It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another NASA warning to it's employees in addition to internal memo from earlier this month...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Another NASA "warning" to it's employees- first the video from NASA Director Charles Bolden earlier this month, and now this- why are they pushing this so hard?
And yes I know this sounds like all those boring "Employee Orientation" videos we all have to watch put out by the Human Resources Department- but it seems like NASA really knows something we don't (shocker)- or am I just being (gasp) a conspiracy theorist?

edit on 27-6-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Office "Fly Away Kit."

Bug out bag would have worked just as well.

edit: After watching more of the video, it's pretty clear to me that NASA really does know something.

What I find interesting is that I have or am working towards many of the suggested preparation items in the video such as a seven day supply of food along with heating implements for the food.

I guess I'm better prepared then I thought!

edit on 28-6-2011 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
They are just sending out standard emergency preparedness warnings to THEIR staff!! Or NASA family as they call it.

I don't see anything here. Except paranoia by some individuals stating there "is" something going on here.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I hear the NASA prepare plans are common, any more info on it? Due to the upcoming "active" Hurricane Season, as well as what is going on already with flooding, wildfire, tornado activity,etc, no wonder they released more information. The question still remains, do they know more than what's released to the public?
edit on 28-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

I think it is likely typical as refreshers for staff. It is unusual that this is the 2nd noted time they have done this. The 1st as recent as it was.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
im all for being prepared for a disaster and was a lil skeptical when the first video came out this month and people were saying they know somthing we dont. but this is the second video in a month either nasa doesnt understand the concept of overkill or they might actually know somthing

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This IS some really scary S**T!!

While I came across this thread and video, on the TV right now, is a new program on Nat. Geo. about preping for a disaster.

I honestly think they do know something after this last video. I chalked the first one up as nothing but after this one, not anymore.

Some key phrases I got from this that need to be paid attention to:

- Bring family & pets inside
- Lock doors, windows, vents
- Turn off fans, AC, heating
- Have plenty batteries & flashlights
- Go into an interior room away from windows
- GET PREPAIRED

Nuclear fallout anyone? CME's maybe?

I think it just got real folks!!
edit on 28-6-2011 by chrismicha77 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Maybe you are right.

But FEMA do the same thing about 6 times a year. In fact 5 times a year to THEIR staff!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
i know someone at NASA, and i made a thread about it. they said NASA is worried about comet elenin. i emailed them to get more info, and they said "i've never heard of comet elenin" and gave me a link to a NASA site that said elenin was nothing to worry about.

take that as you will, cuz its all i know.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Need to keep an eye on this kind of stuff..

Maybe its also designed to instill fear and panic into an otherwise normal world.

Why all of a sudden would nasa be telling the truth?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Maybe in addition to it being decent advice, there's been another program to Privatize Government, and some Senator's brother owns a media or video company, gets paid extravagant amounts of money for each "public service" type ad it supplies for NASA and other agencies, and so you can see your tax dollar at work, at least saying something more useful than the old Atomic Bomb advice we used to get in school

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
surely theres some research out there that supports the preparation of high skilled staff because they are the hardest to replace...

There would be no need for mcdonalds to worry about its burger flippers dying from a hurricane.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Some key phrases I got from this that need to be paid attention to:

- Bring family & pets inside
- Lock doors, windows, vents
- Turn off fans, AC, heating
- Have plenty batteries & flashlights
- Go into an interior room away from windows
- GET PREPAIRED

Nuclear fallout anyone? CME's maybe?

I think it just got real folks!!
edit on 28-6-2011 by chrismicha77 because: spelling

I had the same thoughts when I heard those parts as well. Thinking about all the flooding and the Nuclear plants in those areas.

It's possible it is just a preparing reminder to the employees "in case". However, it could also be that they are sending out preparing vids because there is something to prepare for

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Or maybe some NASA officials own stock in Army Navy Surplus stores or survival companies nearby! Scaring people is big business! Look how many predictions get posted on here without result. Anyway, its a good idea to Be Prepared, ala Boy Scouts. Where I live you can get stuck in a blizzard easily, pretty much any time of year if you have bad luck, so extra precautions are genuinely practical for lifesaving, especially your own.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There seems to be a huge campaign for being prepared going on right now. I'm seeing more ads for ready.gov, these NASA videos and right this minute I am watching a show on NAT GEO called Doomsday Preppers. Its basically about families that store food, precious metals, weapons, protective gear and have bug out bags. Then the "experts give each families' plan a rating on a scale of 1-100 and criticizes what they deem are faults in the plan and offer ideas to make it better. Its an interesting program.

Now those who prepare in case of emergency are dubbed preppers. I guess anyone who thinks outside the mainstream needs to be tagged with a moniker by the MSM. The government and MSM promotes Ready.gov and at the same time make people who do prepare in case of the worst out to be extremists.

The good thing out of all this is more people will be ready and right now they're helping the economy by buying suppplies.

Our country (america) was built on freedom and now is being pushed over the edge by fear. Fear of the apocolypse and fear of those who prepare. Its a double edged sword wielded by the rich and powerful to divide and control the populace. Give up your freedoms for security, your happiness for worry, your humanity for survival.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Maybe you are right.

But FEMA do the same thing about 6 times a year. In fact 5 times a year to THEIR staff!!

Where do you get your info at? Any proof that they do this 5 times a year, since it's a fact?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
to the one who asked does nasa know more than the public. teh answer is yes... its obv.. the federal governemnt controls nasa... w.e they dont want released,they wont have released, its also clear they do from all teh smudging of teh planets and trying to cover up geometrecal shapes on the moon and mars.. good enough for you?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
if you visit some of the links from this thread - which IMO is one of the best on ATS right now;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you could join some dots

one of the linked articles - the "boeing whistleblower" (which is quite long and has some wierd infererences at the end) indicated that a lot of NASA folks actually want to tell us what is going on

apparently they have deliberately left images on the stereo archives that anyone can view in the hope that we will figure it out

we live in a world where people say things without saying them, and say things by saying them - I think folk on ATS can see the subtle messages in what we hear from time to time from the likes of NASA

one of the key prompts from the boeing article was "watch the shuttle program and the ISS" - "they will stop going into space as we get closer to the EM cloud"

next month is the last shuttle mission by the way

ISS has one more mission slated in "future" to the current one (28) that ends in September - interesting thing is; the next mission (29) has no end date at the minute, and half the team in the current mission are listed as members of the next mission....

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 28-6-2011 by Highlander64 because: extra info

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
They are just sending out standard emergency preparedness warnings to THEIR staff!! Or NASA family as they call it.

I don't see anything here. Except paranoia by some individuals stating there "is" something going on here.

Ah no! A rational argument! People can't handle rationality!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join