It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Government Buys Up Australian Farmland To Develop Coal Mines AND TO GROW FOOD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wasn't there an article/thread a week or so ago about Australia announcing the movement of most military bases to the North and West because of growing potential military threats from countries such as India and China? The USA has set up special economic zones around the States and purportedly China has/is purchasing 50 square miles in Idaho. Yet our MSM is reporting potential conflict with China.....
1 + 1 doesn't equal 2....
A government would not allow the selling of these lands to an enemy unless...
Is China holding something over our governments heads?
Is there a world wide plan that has been agreed that we are not aware of?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Here's a couple more articles on it:

Chinese land grab tests farming dynasties

Probe into possible foreign investment loopholes after China land buyout

Let's hope this get's more attention so this silly $234m cutoff can be reduced.

Not everyone will get excited by this thread, so maybe one question may?

Why would a government of a sovereign (sic) nation hide the identitys of those from foreign nations ....BUYING OUT LAND .......... that by definition should remain in that nations ownership?

Unless ? some were getting rich? by the sale of that land ? to communists?

ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FAIR ...not ADVANCE SOME AUSTRALIANS WHO SELL FAIR TO THE CHINESE ?

edit on 29/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I knew about this, & have been complaining to the 'sheeple' I know about this, for well over 3 years.

I know there have been a few posts lately about this happening in the US & other countires. Why we Australians dont stand up stuns me. Which Aussie doesnt make the joke about Japan owning the Gold Coast ?

China is not stupid, they may take the easy road when it comes to stealing the technology/patents of other countires, but I cant believe any (then again, I belive it with Australias current Govt) nation would be so naive to think that China is buying all our farmland for the purpose of simply 'buying a farm'.

Australia has been selling its 'national icons' to foreigners far too easily the past decade at least. Vegemite, only we eat it, but we dont own the right to it, the US does. How can it be a national icon if another nation owns its name ? This isn't anit-American, I have no doubt this is the same for most nations, but we just cant help ourselves down here.

For example. The humble Ugg Boot. It is a standard design sheepskin boot, made & sold by MANY Australian companies, but some #%*#%@ decided (illegally in my opinion) to sell the name 'Ugg Boot' to some American. Now, only this american company can sell under that Australian name, & to a considerably lower standard. What a load of &^%$. Australia has sold so much of its heritage that Im almost ashamed to be an Aussie, & I proudly am a Veteran.

All of the world has to stop being American (sorry, but its true, you are so letigious), stop making stupid legal claims, stop selling our nations icons, & in essence, stop selling our assets to other nations. China has made us all look like fools, they are buying everything they can, from apartments to entire farms (& if you think they are big in the USA, look here, our biggest farm is about the size if Texas, or is that China's farm) & unless we break laws, they own us !

All countries, not just Australia, need to have the simple law that national icons, & a certain percentage of farmland, mining & general property, must be limited by a certain percentage to ensure that, if TSHTF, no country can say, "well we own it, you idiots sold it all to us, go screw yourself".

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

You make good points but sadly ....and if you are genuine , just meditate on this....its gone beyond what you speak.

The Australian Nation has been offered as a sacrifice .....listen to that, let it sink in.

In twenty years the intellectuals will write if they are allowed in exile.

We are sold and delivered to China.

Nonsense? ....no sorry its been done.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
i did hear about tony windsor today buying 4 massive farms out bush today for more than they are worth. they are currently looking into why? if its found he had inside information then he should be bankrupted.

Do you have a link to this information or anything else to back up the claims?

If true it would be huuuuuge! Then the question would arise..."Who gave him the inside info?"

If Labour, then it would be all over for them in a heartbeat....the public would physically throw them out of office for selling us to the Chinese......

Id like to look into this avenue more as Im sure others would too.

Andrew Bolt is getting onto this bandwagon aswell....he's a great journalist to keep tabs on with all this stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

i did hear about tony windsor today buying 4 massive farms out bush today for more than they are worth. they are currently looking into why? if its found he had inside information then he should be bankrupted.

Do you have a link to this information or anything else to back up the claims?

If true it would be huuuuuge! Then the question would arise..."Who gave him the inside info?"

If Labour, then it would be all over for them in a heartbeat....the public would physically throw them out of office for selling us to the Chinese......

Id like to look into this avenue more as Im sure others would too.

Andrew Bolt is getting onto this bandwagon aswell....he's a great journalist to keep tabs on with all this stuff.

Its true its been all over 2GB today and certainly raises some interesting questions that can hopefully bring down the govt

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thats absolutely shocking new about Tony Windsor.

To add to this, I thought I'd post some quotes from Andrew Bolts comments off his blog today about the whole China fiasco -

We'll give China the coal we'll ban for ourselves

CHINA isn’t just buying up the farm here - literally - but is rubbing our face in our suicidal stupidity.

Politicians are suddenly panicking that foreigners could own much of our best farmland, with our crops no longer our own in an increasingly hungry world. Yes, it’s a worry, especially when the new owners are not shareholders, open to the best price, but an aggressive state.

Has the penny dropped with you yet? That’s right: China has shown that the Gillard Government deceived you in selling its carbon dioxide tax. It actually plans to burn a lot more coal, not less, because only an idiot would “de-carbon” the economy, and switch to ruinously more expensive sources of power. An idiot like a Labor politician.

So, while China uses a cheap form of power, we’ll force ourselves on to more expensive ones. We’ll deliberately make ourselves poorer, and less able to compete with China and other competitors. And what will a richer China be able to do to a poorer Australia? Buy up even more of the farm, and our factories, too. To sum up: if it all works out to plan, China will use the cheap Australian coal that Australia will forbid itself. All this, when the world still hasn’t warmed in a decade, and the Government plans a tax that wouldn’t stop it anyway. We’ve gone mad, you know.

Mad! Your absolutely right Andrew....Mad for voting in these traitors!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Ive got a pretty good feeling that this govts days are truly numbered ,they are stumbling from 1 disaster to the next,and are showing no signs of slowing up and personally i have never seen so much anger in australian society as im seeing now and im 46

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Australia-China trade breaks $100bn mark

(AFP)

www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gjbvze9sK0-LAFYW1ISENvirEAzw

SYDNEY — Australia's two-way trade with China topped Aus$100 billion ($US105.64 billion) for the first time last year, data showed Wednesday, with surging coal and iron ore exports boosting national coffers.

Total trade with China, Australia's top partner, grew 23.6 percent in 2010 to $105.3 billion, accounting for 19.1 percent of all imports and exports, the foreign office said in its annual trade report.

(...)

Resources shipments saw total exports to China spike 34.3 percent from 2009 levels, with the value of iron ore exports up 64.3 percent on-year at $49.4 billion and coal 8.9 percent higher at $43 billion.

(...)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Australia-China trade breaks $100bn mark

(AFP)

www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gjbvze9sK0-LAFYW1ISENvirEAzw

SYDNEY — Australia's two-way trade with China topped Aus$100 billion ($US105.64 billion) for the first time last year, data showed Wednesday, with surging coal and iron ore exports boosting national coffers.

Total trade with China, Australia's top partner, grew 23.6 percent in 2010 to $105.3 billion, accounting for 19.1 percent of all imports and exports, the foreign office said in its annual trade report.

(...)

Resources shipments saw total exports to China spike 34.3 percent from 2009 levels, with the value of iron ore exports up 64.3 percent on-year at $49.4 billion and coal 8.9 percent higher at $43 billion.

(...)

The problem is that there will be less and less trade because they are simply buying the mines outright

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Aussies, you are not alone.

Your cousins in Canada have been dealing with similar issues.

The Alberta Tar Sands... owned by a variety of oil producing countries. Not Canadians.
Our timber in the west? I believe America called dibs on it.
The 407 series highway is own by Belgium I believe...
All that freshwater? I believe Canada is going to be strong armed by America, Russia and China into giving it up.

That is just off the top of my head.

I understand your pains and anger...

Oh, and London Stock Exchange wants to buy out the Toronto Stock Exchange...
LINK
edit on 29/6/2011 by InnerTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sounds like them lucky Australians are being colonized by the Chinese. Won't be long and they'll be bringing in Chinese workers to work the farms too.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Chinese workers, well I understand that this is already happening in the WA mining sector? They bring them in and they put us out of work, can any one say other wise? Sydney is like china town, go to any of the markets in South Australia and the biggest one is like spot the traditional Aussie good luck. It feels like you are in Asia. My this country has changed in such a few years, due to dishonest, greedy, inept and sometimes corrupt politicians and an apathetic public. I am just waiting till our road signs are also in Chinese or some other countries language that one will be worth a laugh.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
this may sound stupid but i have watched a couple of shows regarding the whole 2012 thing. there are many that say it doesnt mean the "end of the world" but the end of an era. i am now thinking that this is what is faced next year. the end of all countries standing on their own. the whole globalization new world order coming into effect by the end of next year. if you look around the world, so many countries are close to collapse. australia is doing very poorly. lots dont realise yet but so many in australia are going broke and fast. i know this because my husband works in the meat industry. people that used to buy steak are now buying sausages. he is embarressed by his job these days. people have $20 in their hand expecting thats what it will cost and he has to say "thats $38.00". they just say oh and get more money. the look on their face says it all. lots of people are just putting up a front at the moment. not saying how bad they are doing it. but its coming.....a tsunami of debt and bankruptsies is heading our way.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This morning on 3AW radio, Neil Mitchell is going to bring up a report about how Qatar is buying up 10,500 hectares of farmland in Victorias West to farm food that theywill ship back to Qatar.......same thing that the Chinese are doing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

this may sound stupid but i have watched a couple of shows regarding the whole 2012 thing. there are many that say it doesnt mean the "end of the world" but the end of an era. i am now thinking that this is what is faced next year. the end of all countries standing on their own. the whole globalization new world order coming into effect by the end of next year. if you look around the world, so many countries are close to collapse. australia is doing very poorly. lots dont realise yet but so many in australia are going broke and fast. i know this because my husband works in the meat industry. people that used to buy steak are now buying sausages. he is embarressed by his job these days. people have $20 in their hand expecting thats what it will cost and he has to say "thats $38.00". they just say oh and get more money. the look on their face says it all. lots of people are just putting up a front at the moment. not saying how bad they are doing it. but its coming.....a tsunami of debt and bankruptsies is heading our way.

Not everyone wants to read the truth like you write, but t I hear you, and believe me you are not alone .

The Communists didn't die when the wall came tumblin down.
They didn't surrender when the soviet bloc divided.
They implanted new believers with power.
Then they dictated the tasks to be done.
Until alll the world under no God but" free trade" sic are one.

Stalins ultimate tactical ploy....think deep about it, Think everyone ?
edit on 30-6-2011 by Dr Expired because: added word

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Our governments crap on about sustainability yet this tactic is nothing more than short term cash (which this government is addicted to spending) at the cost of long term economic strength.

We should be much richer, both as individuals and as a country but we are so over regulated (over governed etc etc) that the country's overheads are disproportionately high. Our "she'll be right" attitude has allowed the wrong people to attain power under the false assumption they share the overall good intentions of the average Australian.

We need to cull some government. Preferably reduce the size of our federal government and curb wasteful spending.

As if that's going to happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Sounds like them lucky Australians are being colonized by the Chinese. Won't be long and they'll be bringing in Chinese workers to work the farms too.

Uuh its already fact, and the Federal Government in the last Budget(sic) announced in full glare that up to 16,000 foreign (ie Chinese or Indian ) workers can be employed on mine projects that do not exceed some conveniently hign monetary figure.

I know we have been sacrificed to the altar of US/Anglo?Chinese relations to stall ww3 but sadly so many dense ones cannot join the dots, as they suck their thumbs of naivety.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It is very amusing that the pollies wages, legal and underhanded profits go up. While the average Australian's goes down. The Eureka Stockade was a long time ago, its been a long while since Australians have shown much gumption, perhaps its all the fluoride, female hormone from the pill and the fracking fluids in the waters we drink, that has enabled a country of triers and keep it fair dinkum that has enabled this. I am at a loss as to how the public has sat back and watched their children's future being sold off, to share holders and other countries because some incompetent minister thinks its good for us, or should I say his share portfolio.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

Sad to say Aussies are blind at heart, they say 'nah the magpies are no worse than the Galahs" so be it.

Awaken Diggers ...nah the Chinese pay us more for now.

We will sleep and let our treachery of the fallen cover us until we suffocate on shame.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join