It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA: Terrorists may implant explosives into their body

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just watching MSNBC and a piece about TSA intelligence. Supposedly, they have new intelligence that terrorists might attempt to smuggle in explosives inside their bodies. Not just in the cavities, but surgically implanted. Sorry I didn't record the first 30 seconds or so, but basically that was what was said. Here's the rest:

What really irks me is that the guy being interviewed says that the TSA will have more security, more pat-downs, as a result of this new information. So all of us will be punished because a few idiots want to blow up a plane?

I honestly don't understand this TSA "security" madness. Any person is many times more likely to die in a car accident (1 in 7500 per year, or 1 in 100 per lifetime) source than a plane crash (~ 1 in 1 million) source. It's almost like real-life trolling and fear mongering.
edit on 6-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
In other news: TSA vows to cut costs by reusing surgical gloves (just joking but I wouldn't be surprised). I guess we have to be on the look out for the "rectum bomber" now.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This could be the ramp up for cavity searches on citizens.

Just a more personal kind of rape than what is already happening by these criminals. If they keep dehumanizing, the next generation will be much easier to control having grown up with it as the norm.

And again people here will ask...'When do we fight back?'

Indeed...When?

How about when your child or grandparent is told to strip and bend over? Will this be enough? Somehow I don't think so. Or maybe when they have a crippled or mentally handicapped person strapped down and cavity searched? Enough yet? Will people speak out? Will they take action?

I think it is safe to say that the terrorists have won. The real question is, who are the terrorists?

Spread fear in those that don't agree with their ideology.
Check.

Destroy Freedom.
Check.

Destroy Human Rights.
Check.

The hills are calling.

edit on 6-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
In other news: TSA vows to cut costs by reusing surgical gloves (just joking but I wouldn't be surprised). I guess we have to be on the look out for the "rectum bomber" now.

Actually, it's probably more like the "plastic surgery bomber."

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yeah because frisking and scanning isn't enough intimidation, let's cut people open!

This world is becoming even worse than 1984.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The TSA come up with as many ideas how a terrorist could carry explosives as Hollywood can come up with alien and monster creations. The TSA have too much time on their hands...or are they psycho?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Airline boycott! No one flies in the US until TSA is out

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I would love to know just how many bombs the TSA has found, how many would-be terrorist plots have been stopped since they've begun these forced rapes. What can they possible point to to justify these actions?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
What really irks me is that the guy being interviewed says that the TSA will have more security, more pat-downs, as a result of this new information.

More pat downs as a result of this new information?

And how, exactly, do you find something during a pat down when it's surgically implanted?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
And how, exactly, do you find something during a pat down when it's surgically implanted?

Exactly. But he said the pat downs would serve as a "deterrent" for terrorists. So essentially I guess we're all being punished because of a few idiots?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes but car crashes happen more often and the chances of survival are much greater than a bomb going off on an airlplane.

I've been patted down once and it took all of 10 sec. You guys are really complaining about nothing other than a few isolated incidents which should not be presumed to be the majority of people's experience when going through the TSA.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
I would love to know just how many bombs the TSA has found, how many would-be terrorist plots have been stopped since they've begun these forced rapes. What can they possible point to to justify these actions?

They won't say how many terrorist attacks they've found since it violates some rule however the amount of drugs recovered is quite high and that for some reason isn't on their no talk list. Also you have to consider it's effectiveness as a deterrent which is very hard to determine.

If your against the TSA, which it sounds like you are, then you will of course say they are no deterrent but you don't know how many people have not attempted something because of their presence. Remember the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber. There are people out there that still want to blow up airliners whether you admit it or not.

Here is a list of the terrorism against airlines, specifically highjackings, but you can see that airlines have been a more focused target than other things when people need to make a statement.

en.wikipedia.org...

And here is another list of some important terror plots stopped before they reached their conclusion. Not TSA specific but it shows that people are still out there and being complacent because nothing has happened recently would be a mistake.

www.heritage.org...

So i'm willing to put up with a 10 sec pat down or usually none at all if it means less of a chance, no matter how remote that chance is, that there will be a terror event when I'm aboard that plane.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If it's true about the intelligence of the implanted explosives, then all it would take to sus them out would be well trained sniffer dogs.
I'm sure if a well trained cavadier dog can sniff out a corpse 10 feet under the ground, a similiarly trained explosives dog could sniff out explosives under the skin.

But it sounds like as per usual they are creating fairytales to justify their jobs.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The TSA come up with as many ideas how a terrorist could carry explosives as Hollywood can come up with alien and monster creations. The TSA have too much time on their hands...or are they psycho?

TSA did not come up with this, it has already been done

en.wikipedia.org...

"According to early and the most recent reports, Asiri's older brother had hidden one pound of PETN plastic explosives in his anal canal, which security experts described as a novel technique."

was also done in the Hollywood movie 'Dark Knight'.

it would be remiss of TSA not to think ahead of the enemy, instead of merely reacting and letting the bad guys set the intiative.

Kro makes a good point; prevention is preferable to capture, and it is impossible to quantify the incidents TSA procedures have prevented. number of aviation terror deaths on US planes since 09/12/2001: ZER0. that number we know for sure.
edit on 6-7-2011 by works4dhs because: add line

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Here is an example of why the TSA searches people in wheelchairs which I know got most of you all up in arms.

Now this wasn't an explosive but easily could have been and goes to the point that people will use whatever means they think will work best to circumvent the law.

blog.tsa.gov...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's time for the TSA to cut out their Nazi bulls*it. More people should stand up to them.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

If it's true about the intelligence of the implanted explosives, then all it would take to sus them out would be well trained sniffer dogs.
I'm sure if a well trained cavadier dog can sniff out a corpse 10 feet under the ground, a similiarly trained explosives dog could sniff out explosives under the skin.

But it sounds like as per usual they are creating fairytales to justify their jobs.

If they use dogs then people will complain about the dogs violating them or some other such nonsense until the next plane blows up then people will wonder how did we let this happen.

Hypocrites

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So all of us will be punished because a few idiots want to blow up a plane?

No. We will be violated further because our collective governments want us to live in fear of the boogeyman of the decade in order to further control us.

At the end of the day the vast majority of people will see this story and exclaim..." If it means I'll be safe, I'll gladly bend over"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

How many thousands of people fly everyday and how many of them have to "bend over"? Your taking isolated incidents and applying it to everyone in order to prove a point that doesn't exist.

Sure they are violations but why throw out the whole thing because of that. Have you ever been violated by the TSA?

Of course you will say you will but I bet 99% of the people who have flown since they were formed will not agree that it's a problem.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

He just said not in the body cavities. But surgically implanted into the body. I guess now we will get a rough body massage as well. I don't see people being able to avoid those pesky radiation chambers called body scanners now. Good hype to force this to make sure we all die from radiation poison. It reminds me of Janet Reno at Waco when they had to kill the kids to save the kids. Apparently Japan didn't kill enough people. Gee we are slowing their plans down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join