It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are we celebrating?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
That is the question I am asking myself at this very moment. As the sounds and flashes of fireworks fill the dusk I have to ponder what Thomas Jefferson would be thinking.

I think it would go something like this:

235 years ago today we told the tyrants enough was enough. Today you celebrate our fight for independence but you have truly have forgotten its meaning. You as a people have grown week and timid of a strong federal government.

Have I not warned you of this?

You have allowed them to have total control of the states over 100 years ago.

You have let them give congresses power to coin money and regulate its value to a private bank. You have allowed them to fight unjust wars of conquest for corporate interest.

You allow them to force dangerous and sometimes untested vaccines to be injected in to your children with little or no protest.

You allow the TSA to molest women, children and the elderly yet you do nothing.

Many men and women fought to their death to give you this republic yet you just continue to celebrate as the republic continues to fall around you.

You have the power to re-declare your independence and get our republic back.

We have given you all the tools you need so when will You the People wake up and use them?

Our Declaration of Independence written on this day 235 years ago has just as much meaning now then ever!

We fought a revolution over the evils declared below:

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Source: www.ushistory.org...

So what say you?

Will you sit idly by and let tyranny kill this great republic?

Or will you fight to keep it and restore the balance of power back into the hands of the We the People?

You have grown afraid of Government and their is tyranny!

The Government like the British must once again fear We the People!

Now a Hypothetical Conversation with a slightly awaken Sheep:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sheep] Well that's great and all but the Fed's are too powerful.

Should we protest?

[Jefferson] Hell yes you should! Every day in every city! Be a thorn in their side. You alone have the power to make them change.

[Sheep] But the Government requires us to have a permit and protesting in DC is mostly off limits not. They have even arrested people for silently dancing at your memorial Mr. Jefferson.

[Jefferson] Have you not the tools needed?

[Sheep] Well Mr. Jefferson Sir you can't expect us to go armed.... We would surely be shot and or arrested.

[Jefferson] You are correct. However the same thing happen to us back with the British back in the 1770's Many men, women and children lost their lives before the revolution ever really begun.

[Sheep] Surely there has to be a political solution?

[Jefferson] Well maybe but you have to awaken the masses and take over the local elected offices and fill them with principled people.

[Sheep] Well that wont work we only have 2 political parties and they are both corrupt to the core and controled by the special interest.

[Jefferson] This is true, however you could form a new political party perhaps or run as an independent as was originally intended.

[Sheep] Well all that sounds great but it still don't stop the Feds. When Texas tried to pass a bill to limit the TSA the feds threatened to make TX a no fly zone.

[Jefferson] Then so what if they do? Texas can cut off the Taxes to the feds.

[Sheep] OH No! That would mean war!

[Jefferson] Perhaps it would. Remember the Alamo? Did they not say "come and take it"?

[Sheep] Yes they did.... as as I recall they were slaughtered.

[Jefferson] Yes they were, But the American went on to win the war did they not?

[Sheep] uh.... Yes they did. but...

[Jefferson] Freedom is not free. The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants!

Do you want to see your children grow up to be ignorant slaves to the corporate interest?

[Sheep] No....

[Jefferson] Well stand ready to Defend History and Stand Proud to be an American Patriot!
You will need to start preparing immediate as time is running out. Plans to confiscate private owned firearms have been laid. People that voice their opposition to this tyranny have been labeled terrorist. The worlds elite want America to fail. You are the worlds last stumbling block to their total control.

[Sheep] Are you suggesting we take up arms against the elite?

[Jefferson] If need be.

[Sheep] That's crazy Mr. Jefferson. You're nuts. I don't want to die.

[Jefferson] Well then I am afraid there is no hope for the American Republic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a proud American and If need be stand ready fight to save our republic.

I shot my fireworks last night with my 3 year old son and I almost started crying.

I swore an oath to the Constitution and I have yet to keep it. Not all of our enemies are foreign as we are led by an controlled MSM, many are domestic and we have done nothing to stop them.

Today I prep my gear.

I stand ready to be called to once again to fight for Liberty; not for our future, but for our children's.

God bless them and God bless this Republic!

I am a Minuteman; Don't Tread On Me!

So Ats I ask you What the hell are we celebrating?

edit on 4-7-2011 by SWCCFAN because: added source for off site content

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We're celebrating your ability to present this, without getting arrested or shot or hung or stoned to death or burned at the stake or ... I ran out of steam ♥

I don't know man, there isn't a holiday left that I like. I can't even remember a time that I did like holidays... in my mind, for as long as I've lived, they've been money making schemes.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Well I agree Holidays ( formerly known as Holy Days) Have become so commercialized we have forgotten the real reason for celebrating.

Hopefully the "idiots" won't violate my 1st amendment rights.
'Cause I'll damn sure show them my 2nd....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just wanted to say I read your post and smiled.

I also do not celebrate or support any holidays, and you make a bunch of good points.

The people in this country for the most part are "taking it on the chin" all the while hooting and hollering with beers in hand as the fancy fireworks pop above them.

I just went outside and saw my entire neighborhood acting stupid, shook my head and walked right back inside.

PS- I do not support you firing the first shot!

MM
edit on 4-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

unfortunately, you are right. what is the average joe to do? write his congressman? i believe they say what they will to get the job and do whatever to protect their income. i dont believe it will help. watching the fireworks tonight , i couldnt help but wonder if this is the last of it. when more than 1 angle in dc is speaking of bankruptcy openly, then you know the shtf scenerio may not be that far away. theres a congressman on you tube telling people to move out of major cities, for reasons of famine when the wheels stop turning. its depressing.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm alright if people can take a day off to come together and have a good time for once. *snip*

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4-7-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If you dont like it you can move to Lybia. Dont think that one has been used yet. lol

Use the Tao and let them implode themselves. Egypt did, Rome did, Nazi Germany did.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

This wasn't always just a simple holiday, it's the birthday of our right to choose whether or not to like other holidays.
I totally agree with the OP and plan to continue telling people I know about why July 4th was so important for our once great nation that, soon enough, will be back on top of the world.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Mapkar because: Made it sound less mean since I didnt intend to sound like that.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Valentine's day...Mothers day...Fathers day...Days for what...I tell the people "I LOVE" each day!

What has happened to our country?

I do not need a corporation to make money from me (insert card company here). Of course I have those in my life that do not see the manipulation...

All in good time.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I will not be firing any shots until fired upon..... Then may God have mercy on their souls as I will not!

I have many friends in Uniform and many that are not ready to stand with me.

Our children are our future.

When this republic fails they will not have a good one.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
S&F. As for me, I am celebrating the future. I am using our nation's birthday to celebrate the fact that humankind will be free of oppression in the future. It is only a matter of time. Whether we are alive to see it is another matter.

Until that day I, like you, will not kneel, bend, or bow to any man. I will fight until my last breath for all of humanity's right to be free.

Happy Independence Day everybody!
edit on 4-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
...what are we celebrating?... successful brainwashing that only benefits the elite and all the genocide it took to get here... yippy skippy doo dah...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

If government imploded tomorrow there would be panic, riots, looting and killing in our streets. Tao will do nothing to prevent that.

Being armed will!

We are all gonna be targets. So don't be a soft one.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Comments from a friend not a member on ATS

"please allow me to post something here i wrote a couple years ago and which some of you will remember it just seems appropriate today:

As the time for war draws near, I am experiencing feelings I never thought I could feel at a time like this.
A calm, even a peace has washed over me.
The reality of what must be done has taken hold.
I have become a machine, with a singular directive.
My mission is clear, as is my conscience.
I will kill without mercy.
I will take no prisoners.
I will not honor white flags.
I will not honor submission.
Those who would end my life will be ended.
Those who wish I lose my freedom will lose their lives instead.
There is no surrender, only death.
Whether it be mine or his, death is the only finality.
My mind is focused, my eye is sharp, my aim is true.
AND MY HEART IS COLD."

Patriot Jon CSGM NCCM:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Ok, star and flag... but where is the link to the off-site content? I would like to share this... thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,

ARE WE THERE YET?!

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

Military Commissions act anyone?

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury: For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences

Can you say rendition flight? I knew that you could

We have to face the hypocrisy of going through the motions of celebration for a
cause long since lost. To even participate in anything that seems to celebrate the
4th of July is an affirmation that everything is ok, there is no danger to the
Republic (aside from Islamic terrorism). If you fly the flag today or do anything
that is normally associated with the 4th you are supporting the idea we are still
free and independent.

I like to celebrate and have fun as much as anyone, Yet, this year has been so
devastating and demoralizing to America with fires out west, tornadoes in the east,
south and midwest. floods in the Missouri and Mississippi with nuclear power
plants disturbingly close to having very real problems,

How many of us know people that have lost their homes to tornadoes, floods or fires? How about
neighbors gone due to repossession by the banks? Or the others still who have
recently lost their jobs because of outsourcing? I consider myself fortunate to
have not personally been affected but I know many who have.
The ever-expensive Military machine which has drained the US Treasury has us
bogged down in 3 wars and have now started 2 more (Libya and Somalia), the
economy is flatlined and showing no signs of improvement.

America has run off the rails in every sense - economically, environmentally,
morally and ethically and a police state has been established where our
fundamental rights as human beings are being compromised in the name of
national security. Our homes are being invaded not only through the incursion of
digital technology but physically by no-knock searches and legally as the court
system validates these intrusions. There is no privacy left anymore, it died years
ago and the PATRIOT ACT is nothing more than the gravestone of liberty, a
demarcation point from the "pre 9/11 world" to the "post 9/11 world" where, as
they have told us nothing will ever be the same after.

So should we really celebrate the 4th of July, our sacred Independence Day anymore?

Can we honestly say we are Independent?

If we can't, there isn't any point in celebrating.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

www.ushistory.org...

Added it to the OP as well.

Best Regards

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Actually, all we did was cast off distant tyrants to impose local tyrants upon ourselves, under threat of violent death from those local tyrants.

The "founding fathers" were, from an unbiased view, not far removed from simple bandit warlords. The king criimped their profits, so they forced the villages to fight the king's men and named themselves the new rulers.

Who voted for the constitution? The people who wrote the constitution, not the people who would live under it. Who voted for the first president? No one, he was appointed the position as a spoil of war. Who among the people had a say in how things were run? White male landowners over the age of 25.

We didn't fight a revolution. We lived through a coup.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Awesome post this further validates the point.

This is why I love ATS

People from all walks of life engaged in intelligent debate.

This is our freedom at work .... This is what is at risk!

We share is this freedom, known as the World Wide Web.

Until the FCC decides they don't like it any more....

Thanks for your comment!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join