It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY cop admits framing people on drug charges and teaching younger cops to do the same

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ah, the nice NY cops... always there to serve and protect... the prison industry.

NYPD Sgt. William Eiseman pleads guilty to lying under oath in plea deal

A Manhattan cop pleaded guilty Monday to lying under oath and concocting evidence in three cases - but says he did it for the right reasons.

Sgt. William Eiseman, a 12-year NYPD veteran, admitted to faking a marijuana case against one man and coc aine-related charges against another - and training young cops to falsify paperwork to sidestep legal safeguards.

"These are allegations of serious misconduct," Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan told Eiseman, 39, who refused to give the cop a no-jail deal.

The judge said the allegations against Eiseman, "paint a picture of a police officer who has challenged and undermined the integrity of the entire system that we have here."

Merchan offered to give him 24 days at Rikers Island when he's sentenced Sept. 6 - far less than the seven years he faced if convicted at trial.

The cop took the deal and must quit his job and forfeit his pension.

Making stuff up to put them in jail and teaching other cops to do the same... great guy... great guy... and he won't do any prison... He should have done time inside, after all, he loves the prison industry so much...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
A cop at Riker's? Yeah, 24 days is about long enough I think. The guy will be lucky if he survives. I've heard that place referred to as "Gladiator school", and I'm sure it didn't get that nickname for being full of guys who drink tea and play croquet.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What the hell...corruption at it's finest...I give the cop kudos for fessing up so now they can get down to business investigating the rest of the countries corrupt civil servants.

I can't wait for the cop loving...one bad apple bunch to come defend the police once again.

Nice job...S&F...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was going to praise the judge for giving him a no-jail deal but then I saw the 24 days sentence.

What a joke!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I was there once, and let me tell you.... I would rather die than go back there. Unless they hold him in solitary, which they probably will, I can't see that ending well for him at all.....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have spoken to a few of the old cops where I live, and they tell me back in their day it was common place to put a false charge on a criminal who needed to be off the street. The key word is 'Criminal' here. The cops knew who the crims were, but due to to process/legal loopholes etc... they could not get them off the streets. So they would book them with a made up charge and put them where they should be, and joe citizen could go about their day in peace.

I can not imagine how frustrating it would be to catch a crim and have the system put him back on the streets. I don't agree with the actions of the cop in question, but I understand when he says he did it for the 'right' reasons'. The problem with these types of behaviours in leo's is the potential for abuse against people who are actually innocent of all crim, not career criminals.

I saw a story recently about 4 marines, one who was knifed by a guy who robbed a store they were standing in front off. The marines took the guy apart, but the offical report from the police stated 'fell onto kerb' or similar. The robber had a lot of broken bones etc...definatley not just a 'fall onto kerb' I think even though this is illegal, it can be called 'right'. It a fractured response to a fractured system unfortunatley, there can be no justcie when laws are absoulute. You just have to hope the leo does it for the 'right' reasons.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I hate to hear about this kind of stuff. It makes all of law enforcement look bad. Unfortunately, in a police force the size of New York City's, there's always gonna be those that succumb to the temptation and step over the line. If they get away with it a couple of times, they make the mistake of believing they are invincible.....and that's when they wind up getting caught (hopefully).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Actually it seems that ATS manages to find the rare and few Cops who spoil it for the rest.

Without cops and the law most of YOU would be dead by now as chaos would ensue. And the weak are always the first to go!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I disagree with planting things or making bad collars for the "right" reasons because there is no "right" reason. Even if the skell needs to go away- the truth will come out sooner or later and the guy will be back on the street while you're cooling your heels in prison.

This Sgt seems to have internalized the job which you can't do or you go nuts. It's much better to take the attitude of "They have to get lucky every day- I just have to get lucky once". Keeps you sane and honest.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Laughable @ 24 days.....

How many years would the men who would have been framed gotten...

Were any of them on their third strike....?

I personally believe the police officer should do the time for the offense he was trying to pass off as fact.

These officers words are used as EVIDENCE in court of law....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
Actually it seems that ATS manages to find the rare and few Cops who spoil it for the rest.

Without cops and the law most of YOU would be dead by now as chaos would ensue. And the weak are always the first to go!!

Perhaps, but that still doesn't justify corruption within the system that was designed to be a safety measure for the people. Some cops are bullies and corrupt while others stay hush-hush about these kinds of evil deeds.

And the cops that don't speak up because of the no ratting rule are just as bad. You take an oath for a reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Tragic but I am no longer surprised.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

It would be interesting to see how many police officers stepped up to the plate to turn in the "bad apples" (1) if punishments were doubled for abusing a position of power, like that of a LEO (2). Afterall, aren't these the EXACT excuses we are hearing the most these days from these people when they talk about Joe Q. Citizen?

1) Spy on each other and turn us in...
2) Longer sentences for people that should "know better" (ie. more serious punishments for selling drugs near schools or bigger longer prison terms for repeat offending)

Seems to me like this police officer is the worst of the worst, he knowingly commits a crime, knows he holds a position of power in a law enforcement capacity, then teaches younger officers, officers that are looking for older more mature and "wise" role models on the force to commit the same crimes, also abusing their offices... There should be no question he should be charged with all these things being taken into consideration.

-Lightrule

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Not just in the big city:

Been there, done that
After the police lied in court...
Forensic report came back "no analyzable substance found"
chief lost his job...
Sgt was denied a raise or promotion for three years.

Now we have OPP
(provincial police.)

The "Chief" went back to teaching college...
I still have to pay for a pardon

When one of the force thanked me for standing up and doing the right thing..
I said:
Where the hell were you...
edit on 28-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This thing is sort of like Training Day, the movie with Denzel Washington. Cops are generally good people (I hope), but where there's power, there's opportunity for abuse.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

Do you really believe that crap? Do you know how many of us out here do not have police forces protecting us? And by choice? Back when I live in NY, we dismissed our police force as an unneeded expense. I did fine living there for over ten years. Here in canada now, we also do not have a police force, there is 2 RCMP that hang out at the library, and guess what? No crime here either. Police have never done me any good, and good riddens to them. They are only there to write tickets, and collect revenue, that is all they are good for.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well I meant no offense to YOU individually. However, if I may reply.

They might not be much use in certain areas but the mere presence of the police in some areas is needed to keep down the level of crime.

For instance. If it were not for the Police, no matter how inept "The Monster of the Andes" Mr Pedro Lopez would be adding victims 301 and 302 to his list of girls and women he killed in South America.

The Hammer Killer or Levi Bellfield used a metal mallet to smash young girls in the face for fun and kill them. He would not of been jailed if it were not for the police and other peoples daughters would be met with the same fate.

The police might not of aided you personally or the village you come from or live in Canada where only two RCMP's patrol the library but for the majority of people who live in PROPER cities the police are needed even if not to solve crimes. Sometimes they are needed to be a physical deterrent to scoundrels and thieves before a crime is committed.

I agree that not all of them are right for the job, but not all of them are bad either. I would go as far as to say that the majority are in fact good. But with all jobs that have an eliment of bravado and power it will be abused.

I am one that think its not the police that are the problem but the people who govern THEM. They need a reality check and if the bad ones were outed and PUNISHED severely we would feel more appeased with their contribution.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I will play devils advocate in this story. What if those the two guys he set up on drug charges; one was a child molester that got off because the legal system fail and the other was implicated in several robberies but there was never enough evidence to arrest and convict? Maybe thats why he only got 24 days. We all talk about how messed up the legal system is and how someone should do something about it. Maybe this was his way of "doing something" about it. So what I'm asking is what you guys think about it. Would you guys be able to plant evidence on someone you know was involved in criminal activity, especially when it caused pain to many people?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I will play devils advocate in this story.

No need to dude, there are three or four people who devote their lives to speaking up for bad apple cops on ATS.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

You say sooner or later that guy will go away? Very true but is that before or after he kills, rapes, sells drugs to kids? Just wondering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join