It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Chemtrail(s) (PICS) from 07/02/2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Nice I like how the rainbow starts red and gets more pronounced. Very interesting pics.

Yea aren't nautural rainbows just automatically their ?

how come we always have to realize things after the fact....

One day we will all be ashamed when our children and their children ask us why we let all this happen...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They are beautifully dangerous.... poisoning all over the planet...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Saw your post earlier but was too annoyed to reply...so...now...what is it? back-lit or front-lit? OP didn't say or did I miss something? Apparently this seemingly insignificant little fact makes a lot of difference in the mumbo jumbo level.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Yeah for mumbo-jumbo artists it's a hassle having to sort through facts - sorry about that.

Let's repeat what Uncinus said again....

Water droplets make rainbows when they reflect light - that is why rainbows appear in front of you when hte sun us behind you.

Ice crystals make circumhorizontal arcs by refracting light in front of you when the sun is also in front of you.

Wiki page - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah for mumbo-jumbo artists it's a hassle having to sort through facts - sorry about that.

Let's repeat what Uncinus said again....

Water droplets make rainbows when they reflect light - that is why rainbows appear in front of you when hte sun us behind you.

Ice crystals make circumhorizontal arcs by refracting light in front of you when the sun is also in front of you.

Wiki page - en.wikipedia.org...

So are the photos back-lit or front-lit and how would I have known that?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You would know which they were from reading this thread, or doing just a little research - try looking for "iridescent clouds" on wiki, and following the links.

I often see chemtrailers on here saying that debunkers need to just "do their research" - and yet so many of them have so little idea of actually atmospherics and science as to make me wonder what it is they think research is

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You would know which they were from reading this thread, or doing just a little research - try looking for "iridescent clouds" on wiki, and following the links.

I often see chemtrailers on here saying that debunkers need to just "do their research" - and yet so many of them have so little idea of actually atmospherics and science as to make me wonder what it is they think research is

So you're not going to answer my question. I'll rephrase: what's wrong with these pictures and why do I have to be educated about them?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Your question had been answered before you asked it by Uncinus - as you would know if you had read the thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

AFAIK there's nothing wrong with the pictures - where did I say there was?

and you need to be educated about them because you are obviously unaware of some normal atmospheric phenomena.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by mb2591
Nice I like how the rainbow starts red and gets more pronounced. Very interesting pics.

Yea aren't nautural rainbows just automatically their ?

Er, no. They are not. Do you even know what a rainbow is?

The pictures show a circumhorizon arc. Completey different - though obvious, like a rainbow, caused by refraction of light through, in this case, ice crystals (proving, incidently, that that is what the contrails is made of!)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Your question had been answered before you asked it by Uncinus - as you would know if you had read the thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

AFAIK there's nothing wrong with the pictures - where did I say there was?

and you need to be educated about them because you are obviously unaware of some normal atmospheric phenomena.

So the OP said in a previous post in a previous thread by Uncinus that these photos were back-lit, front-lit, side-lit? I thought the photos were taken yesterday.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ok, since the pics were taken between 1-2pm est...the sun seemed like it was still almost directly above me when i took the pics facing southeast...i have some non-rainbow trails/cloud phenomena that i snapped at the same time aiming at the sun above me...i'll post them now as a matter of fact...give me a few...my camera: Samsung Digimax L60...it was set to "auto" for the pics

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9408d6ba6db9.jpg[/atsimg]
same area where the "rainbow trail" was several minutes later:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b57f40a4a88.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8236281043ea.jpg[/atsimg]
facing northeast (rainbow trail would be to the right of this shot):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e68626ddc361.jpg[/atsimg]
facing east:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14f001be0f8c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by firepilot

Saw your post earlier but was too annoyed to reply...so...now...what is it? back-lit or front-lit? OP didn't say or did I miss something? Apparently this seemingly insignificant little fact makes a lot of difference in the mumbo jumbo level.

If you find science to be annoying, I really can not help that.

Water droplets and ice crystals, have been reflecting/refracting sunlight as long as there has been water and sunlight. Sundogs, moon dogs, halos, rainbows, etc, are not anything new and nefarious.

Tell us how something metallic makes those colors.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Nice clouds and contrails.

What exactly is out of the ordinary?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
ok, since the pics were taken between 1-2pm est...the sun seemed like it was still almost directly above me when i took the pics facing southeast

According to the wiki article on circumhorizontal arcs:

Formation of the halo requires that the sun be very high in the sky, at an elevation of 58° or more, and that the cirrus cloud or haze contains plate-shaped ice crystals.

-en.wikipedia.org...

so the elevation seems to tie in with the requirements for this phenomena

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the clarification. The sun was basically overhead. Enjoyed your photos and thread immensely. I've seen this too - not often - but since 2002 or so. Ghastly in my opinion. For me it always helps to know where the sun is/was before I start looking at diagrams of reflection/refraction/mumbo jumbo. But that's probably just me indulging in the nostalgia of the days when a rainbow was just a rainbow.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A rainbow is just a rainbow. Just because you let conspiracy webpages and your imagination get the better of you, does not change the fact that a rainbow is a rainbow, a sundog is a sundog, and clouds are just that, clouds.

You have seen many examples of completely wrong information that chemtrail sites have spread, but you still insist in this faith in chemtrails and some secret spraying conspiracy, with no evidence of any of it.

This whole thread is a great example of how we can know more about how to use technology such as internet and computers, but we lose sight of knowledge of the natural world around us, and mistake something natural and normal, for something sinister

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I love it when Cirrus refract the light like that, we get quite a bit of it here in the UK in high summer because the sun is so high. Really beautiful, I was admiring some today on the way home after a day on the beach.
edit on 3-7-2011 by SirCoxone because: spelling.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I found this amazing image of such clouds over Everest, check out the pic. It's awesome.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Uncius, you stole my thunder
I'm usually quick to jump on threads such as this. Well done in your explanation of this natural and beautiful display of ice crystal atmospheric optics.

I have photographed 17 circumhorizon arcs in the last three years and seen more than 20, alas no camera at the time I saw the last one on Sunday.

No earthquakes, ever (the Schezuan sighting was coincidence, nothing more), no metal, no chemicals--just water and light, a simple and awesome mix.

Here are some of mine:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96d66fab5f36.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f47ceb8ef887.jpg[/atsimg]

My circumhorizon arcs

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join