist, me?

I hope not

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join