It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Youtube is another alternative source of info.By the way its not UFO

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by jeanne75018
Please OldCorp, could you display another avatar? Displaying a weapon is not right. I feel it like an aggression towards me.
edit on 28/6/2011 by jeanne75018 because: (no reason given)

Can't you see the smile on my face? Unless you have antlers - or try to take it away from me - you have nothing to fear.

How about this one?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39da479e7cdd.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 6/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)
good answer oldcorp. someone is not too far removed from the apron strings. What a weirdo to even suggest that out of all the people on ATS this wack thinks your "lookin at him"...... lol please...? this is america, jack, land of the brave. how could that statement even be spoken..?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by goldentorch

This is planning not prophecy

So, you think that "they" sat down with a bunch of shepherds, nobodies, and fishermen several thousand years ago in order to write something that "they" wanted to do in the distant future? And no one caught on to this until just now?

Shepherds and fishermen would quite simply have been unable to write. Then as now the fictions written had common people in them in order for the masses to have figures to identify with. Like any authors or playwrights they have merely put words into the mouths of a fairly standard range of archetypes.
For instance the Moses story was also known to Babylon, Ur at one time was part of the Babylonish empire as well as part of Sumer at an earlier stage. Sumerian cuneiform is the earliest texts we have. Abraham as the patriarch of not only the Judeao-Christian tradition but also of the Islamic tradition was born in Ur.
Things that make you go mmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

Youtube is another alternative source of info.By the way its not UFO

Seriously? That's your response?

To me it's the same as any fringe youtube UFO video with the drama ridden background music, bible verses being flashed on the screen, dramatic images shown...ie, integrity level of ZERO.

Look its okay, you're scared and depressed, billions are. But that doesn't make it fine an dandy to just believe the next best person or book, and it certainly does not make it acceptable to let these random people and their interpretations of "holy books" live your life for you or do your thinking for you. That is how your people, Americans, are being tricked into going to war more and more now.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Septuagint Bible is the Koine Greek version of the Hebrew Bible, translated in stages between the 3rd and 1st centuries BCE in Alexandria. And it has a different Amos version then King James Version of the bible that says.
ecmarsh.com...

7:1 Thus has the Lord God shewed me; and, behold, a swarm of locusts coming from the east; and, behold, one caterpillar, king Gog. 2 And it came to pass when he had finished devouring the grass of the land, that I said, Lord God, be merciful; who shall raise up Jacob? for he is small in number. 3 Repent, O Lord, for this. And this shall not be, saith the Lord.

4 Thus has the Lord shewed me; and, behold, the Lord called for judgment by fire, and it devoured the great deep, and devoured the Lord’s portion. 5 Then I said, O Lord, cease, I pray thee: who shall raise up Jacob? for he is small in number. Repent, O Lord, for this. 6 This also shall not be, saith the Lord.

7 Thus the Lord shewed me; and behold, he stood upon a wall of adamant, and in his hand was an adamant. 8 And the Lord said to me, What seest thou, Amos? And I said, An adamant. And the Lord said to me, Behold, I appoint an adamant in the midst of my people Israel: I will not pass by them any more. 9 And the joyful altars shall be abolished, and the sacrifices of Israel shall be set aside; and I will rise up against the house of Jeroboam with the sword.

They came from the east with locut And strange thing is the early Mongolian/Turks would chase locust by burning crops to get rid of the locust and would build locust temples to pray so they would not return There are still locust temples in China. And "one caterpillar, king Gog" makes me think of silk worms. Not to mention the name of the Great Wall of China is called the wall of Magog (Hait Al-Ma'ajooj).

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Still its not UFO

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Mind my english its not my first language(My Grammar is lame).You see you didnt get me at all.I was correcting the OP regarding who really is gog and magog.I was referring from bible quotes and its connections.The only true source you can find Gog & Magog is from the Quran and Hadith.
edit on 28-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think the key here, for some of the ah, snarky naysayers... is that the Bible can be read in many ways, and while it contains much historical fact, as recently proven by acheological verification, much of it contains allegory and deep, esoteric meaning and substance based in mystical Judaism ie: it contains an evolving tradition of potentially illuminating wisdom via initiation into what some refer to as the Wisdom of the Ages, dealing with such things as cosmology, metaphysics, and human potential ie: the evolution of consciousness unto God-conscious realization.

Thus, the simpleton, ignorant POV of some people, that it's just a tool for control and oppression or "fairy tales" created by ignorant people attempting to fathom a meaning and a significance to life where none is to be had, is, well, simplistic and ignorant (uneducated) and belies a type of contempt, prior to investigation sure to keep a person in everlasting ignorance (lack of open mindedness). That said, a purely literalist fundamentalist interpretation is no less ignorant or simplistic and certainly capable of provoking the ire of people who presume to know better the nature and destiny of the human being in creation..! It's pretty sad and pathetic, watching the way some of these threads unfold.

However, I think there is value in the differentiation made apparent by many posters, revealing a split in the human heart and mind, between those who ARE open minded, inquisitive, compassionate, loving even playful, and those who in reaction and response to anything "religious" demonstrate not only a high degree of ignorance and simplemindedness but worse, a hardened heart against anthing of a religious or spiritual nature (the word religion actually means "to rejoin" and the word church, to call out from ie: from an unworkable paradigm).

Of course, at the same time, there's a very fine line between holiness, and assholiness, so I must digress!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is not meant to disparage the beliefs of the OP or any religious person. People are entitled to their faith. I think there is a danger in taking prophecies made in the Bible too seriously. We are told that over 2000 prophecies made in the Bible have been fulfilled to the letter.

If the prophecy about the Gog/Magog war is fulfilled to the letter, then the Iranian armaments of today won't feature in this battle because according to the prophecy this war will will be fought on horseback with antique weapons.

I tried to read the Bible once but I found too many incomprehensibles immediately in the Book of Genesis. I tried to read the Koran a couple of times, but I just couldn't stomach all the fire and brimstone and venom.

I think that people who take these books seriously are in danger of creating "self fufilling" situations, almost reading the prophecies as recipes for disaster which they then proceed to follow.

My two cents worth.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The OP doesn't offer any line of thinking or logical step to follow explaining why Iranian underground missiles lead him to Gog and Magog.

For sure, it would be interesting to know on what the OP's opinion was formed. What's this other bit of proof ? That Iran has weapons ?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by HologramDenier

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Good work and research. I wish I had the time to do what you have done here.

Thats the scary thing about all this, a man with a gun that spends this amount of time on a post like this....

This only took about an hour to create, but still I fail to see the connection between the two. Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you just trolling?

What in that guys problem? That was just a blatant insult towards the topic creator, it was not a critique on the reason, logic or validity of the topic posted, which is what we are here to discuss, i hope i dont see many other people resorting to straw man techniques...

anyway as for my thoughts on the topic you are obviously quite passionate and that i admire. However when talking about religion and current affairs it is very hard to relate the two in my opinion as religion is by nature rather archaic. i am in no way part of any religion (if you understand the word religion to mean a group that follow the same spiritual beliefs and practices) i think the bible is actually a book of metaphor, and well these prophecies may be a metaphor of whats to come but they are by no means a set of guidelines / predictions (in my opinion). Prophet / prophecy never used to mean accurate predictor / prediction, it has only been in recent times that this understanding has come about, for that reason i question the validity of your topic, on a side note where i was brought up (UK) we dont have guns so it can be rather intimidating to see someone acting so casually around them but it does not offend me, just as clearly as i see a gun i see caring eyes, i see a loving husband and father that uses his weapons to protect rather than to attack. Thats all i really have to say.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Actually if you pay attention to OP and then reference the info to the Bible, you will see what OP is saying.

Pay close attention to where the troops hail from when they settle in the valley of Megiddo to battle.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Posting a reply so it appears in "myATS." I don't really know how to use flags otherwise. Be back later to check it out.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Very Passionate arguments here.

1. There are lies based on truths in religion.
2. How do you know that Ezekiel was not talking about some extraterrestrial entity. (He was the one by the way that saw the "ship" and angels"
3. Why are you wasting so much time and brain power on a question like this....if half of you would focus on the real inequality issues on this planet and put forth YOUR energy into it...we can make it a better place.

All in all good presentation and argument...but your missing the ultimate point and truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Snf for the heads up and an outstanding thread corp. I see the fig tree. I see the signs. I'm looking up. I know what draws near. We should hang out.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For any argument that is presented, and is expected to be considered serious and based on facts, it must have impeccable sourcing, deep research, and at least loosely based on some sort of acceptable science.

If you want to express an opinion, then that is what it is; a personal thought or story from your brain - something YOU feel, something you believe due to experiences and/or based on faith. Humans have a wide-ranging history of these "opinions"; there are folks who truly believe in ghosts, fairies, and magic. This problem makes opinion, without real factual sourcing or research, frankly, hard to believe. This is good, as obviously, there are persons with (shall we say) "unusual" ideas and beliefs, so everyone should take opinion with a grain of salt.

Of course when an argument or proposition is espoused, and sources are given, those sources must pass a litmus test as to truthfulness, non-agenda driven drived facts, and actual facts based on real events or science.

Unfortunately, every single source you refer to fails to even come close. Fox? Seriously - as a source? Other statements you make - massive amounts of biblical "future forecasting" stories and verses "have come true" have no sources. A quick scan of your submission for good sources and statements made on real observable facts makes it very easy to forecast how a deep reading of all of it will go - another opinion submitted and sworn to as factual, with so called "sources" listed to prove it.

Foreseeing a middle east conflict is akin to forecasting that the sun will rise for the next couple of years or that a politician will lie - sure bets are easy. Reporting that its a "stunner" and clear proof of a bible verse's amazing prophesy when Iran puts missles in the ground is just self-delusion. Your sources, submission and ideas belong in the fiction column - opinion's CAN be right - but to think that they are even close to factual is just delusional.

Of course, ATS is predicated on self-delusion, so it was fun to read through your particular fairy tale; from the comic book written by men (not a God) to Fox and the other really hilarous websites you list - what a great ride! Sorry that I must (in my OWN opinion) say that your words are pure fantasy in all ways possible.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I like the way you think AND the way you present your facts and your manner in dealing with anti-Christian trolls...Well Done Sir...and your facts are dead on...Magog is soon to be rolling Southwest
edit on 6/28/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Anyone else thinking the Antichrist (or supposed figure) could come from a Muslim nation or am I interpreting that completely wrong?

Seems to me like these uprisings in the so-called Arab Spring will unite these nations into one big group like a continent within a continent. That's when they'll attack Israel, get their asses handed to them eventually and then a charismatic leader within the Muslim Gathering (as I'll call it for all intents and purposes right now) will be the one to request the peace treaty for 7 years.

Actually the antichrisit is supposed to be from Jewish origin. They will believe him to be the messiah and thus believe him to be Jesus, hence the false messiah and the anti-christ. Christians will realize that they have been duped when the Jewish leader claims to be the messiah. We know that the Son of Mary is not going to be a blood thirsty hungry maniac.

The Gog/Magog are the USA/western nations. The fact of the matter is that after the big war it is Israel that will get their ass handed to them.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

religious nutters like you are going to make sure that the events in scripture are made to come true. I call it a self-realizing prophecy, if it weren't written a long time ago there wouldn't be nutters like you around to make it happen, therefore it wouldn't have happened. Unfortunately the reality is that it is happening, and it is because there are religious people out there who want it to happen, and more than plenty who'll not care if we go down that path because they believe it will happen. Just remember -- whichever one you are it is people like you making it happen through at minimum indifference.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsontoo

I would think his reasoning is obvious , he believes in the bible but if you read his whole post then you would have seen he also trusts in science and that things do evolve and I don't recall your original response to OP being addressed to him alone , not that it matters on an OPEN FORUM.

You talking to me? you talking to me?
I take it you are addressing me specificly No? or is this addressed to everyone because it's a open forum ?
Yeah I think you're talking to me just like my post was addressing the OP.Guess that make's me the hypocrite huh.
If what your preaching was Christ's love you can keep it and God help us all!
edit on 28-6-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join