It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International arrest warrant issued for Libya's Gadhafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

International arrest warrant issued for Libya's Gadhafi

www.thestar.com

THE HAGUE — The International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants on Monday for Libya’s Moammar Gadhafi, his son Saif al-Islam and the country’s spy chief, Abdullah al-Senussi, on charges of crimes against humanity.

ICC prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo had in May asked the court to issue arrest warrants for the “predetermined” killing of protesters in Libya following after the UN Security Council referred the issue to the court. Gadhafi has “absolute, ultimate and unquestioned control” over Libya
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War On Terrorism
Breaking Political News
Social Issues and Civil Unrest
Middle East Issues

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So only this guy is special right? I hope though he is but wasn't other countries is doing the same thing as well? I don't know but please how do you guys feel that this guy arrested? well i hope this Libya war is going to be over sooner or later.

I think thought that's what the law means to arrest someone special who committed the crimes and doing the job.

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
lol @ arrest warrant.

They can't seem to kill him with airstrikes...

sooo uhhhhh

this effective arrest warrant should have no problem uhhh yeah.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
WOW the west is throwing every dirty trick at him to get him out so they can get there greedy hands on libya's vast natural resources just look at the way the civil war in libya has had its effects on wester markets with oil prices .

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well if the post about WWIII happening in a week has an validity this would most certainly be a ruse to quell the resistance of the citizens. "We did all we could!... Loook, a warrant..." lmao

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

It happened gradually but I think it's safe to say that the American people have totally lost control of this country. Any military activity is always carried out by 'NATO' troops. By and large we know that's just a code word for American troops. Now binding legal decisions are handed down from an untouchable international court.
People automatically write talk of the NWO off as crazy, but this unprecedented 'international cooperation' in the middle east is transcending a little too much sovereignty for my comfort.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What about Kissinger?
When is he going to be arrested?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's not an American court it's a world court.

People whine about the UN should be in charge of things, then when they are the US is still blamed.

If anything this will be a shining example of why NOT to ever let the UN or EU take charge of anything on a world scale. They are the masters of half measures.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I agree for the most part. Sometimes though if UN take charge, no bla,e if US take charge, we get the blame. So no matter what we do, we are evil right?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000

It happened gradually but I think it's safe to say that the American people have totally lost control of this country. Any military activity is always carried out by 'NATO' troops. By and large we know that's just a code word for American troops. Now binding legal decisions are handed down from an untouchable international court.
People automatically write talk of the NWO off as crazy, but this unprecedented 'international cooperation' in the middle east is transcending a little too much sovereignty for my comfort.

If US troops are in the ground, 50/50 chance that Obama would be out. I don't worry anyways since it's a fact a Europeans war and we supported them as a favor because they helped us in Iraq and Afghanistan.

BTW i think this link is interesting from BBC news.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

arrest warrant though for his crimes i bet.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hello Gadhafi...goodbye Osama...

gadhafi=the new osama it seems

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What crimes? You mean the lies created by the mainstream media?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

If the US is so innocent, then why have they refused to sign into the ICC?

It seems pretty damn suspicious that the American media and government would both damn and outright attack Ghadaffi, yet American leaders are not subject to the same court that they want to use to arrest him with.

top topics

join