It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian's are the happiest people in the world OECD Confirmation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ok, Aussies are envied all over the world. OECD reports thats Aussies are the happiest people in the world.

I am an Aussie, I can say , that they are not the happiest people in the world.

I say say for a reason.

But first..

This is propoganda at its absolute best. It is designed with the sole intent to make the rest of the world feel miserable. People already feel miserable, well some do, yet these kind of reports do nothing for moral. Imagine not being one of the happiest countries in the world in these times?.

This only confirms the agenda of TPTB. They need a scapegoat and Australia is it. I am sorry to have to report this but it sums up a few days worth of intensive research. There is a massive problem in the world at this time.

Especially when Australia is at the lowest it has ever been, with a governement that is really about to fall apart and people running around like bunnies in headlights trying to make sense of their lives. Misinformed and seeking the truth. Not Happy...

Australians are the happiest in the world

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

That is one big lie. Everyone is struggling here.

Yes Australians are known to be a friendly bunch, but no, at this time, WE ARE NOT HAPPY PEOPLE AT ALL!

Do you think this is some sort of tourism promotion thing? Maybe once people hear about this, they would think coming to aus would make them ''happy people''.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i agree 100% with your views....

Australians are absolutely fed up with this current lying government, its mismanagement of the economy, and the massive increase in the cost of living the last 5 years.

An absolute joke where we have gone within that 5 year period!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I am angered that they are imposing a 'carbon tax' on us.

I want a referendum. I want a vote on this!

I am tired of this 'Nanny' government.
edit on 28/6/2011 by DaMouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Im as MAD AS HELL and im not gonna take this anymore !! "Happy" Yeah right !!

WATCH !!
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7/16/2010 by bjsmi2 because: Cleaned it up...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

I love it! I've seen this before. What movie is it from? I want to watch it.

It is so relevant in today's reality too.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
and the evil queen gillard walked off a cliff

and they all lived happily ever after

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
ha, I'm happy

but I agree OP, what a loada. we aint that happy

Still, we do have a lot to be happy about compared to other countries, that's how I look at.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
Im as MAD AS HELL and im not gonna take this anymore !! "Happy" Yeah right !!

WATCH !!
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7/16/2010 by bjsmi2 because: Cleaned it up...

hadnt seen that

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
and the evil queen gillard walked off a cliff

and they all lived happily ever after

she is going to walk off herself in the next short period....

*** self imposed gag*****

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
hmmm
Im almost afraid to say it....I am very happy, I love living here, there are issues, but I do believe we live a charmed life compared to other countries. Coming from a war torn country, Australia is like paradise.

Apologies for being happy

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Perhaps it's not because we are happy as pigs in poo,maybe it's because our country isn't as bad off as the rest of the world at the moment,would you guy's rather they reworded it to "Australians not as sad as the rest of the world"?
Yeah the filthy lying mole and her carbon tax are no good,but our employment rate is pretty low,interest rates are reasonable and our economy is doing ok,we could be doing a lot worse,

I'm pretty happy with life at the moment,i hope that doesn't offend anyone,
edit on 28/6/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travlla
Yeah the filthy lying mole and her carbon tax are no good,but our employment rate is pretty low,interest rates are reasonable and our economy is doing ok,we could be doing a lot worse,

This is the best thing I have read today...

especially

@ filthy lying mole

wonder if it will survive the T&C

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. Everything here is greatly overpriced- if I want to buy anything I look overseas first. Goods are almost always cheaper even when you include the shipping costs as well.

What is even sillier is that the big stores are all in a huff over us online shoppers getting better deals and putting them out of business! THEY are the ones not competing!

Gerry Harvey of Harvey Norman Electrical is even lobbying for taxes on online purchases because Australians don't want to pay his rip-off prices.

Mad...

Edit: Forgot to mention... When driving along in any suburb, every third house is for sale. People can't afford to keep their homes and no-one can afford to buy from them. Sad times.

PTX
edit on 28/6/2011 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well I guess everyone has different interpretations of happiness...

I tend to never whinge about my problems, because there is always someone worse off than me.

If people want to dwell on the negatives, that's fine I suppose.

I find it a bit self centered personally but like I said, my problems are nothing compared to many others.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm happy.

I can't stand Gillard.

I hate the very thought of a "carbon tax".

I think the ALP are a bunch of morons and the LIB's are only marginally better.

I hate the thought of Australian soldiers in Afghanistan.

Yet...

I live far from the threat of war.

I enjoy eating junk food, drinking beer and spending time with my family.

I can play music on a regular basis, write what I wish and know that I am free from being censored by my gov'.

I can sleep soundly knowing that in an emergency, I can call an Ambulance/Fire Dept' and rely on a Police force to be there to help me when s#it goes down.

I can surf/swim in the ocean without fear of pollution.

I can shop without fear of being ripped off (to an extent).

I can surf the "net" with a high speed link and not have to worry that my ISP/government is watching my every move.

Life is never perfect.....but it is good

I suppose there are always going to be those whose glass is half empty.....mine is half full.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
you make it sound like Australia is in a state of chaos and panic... i'm not sure which part of Australia you live in or what industry you work in or what political views you have but i do not see this.

i am a proud Australian but i am not playing the part of a "proud Australian" in this post, i just don't see it in the community i am in or amongst my friends... we are all happy, yes, we get fed up with day to day life sometimes but when the sun sets on another day we are happy with our lives

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hmpff......how could it not be the happiest place on earth with creatures like this decorating the scenery..

Big deal....get rid of all those cute, fuzzy animals first and than we will see who is the happiest...

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Plus Vegemite makes us happy

or did they lie to us through song ? i hate when they do that

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Happiest would be relative term.

I'm not too happy to be one of the most highly taxed citizens on the planet, or to have the most over inflated housing prices just about anywhere, or to be facing a surge of inflation with interest rates set to soar. Too have policies forced upon us throug lies and backroom corporate deals. To have a government that bends to whims of international interests more than it does it's people and with some serious human rights issues to boot.

Happy or just not paying attention?

But I would be relatively happy compared to some other countries I suppose, It hasn't stopped me considering leaving Australia though.

"It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti
edit on 28-6-2011 by squiz because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join