It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS allowed in governmental buildings while other sites aren't

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I for one think ATS is in league with the MSM!

There are several times a story has broken here, and letting our hardworking community vet it, the story then pops up a few days later on FOX or CNN.

Can't blame em really, the state of affairs in today's media leaves a hole where journalists once lived. If a story isn't prepackaged by corporation X and delivered to their doorstep, they don't know what to run!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I work at a government agency, as a Computer/Network Technician, and the way we manage our filters is not by HTML attribute matching, its by adding the root domains in combination with a default address list which is given to us by the people who manage the entire filter system, which then block the IP address resolved by the domain, however if a certain domain isnt in the default list and has not been manually added, it will not be blocked.

So maybe ATS was never reported as a website that gives harmful content, so had no authority to be blocked, unless you get one of those jackass Network Technicians which would block any website from a sniff of a report.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Your patience continues to astonish me.

You say you don't expect it, though. See my join date? Even I expect it to the point that in your position I would probably keep a statement to simply paste into these threads.

*No offense to the OP. Your comments at least have a bit of different twist because of your location.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's within your right, but I can't respect it, and will call it a lie when I see it, because that's what it is.
edit on 30-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Calling it is fine but why do you censor it by locking the thread and many times deleting it entirely. What are you afraid of? By censoring stuff you really are showing there is something to hide here. It's strange though we can talk about all conspiracies but not conspiracy regarding ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Do you not agree that ats has had a "paranoia problem" in the last few years? (more so months)

I do not mean to discredit your site skeptic overlord, but the paranoia level has me concerned for the mental well being of members on this site. Every other thread it's about some paranoia kid making crazy suggestions, yes I know this is an environment to which anything can be discussed, but can you not limit to what these should be?

At first they start thinking their government is evil (rather than greedy lazy and stupid) and the whole world is against them, next they don't even believe historical events (eg: man landing on moon) then to the point they believe everything is a conspiracy to the point, they believe their own favorite website is against them, leading to disattachment of friends and family. My point being if something is suffering from a disorder (such as schizophrenia) if they are allowed to share their ideas it could threaten public safety. Do I need to remind you of gabby Gillords and that her assailant was an ats member? Or how about the man who shot a pentagon guard?

You do realize what this site is doing don't you? It's good to question the government yes, it's good to indulge in fantasy once in awhile. But combined both with a mental disorder and you have a recipe for disaster. Allowing someone like that tom spread their message across to countless others with similar or just weak minded. Next thing you know you have a homegrown terrorist cult on your hands, claiming ats freed them. That's just bad publicity.

I realize your a busy man, don't reply just take this to heart, if you want ats to be taken seriously, then you must act seriously. Or you will get trapped in a legal corner and the only way out is the take the hand of the government if you get my meaning (hint: selling out)

Basically my point being, how can you the creator of ats lead these disordered minds to safety? Thanks for reading (if you did)

Ridicule this post, if you want ats to have a bad future. Because it's not if, it's when and being in America a very soon when.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Ats has a paranoia problem (I hear most of you of schizo) this site is on the government watch list, not just for America but Canada and some other places. Anyway, even if he did leave it open, then anyone can go read it and start believing it without question (let's face it homo sapiens believe a lot of things without question)

By closing it, he's doing you guys a favor. Trying to limit the crazy thoughts in your head, he's not working for the government they have better things to do then work with ats to BRAINWASH YOU!! (ohhh scary lol)

Ask yourself why? A broke @$$ government interested in only YOU!!! (most insane individuals like to express the idea they are god, or some other religious figure. That makes finding disordered individuals very easy, and they can find each other even easier.

So say there is a made up thread saying ats is working for the government, to kill you. A bunch of schizophrenics read it, and believe they have to do something to stop it and so they choose to go on random killing sprees.

Many many ats members that have made the news weren't on the news for denying ignorance. Most of them go nuts and start killing innocent people. This is what is wrong with ats, no limit to information can lead to insanity.

Skeptic overlord made the right choice, and I hope he does more similar actions in the future, because ats needs to be censored if they wish to continue their future on the Internet. One day things will be censored and if ats doesn't change they will get shut down.

My dad works for the government, you can find lots of things out, to see which groups, websites and organizations are in peril.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Word on the street is that this is a CIA site.

Insult much?

When invited to a neighbor's house for a party, do you concoct the most absurd insult and tell it to him in front of all other guests?

I cant say that I know for sure anyway.

Then why say it? Oh, that's right, you enjoy insulting your hosts.

Please explain the removal of slightly secret topics, then. That seems insulting to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44323fd8a79b.jpg[/atsimg]
You Got Me.......It's Me, Barry

I am Monitoring every single Keystroke.

You said "You Wanted Change".

edit on 1-7-2011 by whyamIhere because: public schools

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that ATS is not what it seems. The purpose of this type of website is two-fold.

(1) Controlling and filtering the flow of information.

There is no better way to control the flow of information than to be a fundamental player in it's dissemination. Disappearing threads are quite common, and sock-puppetry is rampant.

(2) Data-Mining

You would be surprised at exactly how much information your governement has on each of you, information which they collect from a wide variety of sources. This information is processed, and each file includes a complete psycological profile and threat assessment. ATS in that sense is a 'honey-pot'; a certain type of information attracts a certain type of person, the type the governement has labelled 'homegrown terrorists' interestingly enough, which for now simply means the inclusion on one list or another, but which in the coming decade at some point will mean unwelcome visitors at 04.00 in the morning. They won't have to ask you whether you approve of your governement at that stage, you will have volunteered the opposite by then on any of a number of threads.

Guess what? The United States' Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) runs a global abduction and internment operation of suspected terrorists, obviously acting on the basis of previously collected intel. A few more years and these methods will go mainstream, Facebook, ATS and a number of other websites are laying the groundwork as we speak.

The above are overall considerations, there are plenty of other indicators.

Amazingly enough, I have yet to find anyone involved with the website who passes the 9/11 lithmus test, and as far as I am concerned, that is evidence enough. When you do follow the aforementioned individuals on the various threads, you find the usual rehash of kabbalistic, anti-Christian ideals which espouse the greater Luciferian agenda. Did I mention most are freemasons?

A quick google search reveals a certain consistency in their methodology when faced with issues they dislike, for which of course there are T&C's covering almost any eventuality. Questions arise as to their creation, funding, server IP address and it has been said they have some awfully nice offices. Might have to come and visit some day.

Will you now throw a tantrum, and get 'deeply offended' at those of us who don't really see how they are insulting anyone by proposing an alternative interpretation to a dubious cover story?

If you don't believe in freedom of expression where you perceive it to be damaging towards yourself, then you don't believe in it at all.

edit on 1-7-2011 by D377MC because: spelling

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

and I hope he does more similar actions in the future, because ats needs to be censored if they wish to continue their future on the Internet.

Oh! A broad, sweeping, unsupported call for censorship in defense of ATS! Classic, you should consider the above for your signature if you don't mind me saying so. Nevertheless, run it by me one more time: censorship is a good thing because...?

This is what is wrong with ats, no limit to information can lead to insanity.

Oh? I rather think that most will agree with me: the more data the better.

In summary, what you are saying is that 'There is too much information on ATS, it must be censored, or else you may have mental problems'.

I'd say you won't be getting banned anytime soon....

edit on 1-7-2011 by D377MC because: spelling & grammar

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

But since I can see I'm not making sense at the moment, I'm gonna just shut up on the matter. I was going to just message this to SO, then decided to post where all could see I didn't really mean ATS involvement as anything other than governmental allowance to gather info I guess.

BTW...Homebrew.com and neopets were allowed, while surprisingly, Sesame Street isn't.

At least you are not a dyslexic paranoid like I am. I am almost always worried that I am following somebody.

No really. The government is so screwed up I don't think they could trace their way out of a wet paper bag let alone worry about what you post about aliens. So what government does that leave to be concerned about you? Most governments around the world don't know how they are going to even make pay day.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
then how can the idea of this place being a CIA front be so "insulting"?

By doing so, you are outright calling myself and my staff cheats and liars.

Why is that so difficult to understand the simplicity of the fundamental lack of manners in such actions?

Censorship for ad revenue is what's truly insulting here.

There is none. In fact, there's now been at lest two high-dollar ad campaigns that have been lost because we refused to alter our content... even to the minor degree of removing a thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin
And more importantly, this is a conspiracy site, to take offense to the notion that it could be part of a conspiracy itself is a bit silly, no?

You're depersonalizing it. This is not just a "conspiracy site," it's a labor of love for a few dozen very passionate people who share the same ideals of supporting free expression. Have social graces sunk so low that those advocating their right to come here and toss these insults about cannot understand the horrible etiquette that represents?

Especially with all the over aggressive modding and admins flagging apologies as Extreme T&C Violations, the fequency of out right modded and censored posts about certain specific subjects in general that do not violate the T&C... ya know... the usual...

From our perspective, only those who have exhibited a distinct lack of common decorum and civility end up complaining about the actions of our staff -- who are action on behalf of the Terms & Conditions which expressly indicate we require common decorum and civility.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
For the record, SO, you do get uber defensive which just adds fire to the flames!

I'm primarily defensive because someone needs to speak up for the collection of people I have come to admire and respect: our staff. These unfounded accusations are direct insults to each and every one of them.

Catch-22.

If I defend the claims... I'm guilty.

If I don't defend the claims... I'm guilty.

If I allow the discussion... I'm guilty.

If I removing the discussion... I'm guilty.

Since I'm already damned of I do, and damned of I don't, I may as well stand up and defend my friends.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I find it interesting that SkepticOverlord would be insulted by the question of CIA involvement.

I find it interesting you would think I might not be.

The best way to handle these uncomfortable and inevitable questions would be with a little self deprecating humor.

We've been there. Done that. Nothing works.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

CIA run site?....who cares baby, you've got yourself a damned hot thread !!!

Now I'm certainly not saying that ATS has any government run connection. Cos that would incur the wrath of SkepticOverlord and his ave looks scary

BUT it certainly would'nt suprise me if TPTB were using ATS as a means to compile profiles of many of us on here, not me of course cos I don't think BTS really interests them

edit on 1-7-2011 by uk today because: Just joining Skeptic and Overlord together...no gap anymore

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It looks as though you are a prime canidate for one of Obama's intern camps.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
For the record, SO, you do get uber defensive which just adds fire to the flames!

I'm primarily defensive because someone needs to speak up for the collection of people I have come to admire and respect: our staff. These unfounded accusations are direct insults to each and every one of them.

Catch-22.

If I defend the claims... I'm guilty.

If I don't defend the claims... I'm guilty.

If I allow the discussion... I'm guilty.

If I removing the discussion... I'm guilty.

Since I'm already damned of I do, and damned of I don't, I may as well stand up and defend my friends.

Better to be guilty of spreading freedom and open government than to be guilty of the sin of oppression.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
It's strange though we can talk about all conspiracies but not conspiracy regarding ATS.

Terms & Conditions

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

The "conspiracy regarding ATS" is false, has never been proven, and is constantly shown to be idiocy.

For the most part, we allow discussions like this to continue (as you're seeing here), however, "ATS IS DA GOV" styled posts and threads that are nothing more than drive-by juvenile insults are often removed quickly.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

There is no doubt in my mind that ATS is not what it seems. The purpose of this type of website is two-fold. (1) Controlling and filtering the flow of information. There is no better way to control the flow of information than to be a fundamental player in it's dissemination. Disappearing threads are quite common, and sock-puppetry is rampant. (2) Data-Mining

I for one think ATS is in league with the MSM! There are several times a story has broken here, and letting our hardworking community vet it, the story then pops up a few days later on FOX or CNN.

And who controls the MSM? Maybe we should ask that "Media Insider" who wasted 13 pages of prime online real estate saying basically nothing.

The above two quotes are winning. What better way to test the mainstream information waters than by throwing the product to those who believe their own shadows harbor evil intentions? The issue is not if ATS is a propaganda/data mining site; and the issue certainly is not how the owner defends the allegations, either by using ill advised analogies or by feeling insulted and whatnot.

Do you think real conspiracy investigators really care who is behind this or any other site? They're just happy to have an outlet to vent their repressed frustrations. Hey, they'll talk to the Devil himself, if he has time to listen during these busy days.

The real issue here is the alarming plummeting quality of ATS threads. What exactly is to be done about the uncontrolled infestation of garbage threads? Which leads me to agree wholeheartedly with the quote below:

and I hope he does more similar actions in the future, because ats needs to be censored if they wish to continue their future on the Internet.

ATS needs big time censorship. I'd say about 70% of the material on ATS needs to be scrapped and removed from the virtual world. Or instead, start a second site and shovel all the dunk over there. Unfortunately, it does not look like ATS will take this direction because they are targeting the casual arm chair conspirator and have arguably thrown the more talented investigators under the bus.

Another site with more strict membership requirements (based on ATS reputation and seniority, etc.) to segregate the real investigators from the one trick ponies seems to be the only solution at this juncture to increase quality. This other site should also give members powers to vote other members off.

This is what is wrong with ats, no limit to information can lead to insanity.

Only if you're insane to begin with.

CIA run site?....who cares baby, you've got yourself a damned hot thread !!!

To put it another way, if ATS being a CIA run site is the biggest of my problems, then I will probably lead a very charmed life. Also, I am not too worried about discovering the ATS staff being deceptive in its business practices or using this machine for a political agenda. When you pay the bills, you call the shots. Unless you're in on the game, why would you care one way or another?

The owner is doing the correct thing here by letting the thread run, instead of stomping on it from the get go. He's squeezing it out for a buck and also increasing speculation about the site, which is a win-win for the Corp. It's classic marketing strategy, at the same time providing digestible content.

Now if he would just stop with the bad analogies like house parties, bars, sexual predator neighbors and stop acting like some jilted Conspiracy Chick when someone suspects his organization of underhanded dealings.

Of course, this is also a classic maneuver to deflect negative attention away from his "staff" and onto himself. This is why other "staff" members have chimed in and used the "having a bad day" argument for scrubbing legit material from threads. The owner has a corporate marketing background - 'nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join