It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Government Buys Up Australian Farmland To Develop Coal Mines AND TO GROW FOOD

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It was announced yesterday on the national news in Australia that some 83% of Australian mining assets are owned by those who are not Australian.

Is this fair on the next generation of Australians?

It has also been revealed that Chinese .... Private ....Companies(sic) are buying up struggling Aussie Farmers land by offering way above market value prices.... why?

To develop COAL MINES , they buy up the surrounding likely to be impacted farmland as well in order to circumnavigate environmental and hazard concerns.

The PROPOSED CARBON TAX has been big news in Australia ....yet they are allowing the COMMUNIST CHINESE GOVERNMENT with one of the BEST HUMANITARIAN RECORDS ON EARTH.....to buy out vast quantities of land so they can mine COAL.....on Farmland.

Of course they are also buying out Farmland to grow crops in Australia, at a time when the Average Aussie cannot eat the good cuts of meat because they are too expensive, when aussies can't buy their own oranges because they are exported ect ect.

Australia is now in fact one of the very few nations that allow Foreigners to buy land .

New Zealand their closest cousin forbids it.

But Australia is allowing wholesale buy outs.

Oh and you ask but checks must be carried out?

Only individual buy outs of land totalling over approx 275 million dollars require recording or checks.....yes thats right this is not made up.....the Australian Government allows any foreign person to buy vast amounts of land without security checks, if the transaction amount does not exceed 275 million dollars AUD.

IS THIS TREASON????

I do not know , but I wonder what all those Australians who died in the Korean and Vietnam War would have to say?
I abhor communism the Jackboot grinding humanitys face into the dirt forever( George Orwell Paraphrase ) but it appears Australians do not mind in the slightest if their Nation is being sacrificed on the altar of 'The Global Economy" ?

Kangaroo Suey and Fried Rice anyone?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Just wait until they sell you their drywall...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
AUSTRALIAN HAS BECOME THE WHORE TO THE HIGHEST INTERNATIONAL BIDDER.

In this case it is China.

If this current labour government doesnt get thrown out of office soon we are all done for.

Edit: The Greens have the current government by the nuts from the 1st of July having the balance of power in government....we think it was disastrous so far, just wait till Bob Brown starts pushing his extremist Green policies through.

The hypocrisy is ludicrous...... The Greens/Labour want to close down our Coal powered electricity stations under the proposed Carbon Tax yet allow China to buy up farm land to dig up Coal to ship back to China to burn.

We need people power to throw these maggots out of office!
edit on 29/6/11 by Melbourne_Militia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So why is it that the Chinese can invest heavily in coal here in Oz, while Australian companies are being pressured to move away from it to cleaner energy?
One law for us and obviously no law for others.

But then again, coal and farming are huge carbon emitters, so maybe the Chinese will be paying huge amounts of carbon tax if and when it's introduced? Could be why the government is keeping mum about it for now?

And yes, it is treason. But we've been sold out ever since Australian manufacturing companies were left to swing in the breeze when tariffs were abolished a few decades ago and we were the only ones practicing fair trade at a disadvantage as our competitors had government protection.

Unfortunately, both major parties are in bed together on certain issues, so there is no alternative to protect Australians from the Globalists in Canberra.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Do you have any articles about the farm land being bought up?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I guess this is one

Shorten defends foreign ownership of farmland

Wednesday, 29/06/2011

www.abc.net.au/rural/news/content/201106/s3256593.htm

The Federal Government has defended the increase in foreign ownership of farmland, saying Australian assets have often belonged to overseas interests.

The NSW Government is calling for a review of such ownership, citing the case of Chinese company Shenhua Coal, which has purchased 43 farms near Gunnedah at a cost of $213 million.

(...)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Here comes the best bit , that they don't want us to join the dots up using.

MINED COAL DOES NOT ATTRACT A CARBON TAX....think about it.

In the new world of CARBON TRADING .......they might mine coal in Australia and then SELL IT TO AUSTRALIA.....they are offsetting their pollution by MINING RAW COAL that does not attract a CARBON TAX.

It is the biggest conspiracy in Australia for decades, but most Australian Journalists won't join the dots for the great Aussie Public ,because ?

ITS A CONSPIRACY.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
reply to post by Chadwickus

I guess this is one

Shorten defends foreign ownership of farmland

Wednesday, 29/06/2011

www.abc.net.au/rural/news/content/201106/s3256593.htm

The Federal Government has defended the increase in foreign ownership of farmland, saying Australian assets have often belonged to overseas interests.

The NSW Government is calling for a review of such ownership, citing the case of Chinese company Shenhua Coal, which has purchased 43 farms near Gunnedah at a cost of $213 million.

(...)

Thanks mate

Iam dislexic on such things, but believe me that is the tip of the Minesite BUYOUT.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
But we've been sold out ever since Australian manufacturing companies were left to swing in the breeze when tariffs were abolished a few decades ago and we were the only ones practicing fair trade at a disadvantage as our competitors had government protection.

You hit the nail on the head mate......our industry when downhill and offshore to China ever since the tarriffs were reduced as "they" put it.....to make alevel and competitive playing field. Economic suicide if you ask me.

Keeping tarrifs high keeps the local manufacturing industry working for a profit, keeps your citizens employed, keeps the money in the country. Keeps people spending more money because they are employed. But that doesnt fit into the globalist agenda. All this is about keeping the top 1% even richer. Whilst the rest suffer andloose their jobs.

Originally posted by Flighty
Unfortunately, both major parties are in bed together on certain issues, so there is no alternative to protect Australians from the Globalists in Canberra.

Makes me wonder if there has been a long term agenda to appease China by both sides of politics, more evident with the extreme left leaning stance of the current government.

Heres an article from the Rural Newspaper the Weekly Times -

China accused of Land Grab

THE Chinese Government is buying Australian farms and Australian law offers no avenue to stop it, says Liberal Senator Bill Heffernan.

Senator Heffernan told Parliament last week that James Cook University Director of the Centre for AusAsia Business Studies, Professor Zhangyue Zhou, said the Chinese Government was aiming to acquire land for its own food security.

"We should have some sort of oversight of who is buying and acquiring our agricultural and water resources," Senator Heffernan said in Parliament.

He told The Weekly Times a foreign government "could buy every property down the Murrumbidgee River".

The potential is there for foreign ownership to buy the best farming land in Australia and for that food to be sent overseas leaving us Aussies having to import food back into the country...WTF is that mate?

"Why don't we instead fix our policy on foreign ownership before we have to have a super profits tax on our land and water resources (that are bought by foreign investors)."

And regarding the issue related to buying up farms to mine coal -

Chinese mine giant snaps up 43 NSW Farms

A CHINESE government-controlled mining giant has spent $213 million buying up 43 farms so it can explore for coal outside the NSW township of Gunnedah.

A NSW title search reveals that Shenhua Watermark Coal carried out a two-year spending spree in 2009 and 2010, making some of the sellers instant millionaires.

Shenhua Watermark Coal -- a subsidiary of the world's biggest coal company, Shenhua Energy -- is seeking NSW government approval for a coalmine on the Liverpool Plains, surrounding Gunnedah.

The Chinese government-controlled company has paid the NSW government $300m for an exploration licence covering 19,500ha, and promised not to mine within 150m of the productive "black soil" farming country.

But data sourced from the Land Titles Office reveals the company has bought out 43 farmers in the past two years, in another case of a mining company encroaching on farmland. Gunnedah Mayor Adam Marshall said the mining proposal was dividing the community. "Feelings are mixed," Mr Marshall said yesterday.

In my opinion this is globalisation gone mad......profit before anything else. The Australian Government is totally addicted to the income stream that foreign mining giants are bringing into this country. But at what expense?

How long can we keep whoring ourselves to the highest bidder for?

All the mining in this country should be done by Australian owned and operated mining companies, then the goods sold to the highest bidder.

Treason!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
China has a distinct advantage over western nations when it comes to exploiting other countries' resources. Instead of a hundred multi-national corporations battling over the same finite amount of resources, China is like it's own corporation, operating for the good of the whole country. This is the vestiges of the communist society, infused with capitalism.

Using the country's wealth as a whole, it is buying up vast tracts of land and resources all over the world.

I realize that a middle class is rising in China, but there is less cut-throat competition within China itself when it comes to buying up international assets.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Whilst I do not in anyway condone Kangaroos carrying Machine guns, you have spoken the correct words Mr Kangaroo "TREASON".

Australians built this nation on the "Fair Go".

Now as John Williamson so eloquently put it 'Did they sell you out like Sponge Cakes ? just another dying ...race?

Yes we ARE, we have been sold to the CHINESE COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT for better or for worse.

To all the ANZAC dead" SORRY" we like MONEY.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i too am absolutely horrified by whats going on. this whole globalization is just screwing us. i was only thinking a couple of things this morning...

1/ remember back in the 80's when computers were just getting started we were all told at school that we wont have jobs because of them. well now all they do is send our jobs overseas. two big banks who have 11b in profit announced yesterday they are sending more jobs overseas.

2/ we now send our food overseas just to buy it back in cans and jars...doesnt make sense.

3/ we are now selling all our land so all these other countries can dig up our coal and grown their own food.

in the end....we have no jobs - no food - and no land to grown any on. doesnt make sense.

time we all took to the streets!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Everything you said made sense . but unfortunately what is happenning does make sense.

The profiteers ....those who made fortunes selling arms and materials to the enemy as well as their compatriots ,in military and economic realms, see us a s a miniscule economic component compared to the Billions Of Chinese and Indian consumers.

We are the DEAD.....and we need to read Orwell to know of this.

Its just we do not yet know it, for we believe in fairy tales of patriosim and a government that represents its own people not the foreign interests that lubricate the Palms.

WE ARE THE DEAD.....know this and the horror of Communism you will realise.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Mate, that whole post put it all in a nutshell.
It's enough to make you weep.
How these people who we elect to represent us sleep at night is totally beyond me.
It's Treason all right and I hope oneday soon, they pay big time for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Kangaroo Suey and Fried Rice anyone?

I thought they had solved the Food Shortage problem?

Bon Apetite

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
in my humble opinion it all comes down to greed. pure and simple greed. whoever can screw you to make a buck will do it in a heart beat. i reckon there is only about 10% of people left who simply are happy as long as they have a roof over their head and food on the table.

i did hear about tony windsor today buying 4 massive farms out bush today for more than they are worth. they are currently looking into why? if its found he had inside information then he should be bankrupted.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
If this current labour government doesnt get thrown out of office soon we are all done for.

Be careful. This may just be another way to manipulate the masses into voting the other lot in.

They don't represent the interests of the average Australian either.

The media are subliminally influencing people to vote liberal. A headline I noticed with Gillard and the words "FLYING", and beneath it "START". I flashed the headline quickly at a four people to test them (I knew what it meant) and 3 of them thought it said "LYING TART".

Labour nor Liberal represent the people. They both do as they are told from above. Don't vote - it will only encourage them.

I don't care who grows what here as long as it isn't GM. I couldn't care less about economic consequences because I'm not dependant on the economy for my survival.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Soon it will not matter who the Aussies vote in power, the Chinese Communists will dictate the terms of Power....and no one is seeing it, we have been sacrificed already , to the Chinese, for better or worse.

The CHINESE now control the world economy, and Australia as the sacrifical lamb.

Yet no one will acknowledge it , perhaps in 20 years? when we THE DEAD are THE FORGOTTEN DEAD?

We the west are sold , like cattle , the slaughter will be on our own heads.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
To tru, the slimy Aussie Pollies have been selling our lands of to the Chinese for a while now. Check out Wollar, it was once an Aussie town, now its all owned by a big ugly mine. The farmers sold up, as after the mines bush rangered them with increased employment and a bit of profit making for the greedy they got in.

Bye the end of the day they delivered little, but profit for the share holders, employment for outsiders and now unfordable zero accommodation for the children of the surrounding towns. Those that wanted to stay, had to live with constant noise pollution and coal dust in their water tanks, so the Chinese owned mines payed them out and poof problems have now gone away,

The gas companies are getting into it as well with their profit making from fracking up of the water tables, what a whore my country has become., good on you OP, but as we all know the Aussie public is full of sheeple, we have no guns and as long as sport is on TV she will be rite mate.
edit on 29-6-2011 by marsend because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Here's a couple more articles on it:

Chinese land grab tests farming dynasties

Probe into possible foreign investment loopholes after China land buyout

Let's hope this get's more attention so this silly $234m cutoff can be reduced.

edit on 29/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join