It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does calling a cop a NAZI equal lawful arrest?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Heres the video, Ill let you decide for yourself...

Personally I think under the constitution he can say anything he likes... He demands the cops get off his property and they just stay put, and smile...

I must admit though, this guy was cracking me up the whole time...

Personally I think its a bogus charge, but I am no student of the "law"... But I agree with what the gentleman says, the constitution is(should be) the only law of the land

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Freedom of Speech.....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Arrest in this case should be illegal. They probably arrested the person on some other bs charge.

I guess cops don't like hearing the truth. Maybe if they stopped lying to citizens to gain cooperation they wouldn't have so many people lying to them. Maybe, lead by example.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wikipedia-

Almost every state in the United States has a disorderly conduct law that makes it a crime to be drunk in public, to "disturb the peace", or to loiter in certain areas. Many types of unruly conduct may fit the definition of disorderly conduct, as such statutes are often used as "catch-all" crimes. Police may use a disorderly conduct charge to keep the peace when people are behaving in a disruptive manner to themselves or others, but present no serious public danger. Disorderly conduct is typically classified as a violation or misdemeanor.

With that said, I think it requires a the perpetrator be in a public place.

The telephone tough guy here, our constitutional hero lol, need only shut his front door.

Cops can do nothing!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yes, they can. Disturbing the peace, slander, just to name a couple. You cant just call someone a nazi anymore than you can call someone a ni***r. The idiot with camera just wanted to cause a scene, and got scared when they confronted him on it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
the guy is a douche, get over it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

But you could call them a bunny or an alien and probably not catch any crap for it?

That would be slander as well...

Pretty sure the supreme court ruled cops need to have a thick skin when they are on duty...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Yes, they can. Disturbing the peace, slander, just to name a couple. You cant just call someone a nazi anymore than you can call someone a ni***r. The idiot with camera just wanted to cause a scene, and got scared when they confronted him on it.

He didn't seem scared to me, he seemed to understand his rights. This is a case where the officers should have just shrugged it off and let the guy go about his day as long as he didn't start disturbing his neighbors. To me it seems like overly sensitive cops.

ETA: overly sensitive cops with nothing better to do. Maybe they have a police force that is too large. When there is nothing for most of the officers to do because of low crime rates some should be laid off. I say start with those two.
edit on 6-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Slander is civil and not criminal. Disturbing the peace also requires a public place.

The guy with the camera is a jackass, and needs a beetling, but not from the good guys.

edit on 6-7-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

he's causing a scene to prove that our freedom is non-existant.

he should be able to create said scene without obstruction of his FREEDOM.

THIS PROVES WE AREN'T FREE.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It is completely legal to call someone either of those words.

Whoever you might call those names can drag you through a civil trial if they want to sue you for slander.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

By engaging them all the way across the street while they are engaged in a traffic stop, he is being disorderly and disturbing the peace. Get over it, the guy was in the wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

he's causing a scene to prove that our freedom is non-existant.

he should be able to create said scene without obstruction of his FREEDOM.

THIS PROVES WE AREN'T FREE.

If this guy in the video wants to play the idiot and express his political views, let him make his 20 posts first, just like the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This guy cracked me up !
He had to be on something!
Freedom of speech yes ..disorderly conduct no .
All he had to do was shut his door and his mouth ..which he let overload his rear .!
Not real swift in my opinion..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

I know right...

I thought he was gonna close his garage door, but im guessing with the camera in hand, it hindered his ability to do so...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

See this would have been a bad idea, he was in his garage. If he had attempted to close the garage door they probably would have broken his door in and arrested him for evasion, which is a felony.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Just prepend "In my opinion..." to the statement and should cover your behind.

That way it shows what you personally think, not necessarily fact.

It has served me well.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You really don't need to call the cop a Nazi. This works just as well:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

See this would have been a bad idea, he was in his garage. If he had attempted to close the garage door they probably would have broken his door in and arrested him for evasion, which is a felony.
If they want to arrest you, they will.

You can be picked up on the street at any time. They can hold you for 48 hours if they feel like it. If you get out and a retain a lawyer, he can ask, "Why were you holding my client?" All the police have to do is produce a book of mug shots, point to a photo ( it doesn't even have to look much like you, just resemble you), and say "we thought that the was this guy that is wanted for a crime".

They can screw with you if they don't like you, and there is not a lot that you can do about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Do I need to bring up the reasons that everybody hates TSA? Yes, apparently I do. Nobody likes TSA because they touch people in places that people don't want to be touched. In this video you see a 'TSA' move by the cop on the woman followed by the man across the street calling them what he did. Remember, that if a cop touches your wife or your daughters boobs and the man across the street calls them Nazi's he is a jerk and is going to prison for it. Freedom of speech only exists when you are told that it exists, so shut your mouth bend over and take it.
edit on 6-7-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join