It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Pieces of Good News Nobody is Reporting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

We recently pointed out that the news media has a filtering process that only lets the bad stuff through. When they do break up the monotony with something lighthearted, it's always something pointless and inconsequential, like that thing last week with the monkey that learned to fly a helicopter.

But there actually is good news out there -- on some of the big issues of the day, no less. For instance, did you know ...

Source

Sure it's Cracked, but the article makes a good point. Both the MSM and the alternative news outlets have conditioned us to look at the doom-and-gloom, but there is still a lot of things to be thankful for in the world. While some of this might not be exactly breaking news, it is a nice reminder that maybe things aren't as bad off as the news sources make it out to be.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I stopped reading after they tried to sell us on the misleading idea that the Gulf of Mexico is "all better" now.

What a crock.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Eh it doesn't say its better. It said it was fubar to begin with and is just getting back to fubar levels. On a side note I'm tired of seeing cracked.com reposted on every forum. It's lazy and I'm pretty sure a lot of people read it anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

I agree about Cracked being posted everywhere, but ATS has a much wider demographic than most other forums. Therefore, it may be outside the purview of a lot of ATS members. I'll normally refrain from posting a pertinent Cracked article on here, but with all the doomsday predictions currently I thought it would be a nice change of pace.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
yeah, I wasnt a fan of the first point, but overall, good post

I think we look past the good things in the world.... you know, like the happier, longer lives (#2 I think)

good find... S+F

Be happy people

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
double post... sorry
edit on 5/7/2011 by osirys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't like good news.

I enjoy doomsday all day everyday.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
News have to light up. Reporting news ought to be about reporting good news as well

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
7 blatent lies. If this is your good news then keep it. Seriously man do some homework before posting drivel off dubious sites in future.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Gee, I was hoping you had run across some REAL good news! When someone tries to post real good news, a common reaction is that you're just trying to raise money for your side. Hey, wait: Isn't that really all that bad news does?

I sympathize with your viewpoint and I am aware of quite a lot of good news. Sometimes it hits the MSM but I agree that they are paid to avoid such things normally. The coolest stuff I see is usually about animals helping each other out. You can find whole web sites devoted to such stories. And I see a few stories about people helping each other out, too. Not enough, though. But I would be quite happy for just some HONEST news.

The situation these days is: Not only do they concentrate on stuff that's scary, but they forward scary messages to us that aren't even true. On top of that, the concentration on scary stuff makes the environment seem more dangerous than it really is, and that will have a bad effect on some people, and is another way of being dishonest.

What is TRUE is that we have a MSM devoted to making us feel rotten about the future and about our own chances for a good life. And of course the MSM doesn't report that. The other thing that is true is that there are power structures on earth, and beyond, that are successfully hiding their existence and intentions from us. They control the MSM, so that isn't being reported either. Another thing that is true is that there are a lot of people who know what to do about the situation and are working very hard to pull off a win for the majority and might even succeed. But the secret power structure hates them, so that's not getting reported either.

I think honest news would make us all feel better even if it was scary, because it would also help us realize that there are many valuable ways that we could contribute to solving the situation. I wish a website like this were more oriented to that type of news.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Good news? Bad news? Gloom and doom? It's a matter of perspective.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Both the MSM and the alternative news outlets have conditioned us to look at the doom-and-gloom

I wonder about this sometimes. Isn't more about demand and supply?

Research has probably shown that the public has a strong urge for sensational, doom&gloom type news. If you are into the money-making business, you get what the customer wants.

I guess society is bored and they need the thrill.

On the other hand, it could be the conditioning-thing....

Peace

edit on 6-7-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't believe any of those, except the fact that teen pregnancy is down.

top topics

join