It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoria, IL Uprisings--Is Your Town Next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This eye-witness account is from Paul Wilkinson, president of the Altamont Park Neighborhood Association: Tonight, around 11 p.m., a group of at least 60-70 African American youth marched down one of the side streets (W. Thrush) to the 4 lane main drag (Sheridan). They were yelling threats to white residents. Things such as we need to kill alll the white people around here. They were physically intimidating anyone calling for help from the police. They were surrounding cars. Cars on the main drag had to slam on their brakes to either avoid the youth blocking not only all four lanes, but a large section of the side street as well. fights were breaking out among them. They were rushing residents who looked out their doors, going on to porches, yelling threats to people calling the police for help.

Cars were doing U turns on the streets just to avoid the mob, mostly male. One youth stated his grandfather was white and several assaulted him on the spot. One police officer answered the call. The youth split into two large groups, one heading north, the other south. They were also yelling racial threats to the police officer but he was outnumbered. Another police car did not show up until after the youth finally dispersed and the patty wagon (van) also eventually showed up. Residents are very shaken, both black and white alike.

This is the fifth large mob action in about a month with smaller groups of 10-12 are out threatening children and adults a few evenings a week or later into the night. The times vary, even occuring during the day. In talking to the police officer, they are short staffed. Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors. In other words buckle down, it’s not even safe to sit on your porch or go into your yards. “The fifth large mob action in about a month.” Wow. This is really outrageous. Why is this neighborhood having to put up with this?

“Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors”? Seriously? That’s the best we can do for our fellow citizens’ safety?

Source 1
Source 2
edit on 26-6-2011 by intelinside451 because: Source Link Broken

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Already posted.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Another thing I have been reading about is the growing number of flash mobs attacking Walgreen's, Sears and other stores. Groups of 10-50 people running in, grabbing everything they can and leaving.

It's just starting to get worse....

The next step will be a police state, every move questioned, every location known, clearance to go shopping, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And here i was thinking Americans had firearms for this very purpose, just wait for a couple to enter your property and boom!
I just had a recall of the movie "any which way but loose" the old lady on the porch with the double barrel shotty.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I trully believe we are responsible for our own safety...an armed society is a polite one.

Peoria and the recent Walgrrens (Chicago) are both Illinois, were liberal, anti Second Amendment laws are in place. The Sears flashmob was in suburban Philadelphia--still liberal...but the contrast being PA is a Concealed Carry State. My guess, is that one of these "mobs" of "youths" is going to try this in the wrong environment, and one or two law abiding citizens will defend themselves. The media won't be able to ignore the problem then.

The generational mindset of 'entitlement' is clearly evident--just take what you want.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
I trully believe we are responsible for our own safety...an armed society is a polite one.

I couldn't agree more (well, except I'd say truly, not trully
. Sorry!
). Time to reverse the trend MSM likes to promote that suggests we NEED Government to protect us.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I can't help but wonder who is sponsoring and paying for this. I find it hard to believe that is is happeing all at once out of the blue. I guess they can't get the people agitiated enough to protest or revolt so they are trying a different approach,All of us are currently caught in the middle of a power grab each size attempting to start something.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And people still ask the question, "Why does anyone need an automatic weapon?"

A person needs an automatic weapon to kill a lot of people quickly.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Your right things would be much better if these kids had automatic weapons.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Your right things would be much better if these kids had automatic weapons.

Look at the battle of New Orleans, how the heavily armed gangsters where easily crushed and the city liberated after the State national Guard units moved in.

---------------
P.S

This is why you live in a more Rural area instead of cookie cutter suburbs. People come onto your acre or 12 acre property=boom, problem solved.
edit on 27-6-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join