It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Declares Independence from International Banks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

www.blacklistednews.com

Iceland is free. And it will remain so, so long as her people wish to remain autonomous of the foreign domination of her would-be masters — in this case, international bankers.

On April 9, the fiercely independent people of island-nation defeated a referendum that would have bailed out the UK and the Netherlands who had covered the deposits of British and Dutch investors who had lost funds in Icesave bank in 2008.

At the time of the bank’s failure, Iceland refused to cover the losses. But the UK and Netherlands nonetheless have demanded that Iceland repay them for the “loan” as
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hooray for Iceland!

This small nation is the ONLY country whose people and government have the nerve to stand up to the international banking cartels and tell them in no uncertain terms "You lost the money, you pay it back"

Privately owned and run financial institutions are in the words of the article threatening to wage economic war if they are not bailed out.

The question is why we stand for it?

Greedy swine who invent ways to make money on paper to earn vast bonuses, whilst building a gigantic house of cards, no longer just want bailouts, they now EXPECT them, and in the process, whilst we are bailing them out, they themselves are carrying on making huge paper profits, whilst turning a blind eye to the mess they created in the first place, whilst also foreclosing at ever increasing rates on those without power who fail to make a single payment.

Enough is enough - it's time we took back our wealth, and changed the law to stop this kind of confidence scheme, because that's what it is, a massive con run by the bankers, for the benefit of banks, whilst at the same time bleeding us dry for every penny they can.

In a climate where banks are still making huge "profits" we are still throwing money at them.

Banks are no longer the institutions they are supposed to be - they are now a focus for the massive con trick that is "drip down" economics, but in reality the poor keep getting poorer and the rich keep getting richer whilst the poor end up paying every time the house of cards collapses, and the rich laugh all the way to the bank.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30/6/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Didnt they do that few months ago?

Im travelling to work at moment, but when i get home ill post the link a i remember sharing it out to twitter and fb. May have been march or earlier.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Just read the article -- a worthy topic.

I wish we had had the guts to do the same, but we have so many corrupt politicians who have sold their country out for personal gain.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by budski

Just read the article -- a worthy topic.

I wish we had had the guts to do the same, but we have so many corrupt politicians who have sold their country out for personal gain.

We have been fed a drip diet via the MSM that if a bank collapses it would be a disaster for the country (in whichever country you are) which begs the question of why we have central banks.

If a bank is in danger of going under, or bancrupt to use the correct term, all it's assets should be frozen and the money paid out to the account holders who can then put their money in a more secure bank - in other words, one that takes less risks.

Banks should be treated the very same as any other private company, and fall or stand on their own merits.

I have not used a conventional bank for many years, preferring instead to put my money in a local credit union, which then uses my money (but still guaranteed) to make small loans to people who need them providing they meet certain criteria.
The Credit Union I use is underwritten by the Co-Operative bank, which is one of the more morally sound institutions.

I would urge people to do the same insofar as they can - although government in the UK is attempting to make it harder for Credit Unions to be formed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Link to original thread back in April
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I haven’t followed this all that closely but reading around and from what I can remember it seems that the EEA treaty does oblige Iceland to guarantee the first €20,000 of deposits in Icelandic banks. You can argue the logic of agreeing to this but the fact remains that they did.

The EEA also states that governments cannot discriminate against foreign depositors which is what the Icelandic government is doing by guaranteeing Icelandic deposits but not those from abroad.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
How long until Iceland is declared a rogue terrorist state & is invaded.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
^ Does it have any oil?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Which is why, the people, must practice a little civil disobedience. In my opinion, one way to go about this is quit using their paper money to do things. Yes, I understand it is not possible to live our lives without that paper. But, what we can do in certain situations is use the barter system amongst ourselves. As an example, you have a shovel and I want it, but I have no money and you tell me your computer is broken. So, you give me the shovel and I fix your computer and we both win. While this may not seem to be a very significant, it does however keep us from feeding the machine and it prevents the flow of cash, exactly what TPTB do not want. This may not work on the global level, but on small scale and among ourselves and communities it could make a difference, and seeing how it takes even the smallest community to make up the global picture, if this caught on it would filter throughout the entire playing field. It probably would not get rid of "money" as we know it, but if we can at least disrupt their system and cause TPTB to jump through hoops, then we will be making a difference. If we can make TPTB make adjustments to their system based off of what we do then that is a good thing. Basically, our goal would be to cause them problems and force them to react to us, whereas now, they make the changes and forces us to react to what they do, we can reverse that.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh great!
Now not only do i have to poop my pants when I get on a plane because of the Muslim threat,...I now have to check under my bed for the Nordic threat too?

Why isn't my country protecting me?!

edit on 30-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is good to hear that there is still some intelligent life left in this world who is not afraid to stand up for what is right. If there was more of it the world would not be in the position in the first place.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This was the second time the voted on this.

It seems clear that the media pablum and the threats of institutionalized banking masters hold less sway than they had hoped.

Funny how people think the people of Iceland got their money from the bank.

It was the bank that took the money from the people... and once it was squandered in self-perpetuating racketeering, they virtually demanded to take their losses from the people again!

Wealth is derived from the people, NOT the bank. All the bank does is print notes and pretend the money is somehow "theirs."

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Go Iceland!

How will Iceland work, in terms of taxes & other private debts that has, or will be accrued before/in future?

Sorry, I'm not sure how it all works out from now on.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Iceland will simply become an isolated backwater state. Well, there's always ice fishing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Considering what the rest of the world is going through, being in that position could be the best thing for them. Maybe others will see that as the best solution and join the ranks of telling the banks to piss off.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Nothing much will happen. The UK and Holland will continue to huff and puff. The icelandic public will continue to collectively say 'talk to the hand'.

The world will continue on as before.

The only people being stiffed are British and Dutch taxpayers and the rest of the world isn't too fussed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

It failed in Ireland. And it's failing in Greece.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with bankers, this is an issue between depositors and the governments that agreed to insure them.

Iceland agreed to insure all bank deposits up to at least €20k, they are reneging on that agreement; there is nothing good or right in that.

You can ask why the people of Iceland should pay for what was Icesave’s mistakes but since Icesave no longer exists and its assets having already been stripped to pay Icelandic depositors then the question is irrelevant.

You can equally ask why British and Dutch taxpayers should pay up when Iceland agreed to cover deposits in Icelandic banks.

You could say that all deposits should be written off but then why should the depositors lose their money when they placed their money with Icesave with the understanding that Iceland would insure their deposits?

As far as I can see this boils down to Iceland being happy to play by the rules only so long as it suits them. They signed up to the EEA treaty and reaped all the benefits that came with it but now don’t want to live up to the responsibilities.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
How long until Iceland is declared a rogue terrorist state & is invaded.

Didn't you hear? Iceland was essentially declared a terrorist state in 2008! I'm still reeling from the audacity of it! news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join