It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthqauke Volcano Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
7.8 Earthquake, Kermadec Islands & 9 other EQ's 5 mag and up! Is this a sign of volcanos to errupt?

www.quakes.globalincidentmap.com

This is the most recent near New Zealand quakes.globalincidentmap.com... look yourself. This website seems to give me better data then usgs but they seem to be using data from usgs. USGS also doesnt show earthqauke activity in Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park.

I Noticed this first near Chile were the last 6.5 EQ occured June 20/11 across from that in Argentina I noticed an odd patch of EQ's 8 or 9 all Mag 5+ was very very odd I been checking on earthquake activity all year & this was strange, thoughts came to my head maybe a volcano is releasing pressure

Ash from the Puyehue volcano in Chile covers a ski resort in Argentina and spectacular electrical storms light up the Puyehue-Cordón Caulle range after the long-dormant volcano erupted at the weekend, belching an ash cloud more than six miles high over the Andes

Here are some great pictures
www.guardian.co.uk...

Next I noticed this in Alaska, Fox Islands about last week or so this time I had witnessed over 15 in the region shorty after 7.2 - FOX ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA Friday, June 24, 2011 so I searched Aleutian Islans & so I find there are a chain of more than 300 small volcanic islands, forming part of the Aleutian Arc in the Northern Pacific Ocean.

Mt. Kiska is located on the Aleutian Chain and had it's most recent eruption in 1990, Fox Islands have 12 volcanos

anyway there are 3 spots I noticed around the ring of fire that seem to be giving off the signs of volcano activity let me know if you think Im on to something or if this might be a sign of more to come. Thanks
edit on 6-7-2011 by BasedGod because: website link failure needed to be corrected

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
there are multiple quakes every single day

you might want to reverse your U and A

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would say there is no connection
unless a quake occurred near a volcano

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There are always far more obvious signs that a volcano is about to erupt other than earthquakes.

Why don't you research what those are and if any of those are happening and then answer your own question. A volcanic eruption will never happen with the only sign being an earthquake.

Eruptions can happen without earthquakes so those are never a good indication of what's happening with the magma and gas build up.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

thats what Im trying to state sorry for not succeeding

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thanks, Sure found my answer.

Seismic activity (earthquakes and tremors) always occurs as volcanoes awaken and prepare to erupt and are a very important link to eruptions. Some volcanoes normally have continuing low-level seismic activity, but an increase may signal a greater likelihood of an eruption. The types of earthquakes that occur and where they start and end are also key signs. Volcanic seismicity has three major forms: short-period earthquake, long-period earthquake, and harmonic tremor.

Short-period earthquakes are like normal fault-generated earthquakes. They are caused by the fracturing of brittle rock as magma forces its way upward. These short-period earthquakes signify the growth of a magma body near the surface and are known as 'A' waves. These type of seismic events are often also referred to as Volcano-Tectonic (or VT) events or earthquakes.

Long-period earthquakes are believed to indicate increased gas pressure in a volcano's plumbing system. They are similar to the clanging sometimes heard in a house's plumbing system, which is known as "water hammer". These oscillations are the equivalent of acoustic vibrations in a chamber, in the context of magma chambers within the volcanic dome and are known as 'B' waves. These are also known as resonance waves and long period resonance events.

Harmonic tremors are often the result of magma pushing against the overlying rock below the surface. They can sometimes be strong enough to be felt as humming or buzzing by people and animals, hence the name.

Patterns of seismicity are complex and often difficult to interpret; however, increasing seismic activity is a good indicator of increasing eruption risk, especially if long-period events become dominant and episodes of harmonic tremor appear.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BasedGod

Also look for ground swelling, temperature, changes in gas emissions from the area. Lots of signs of volcano's blowing up.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Kermadec Islands region New Zealand has had 23 EQ all around 5 magnitude except the 7.8 Wednesday July 6 2011, after that it has been a little active I read a article July 5, 2011 scientists warn volcanoes in Australia are due to erupt, my guess there right.

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BasedGod

Three spots around - allow me to emphasize - THE RING OF FIRE that seem to be showing signs of volcanic activity? Why... you don't say!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yes I agree with you the "Ring of Fire" has long been the most volatile region in the world. It accounts for 90 percent of all earthquakes. but the enviromental impact of volcanos can ozone depletion & much damage. Some of Recent devastating earthquakes: May 2008—a 7.9-magnitude quake struck China, killing 69,000 people. Then came the January 2010 Haitian earthquake that destroyed much of the capital city and killed about 230,000, occurring on a fault line never before detected. There was also the immense and destructive 8.8-magnitude Chilean quake in February 2010 the fifth largest since 1900.

There is a growing sense that volcanic activity and the quaking shifts of the massive tectonic plates of the Earth are interconnected around the planet. When an earthquake or eruption occurs in one part of the planet, it is followed by an eruption or quake in another part.

Volcanoes are related to earthquake both geologically and in scripture. Their forces are shared and their effects are similar, with the devastation of both beyond comparison to anything in nature. When earthquakes are mentioned in prophecy, volcanoes are sometimes referenced.

A volcano is a crack, or vent, in the surface of the earth—its crust. Beneath the crack is a cavity. Over time, melted rock—magma—fills this area, called a magma chamber or reservoir, and causes pressure to build. The volcano, which may form over thousands of years or very suddenly, then becomes a path for magma to push its way to the surface. An eruption is the releasing of pressure, sometimes on the opposite side of the planet.

Scientists state that over 3,000 volcanoes have erupted in just the last 50 years. Around 50 to 70 are active each year. Some are slowly spewing lava, while others are quietly building, or rebuilding, pressure. Actually, if a volcano is leaking slowly, it is considered “safe.” The danger arises when pressure builds enough to erupt violently. Depending on internal construction, eruptions vary from slow flows to massive explosions

Western Mediterranean Sea, Italy EQ 5.3 depth 5.9km Thursday July 7 2011 today.

Edgar Cayce predicted that when we see noticeable eruptions in the long-quiet volcanoes of Vesuvius or Pelee, then three months later there will major earthquakes along the southern coast of California that will cause an inundation of the land from the Salt Lake in Utah to the southern portions of Nevada.

Mt. Vesuvius is the infamous volcano that destroyed the ancient city of Pompeii in 79 A.D. It is located east of Naples, Italy. It is considered to be one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world. Mt. Pelee is in an island arc of the Caribbean called Martinique, in the Lesser Antilles between Puerto Rico and Venezuela. In 1902 the explosion of this volcano was one of the worst in recorded history. It is near the city of St. Pierre, which was destroyed in the 1902 eruption, and then rebuilt. Pelee erupted again from 1929 to 1932. It is among the deadliest volcanoes on the planet.

top topics

join