It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch, Man, Ape or Something Else?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

edit on 7-7-2011 by jimbo999 because: double post

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

??? Quite the opposite really. Anyone with a head on their shoulders would review the evidence - the scientifically verified evidence - and laugh their heads off at people who try to "de-bunk" the subject matter with absolutely NO evidence other than misconceptions and mass-media hysteria to go on...

J.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

The jawbone is from a Gigatapithicus - a giant ape-like creature that supposedly became extinct many thousands of years ago - or did they? Many Sasquatch researchers believe Bigfoot/Sasquatch ARE the last remaining populations of Gigantapithicus... You want Bigfoot bones? There they probably are - right in that photo.

J.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm from the NW waiting to post here in the crypto forum but don't have enough posts for a topic. Please read my introductory post in the forum as I am planning on visiting ape canyon with a small expedtion. But I am talking about DEEP in the wilderness. My guide won't even go with me unless I wear skunk urine and he was at Mt. St. Helens eruption before and after and knows about the area extensively. If you live in the NW and are interested please check out my intro post.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agape

I realy doubt that the media uses Big Foot as a means to distract from important political news or any news for that matter. They like to use other stories though and are very good at disracting the sheeple.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

You have my attention and I'll check out your introduction post. Good luck, it sounds very interesting, especially around the Mt. St. Helens area!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thank you I was originally planning to go with my sister but she would scare off after one night out there even tho she says she wants to come. I'm trying to find a small group of people that are really interested. Small enough to track them easily but big enough to rely on each other for help, nerves, or an emergency. A woman would be good though because they're known to be attracted to women. I watched on Bigfoot the Definitive Guide how it pursued one woman in victoria all the way from the forest to her car. I don't want to come off threatening but I will be willing to defend myself and others.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Wow! I guess you're out of touch with the BF suject? The mystery is about to be solved "very" shortly.

I've known BF was real since '96 or '97 because I've seen one personally!

I'll begin a thread to get people up to speed...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
Thank you I was originally planning to go with my sister but she would scare off after one night out there even tho she says she wants to come. I'm trying to find a small group of people that are really interested. Small enough to track them easily but big enough to rely on each other for help, nerves, or an emergency. A woman would be good though because they're known to be attracted to women. I watched on Bigfoot the Definitive Guide how it pursued one woman in victoria all the way from the forest to her car. I don't want to come off threatening but I will be willing to defend myself and others.

I want you to be very careful, because you may have no idea what you could possibly encouter and brother let me tell you something...there would be no defense if a BF decided to attack!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Personally, I always felt that Bigfoot, etc. may be a modern day offshoot of neanderthals. We lived simultaneously with them, and they are thought to have died out, but what if they didn't?

Also, to the posters stating that "we would have found them by now", take into account we only recently found a tribe in the Amazon with no outside contacts. New things are being found all the time.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

(completely off topic, but I had to star you just to get you off of 666 stars. I went to your profile to see if your thread was up and noticed the beastly number)

Back on topic -- hurry up with that thread!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by JayTaylor

A lot of people are going to feel pretty goofy when the day comes they announce Bigfoot has been found/captured.

That day will never happen, because there is no such thing a bigfoot. But, sadly, the simple reality that this imaginary creature will never be caught is only fuel for the flames of the ignorant.

I wont live long enough for you or any of the believers to admit I'm right. Because there is no such thing, that means they will never find one. And for some odd reason folks that believe in this nonsense will only use that complete lack of evidence as the opposite.

I know this much for a fact. Saying people are ignorant, because they believe what their eyes see. Is really ignorant. I also think it's ignorant not to realise, that every Native American Indian tribe on the continent had a name for this creature. And labeling them all as ignorant is nothing but ignorance. It's also completely ignorant
not to investigate reports of a creature. That now spans two completely different civilisations. Two of the most
divergent cultures you could think of. I also think it's ignorant, just to go through every thread saying it dosn't exist. No matter what it's about.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
There are many different arguments, as well as personal experiences, that lead me to conclude that bigfoot is indeed an authentic, living creature, however I won't get into that in this thread. So being a believer I have wrestled with the idea of bigfoot being an ape, as well as it being more human.

My conclusion, although dynamic in light of new evidence, is that bigfoot is closer to humans than apes, retaining some characteristics from each. Their human-like brains, although not nearly as intelligent as humans, are their main method of defense: stealth. Burying their dead is also a more human-like characteristic.

I had a hard time attempting to determine whether or not these creatures could make their own tools, or whether they could only use tools they found, such as rocks, etc. It should be noted that chimpanzees are great at tool making, creating spears from sharpened sticks, brushes and sponges out of grass and moss, etc. Given that I believe bigfoot to be more intelligent than chimps, I am betting that they can make some of the tools they use in their survival.

Bigfoot also retains many primate behaviors, such as vocalizations and throwing rocks, among other traits. It should be noted that none of these traits and characteristics can be fully authenticated at present, and I am basing my conclusions from personal research and experience. These creatures are also known to crawl on their bellies, something primates do as well. I understand that these are things humans would likely need to do if they were not as advanced as we are today, so it is difficult to find traits that are independent of each other, but they are there if one would like to do the research to discover them.

So basically I believe that bigfeet (lol) are real, and that they are more closely related to humans than primates, although retaining characteristics from both.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
There are many different arguments, as well as personal experiences, that lead me to conclude that bigfoot is indeed an authentic, living creature, however I won't get into that in this thread. So being a believer I have wrestled with the idea of bigfoot being an ape, as well as it being more human.

My conclusion, although dynamic in light of new evidence, is that bigfoot is closer to humans than apes, retaining some characteristics from each. Their human-like brains, although not nearly as intelligent as humans, are their main method of defense: stealth. Burying their dead is also a more human-like characteristic.

I had a hard time attempting to determine whether or not these creatures could make their own tools, or whether they could only use tools they found, such as rocks, etc. It should be noted that chimpanzees are great at tool making, creating spears from sharpened sticks, brushes and sponges out of grass and moss, etc. Given that I believe bigfoot to be more intelligent than chimps, I am betting that they can make some of the tools they use in their survival.

Bigfoot also retains many primate behaviors, such as vocalizations and throwing rocks, among other traits. It should be noted that none of these traits and characteristics can be fully authenticated at present, and I am basing my conclusions from personal research and experience. These creatures are also known to crawl on their bellies, something primates do as well. I understand that these are things humans would likely need to do if they were not as advanced as we are today, so it is difficult to find traits that are independent of each other, but they are there if one would like to do the research to discover them.

So basically I believe that bigfeet (lol) are real, and that they are more closely related to humans than primates, although retaining characteristics from both.

From what I'm understanding, BF is a hybrid of modern humans and relic hominids. Reports on their intelligence varies. They are often reported engaging in primate activity such as threat displays and bush beating, but people who have actually interacted with them say BF are smart enough to WANT people to think they are simply a wild ape or commonly a bear. They say BF actually can talk in their own language and also ours. It's said that they also understand tools such as fire but simply choose not to use them often. Though people who report they've been kidnapped by them say the BF would build a fire for the hostages use such as warmth and cooking food.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I was watching bigfoot hunters on animal planet and they mentioned how when you're out in the field sometimes you'll hear conversations or sometime wispering or language in the distance

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup

(completely off topic, but I had to star you just to get you off of 666 stars. I went to your profile to see if your thread was up and noticed the beastly number)

Back on topic -- hurry up with that thread!

WOW! Thank you, did I really have 666 stars? Thanks for adding one. I would have been freaked to see that. I'll do the same for you if that happens. Your right, that is a beast of a number and happened on a beastly thread,, Sasquatch.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If you're so smart, please recreate the Patterson-footage.
And while you're at it, try a personality-check as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I posted a story in a different forum where it may not have been on topic
so I need to do it where it may be.
Here's this little condensed version of an encounter:
When I was 16, I was standing in the woods under the heaviest canopied section of the wood, in the middle of the night, that was moonless and overcast with no stars. A bigfoot walked right up to me and stopped in front of me close enough to where I could have reached out and touched it. I do not think it would have done that if I was any older.

That was it. Anyway as for being on topic here, I would say definitely, Something Else, but very human in some ways, maybe a lot. Very big, and very heavy from the way it crushed through the thick layer of dead and decaying leaves on the forest floor. Very strong, from the way it could move very strong limbs of the live oak tree which was directly over the spot where I stood. That goes along with the big part, that it could even reach that far up in the first place. This is a definite spot and I could point it out in case anyone cared.

red arrow is the direction and path of the bigfoot, yellow is my path once I decided it was time to run as fast as I could.
This is a current google map screen shot. I am in my fifties now, so none of the houses were there and instead, all woods where they sit today.
edit on 11-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Reply to post by wonderworld

Bigfoot is "something else". As in, it doesn't exist.

I can guarantee you bigfoot exists as I have seen one. I damn near hit the thing late one night on a logging road in the northern part of Vancouver island.

Scared the sh## out of me, it was easily 7'++ tall.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'd like to learn more about Sasquatch encounters. I was told by someone who has seen one, on several occasions in Tennessee. He is the researcher I spoke, that I named "WA" that I know. All he said is not to give them any eye contact. It is hard, as you say to predict what one would do if angry. Ive never seen one but live in an area of many sightings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join