It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi all....new member..long time lurker.....been thinking this for some time now.

Has anyone considered that Elenin may be an out lying member of an approaching Oort cloud and the gravitational effects are from the Oort clouds owner....a dark star ?

I doubt we have gone through direct or near cyclical encounters with an actual star in the past because the effects would be too destructive...no one would survive to write about it (IE the Mayans) but a close brush by of a passing Oort cloud could be bad but not always so bad as to destroy everything.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i'll say it again.......Objects in outer space have NO effect on our planet.

www.2012hoax.org...

www.etsu.edu...

here's some info outside the realm of the "experts" on ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

This is my 1st post on this site although I've been tracking threads on the site for a while without actually registering to post, what I found was that if you check the JPL data (which can be reduced to hourly data by the way) I see the alignment with Saturn as being on the 5th of July anyway and not the 7th.
Just wondering if anyone else sees it this way as well?
To check yourself simply line up Elenin on the yellow line by making Elenin the central point then switch the central point to Saturn. They line up closer on the 5th than the 7th in my opinion and you can tweak it hourly on that date to get the best line up.

Earth does not line up anyway so anyone saying the earthquake was caused by Elenin due to alignment are in my opinion wrong based on this fact alone.

I've read this entire thread and the argument about the date (of the earthquake) and the cause of the earthquake being linked to elenin due to alignment is redundant in my opinion because...

A) there is no line up with Earth on this date and...
B) if anything was going to happen it would have been on the 5th anyway when they align better in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrghoulardi

Has anyone considered that Elenin may be an out lying member of an approaching Oort cloud and the gravitational effects are from the Oort clouds owner....a dark star ?

Has anyone considered that Elenin might just be a fairly inconsequential comet and that youtube isn't the font of all knowledge?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by phantomjack

I'm fairly sure the fact there have been 50 6.5 or higher earthquakes at that location in the past 38 years debunks this nicely. Has Elenin been here 50 times in the last 38 years?

Nothing but fear mongering I'm afraid.

A person spending their lives in fear of natural events takes us back to the Dark Ages. This Elenin hysteria has reached the point of absurd.

Yes, but how many of those in the past 50 years were predicted, in advance, to be accurate to the day? And, lets make it 7.5 and higher, please, since the last two (japan and this one) were much larger than an average 6.5 quake.

I would like to be able to predict the lottery with such accuracy...wouldn't you?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper25

But they do have a very observable effect on ATS members

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Yes, but how many of those in the past 50 years were predicted, in advance, to be accurate to the day?

Where was this specific earthquake predicted?

You're falling for the scam merchants.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I have recalculated using the proper numbers. So, if a brown dwarf were in the position of Elenin during the Japan quake it would be exerting 6.9404303076831E+19 pounds of force on the Earth. That is roughly the same amount of force that the Moon exerts every day on the Earth and it does not cause earthquakes.

With all due respect, that is 6.94E+19 MORE force on earth. The operative here is MORE.

And now you are going to argue that the gravitational forces of the moon on earth are negligible? Do we need to even go there?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Read the beginning of the thread to this point. You will find your answers.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Its funny that none of these predictions seem to have any dates suggesting they were made ahead of time.

looks like a bunch of monday-morning-quarterbacking to me.

If one can predict the future, then that means that all of existence has already happened and we're already dead anyways.

So why bother?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Let me ask, if we have the cumulative effect of two moons affecting the Earth, why have the tides not changed? One thing the Moon has been conclusively connected to is the tides on Earth. Yet, last time I checked high tide and low tide occurred when predicted and they weren't any more extreme than usual. So, how is a celestial object affecting something that there is no proof celestial objects have an impact on (earthquakes) while not affecting those things we know celestial objects have an effect on (tides)?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You guys know an object in space, especially a comet, isn't going to effect the movement of tectonic plates on the earth. It's been well established that earthquakes CANNOT be predicted. Stop with this arrogance that you people know more about these things then experts.

And just we're all clear, there are planet alignments every year, there always has been. And they don't effect our planet whatsoever. The one in 2012 is a normal conjunction that happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Please remove your heads from your ***
edit on 7-7-2011 by marinesniper25 because: more info

edit on 7-7-2011 by marinesniper25 because: s

Assuming it is a comet is an "iffy" assumption. That speculation is part of this thread.

Correct, we can not predict earthquakes. But this 7/7 and the 3/11 quake WERE predicted based on the alignment of ELE and other planets.

And since we never met, what puts you in a position to think you know what I know? Or what I don't know for that matter?

So I guess we will just have to wait for the next alignment event and then we will know, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

www.2012hoax.org...

www.etsu.edu...

You know, you are pretty assertive for being such a new member here (welcome by the way).

Though, one could argue that you are a plant for the MSM and are here just to create havoc and draw off the attention of others here.

There are a lot of things that have never happened before, friend. Doesn't mean that they can't happen.

Again, you are basing your supposition on the fact that ELE is a comet. Great. But what if it is a dwarf star?

And secondly, while I dont presume to know everything, I also admit that I could be wrong. For a summary, read the thread from the beginning, which I am sure you have not, to understand my position.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You guys know an object in space, especially a comet, isn't going to effect the movement of tectonic plates on the earth. It's been well established that earthquakes CANNOT be predicted. Stop with this arrogance that you people know more about these things then experts.

And just we're all clear, there are planet alignments every year, there always has been. And they don't effect our planet whatsoever. The one in 2012 is a normal conjunction that happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Please remove your heads from your ***

Assuming it is a comet is an "iffy" assumption. That speculation is part of this thread.

Correct, we can not predict earthquakes. But this 7/7 and the 3/11 quake WERE predicted based on the alignment of ELE and other planets.

And since we never met, what puts you in a position to think you know what I know? Or what I don't know for that matter?

So I guess we will just have to wait for the next alignment event and then we will know, right?

What you know is irrelevant compared to geological experts who spend their lives researching the topic and releasing papers on their findings. Nothing, from a legitimate source, has EVER been released stating alignments effect the movements of the earths plates citing COLD HARD FACTS.

That seems to be one thing missing from all these pseudo-science posts, COLD HARD FACTS. Nothing in relation to Nibiru, predictions, end of the world, comets or interstellar bodies causing earthquakes, has ever been released. How can you expect anyone believe the claims of individuals who have no background on the subject? You have to admit that a lot of the people who frequent this site and make these posts are gullible and easily swayed by pseudo science, anything that makes them think their lives are about to get interesting (for better or worse) in the near future.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bonnieprince

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Let me ask, if we have the cumulative effect of two moons affecting the Earth, why have the tides not changed? One thing the Moon has been conclusively connected to is the tides on Earth. Yet, last time I checked high tide and low tide occurred when predicted and they weren't any more extreme than usual. So, how is a celestial object affecting something that there is no proof celestial objects have an impact on (earthquakes) while not affecting those things we know celestial objects have an effect on (tides)?

A very respectable question...

As one poster already pointed out, the gravitational effect of the moon is much greater than that of this object. Therefore, its effects would be much greater.

I think the answer might have something to do with magnetism and the magnetosphere, more so than gravity, and its effects on the plates.

But, one can't discount what we saw on Saturn yesterday either. What caused that storm? Little old Elenin? Or just a random storm of the likes we have never seen before on Saturn?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

www.2012hoax.org...

www.etsu.edu...

You know, you are pretty assertive for being such a new member here (welcome by the way).

Though, one could argue that you are a plant for the MSM and are here just to create havoc and draw off the attention of others here.

There are a lot of things that have never happened before, friend. Doesn't mean that they can't happen.

Again, you are basing your supposition on the fact that ELE is a comet. Great. But what if it is a dwarf star?

And secondly, while I dont presume to know everything, I also admit that I could be wrong. For a summary, read the thread from the beginning, which I am sure you have not, to understand my position.

Thanks, long time lurker.

Plant for the MSM?! O come on now you're giving me too much credit lol. I'm a long time lurker and I finally felt the urge to say something. Theirs too many people snowballing on top of the OP's post without enough people refuting it. I'm completely open for information to sway me in either direction on a subject, on this one though it seems the book was opened and shut some time ago. You think scientists in this field would have, at some point, gatthered all the information relevant to quakes and compared it to other variables to see if they COULD be predicted. You'd think that would have been one of the first things on the list in that field as it could save the lives of hundreds of thousands.
edit on 7-7-2011 by marinesniper25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper25

If you ever find Cold Hard Facts please tell us. You will never find facts. Did we see facts about 911, Gulf Oil Spill, JFK assasination, JFK jr, MLK? BTW what is Cold hard facts? They are fantasy and illusions. Who do you want to show you Cold Hard Facts? The Gov? Do you think the Gov is going to allow anyone to reveal the truth about anything? Look at Tesla. Look at the free energy the Elites use in flying their space ships. Do you believe they will tell you the Cold Hard Facts?

Peace to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

What you know is irrelevant compared to geological experts who spend their lives researching the topic and releasing papers on their findings. Nothing, from a legitimate source, has EVER been released stating alignments effect the movements of the earths plates citing COLD HARD FACTS.

That seems to be one thing missing from all these pseudo-science posts, COLD HARD FACTS. Nothing in relation to Nibiru, predictions, end of the world, comets or interstellar bodies causing earthquakes, has ever been released. How can you expect anyone believe the claims of individuals who have no background on the subject? You have to admit that a lot of the people who frequent this site and make these posts are gullible and easily swayed by pseudo science, anything that makes them think their lives are about to get interesting (for better or worse) in the near future.

I think the question was, how do you know what I dont know? And, I think I answered it accordingly. Maybe I am a geological expert? Would it make a difference anyway?

It appears that I do have more knowledge on the subject than most, as I have spent the last 8 months watching the Elenin news and events. But beyond that, I am a chemist. I am an astronomer. I am a scientist with many different strengths and knowledge. I am a self proclaimed expert. So now what? Does it really make a difference?

Something with a 3600 year cycle has made changes to the earth and its inhabitants. I think that this statement can stand up to your criticism. We have not seen anything in the past 3599 +/- years. The earth is overdue. What else do you have?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Tides are caused by the gravitational force of the Moon and Sun, as well as the Earth's rotation. If Elenin were a brown dwarf it would be exerting more gravitational force on the Earth than the Moon. This means that it too would have an effect on the tides. However, the tides have remained constant. Also, storms are nothing new on Saturn. Major storms occur at least once every Saturnian year with minor storms occurring in the interim. The last major storm observed was in 1990 with a minor storm occurring in 1994.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join