It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kissing Couple Vancouver Hockey Riots What Really Happened New Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Wow! Just popped up on my subs on youtube(argh I hate this new youtube setup.. anyways)

Im sure everybody remembers the pic from the very beginning of the vid, Now we see how they got that way

Can see clearly that a cop smacked that girl with the riot shield, then barreled down the street with the other riot cops, leaving the man in the arms of this battered girl... weather they were kissing I couldnt see, but I now know why they were laying in the middle of it all, they got beat up!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I had to log in to comment on this. Is it just me, or does this look like total propaganda footage? Staged film. Nice tabloid post - there are bigger fish to fry.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The whole riot was dismissed with that picture and commentary.
Ah, ain't that sweet. No big deal.
Man , this is killer video.
This is the UFO landing on top of your house evidence of the almost total control they think they have on our thinking.

I'm old and jaded, but it got by me too.
Great post.
Let's send this one right along to the people an hour from now.
Lets check back on this thread now and then and keep it going.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I was so glad to see this. The first time I saw that picture I wondered if those two were on drugs.

How sickening, that someone took a photo out of context and made it look like they were kissing - when really he was comforting someone who had been injured.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
0:41 for AWESOME EXPLOSION! MAN THAT WAS AWESOME!

ps: as for the couple, oh them. okay...

ANYWAY. THAT WAS JUST A COOL SOUNDING EXPLOSION.

HEAR IT WITH SUBWOOFERS. BADASS!

I CAN ALREADY FEEL THE ADRENALINE! YEAH... MAN I THINK I'M READY TO BEAT SOME PEOPLE.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

reply to post by pforkp

Are you suggesting that in the middle of this police action, that the picture was staged?
How?
By who?
For what purpose?
This was a riot and police action.
These to people were knocked to the ground in the police action and ALL the major media used that still photo which became the dominant image of the riot.
By showing it TOTALLY out of context the image can be turned into anything the commentators wish.

A riot in the streets of the United States of America is turned into a love fest by the media and you say it was staged and propagandistic.
Propaganda, sure, but who?
You sound so sure.
Who?
And you encourage us to move on. There was a riot in the streets of the United States of America and it was turned into a love fest by the media.
Let it go?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drsamuelfrancis

Who are you?
And what does stfu mean?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Is the issue here the excitement of the video, that these people were knocked to the ground, or that the major media took an out of context picture from a riot in the streets of the United States of America and turned into a love fest?

Exciting sure. Move on to the next excitement
A couple of people knocked to the ground, yea thats just wrong but you know riots, that kinda thing happens and we move along.

A riot in the streets of the United States of America is turned into a love fest by the media?

Just what is the issue here?

And can someone please tell me what STFU means? Oh I get it now, some one just told me to shut up.
See? I may be slow but eventually I figure some things out.

As one of my early heroes once said and if he said once he said it a thousand times
Tha tha tha that's all folks.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
WOW. That video really put that picture in perspective. It looked staged until i saw that video.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You can't front... it did look staged. The video did them justice.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

What was the original context that the image was released under? That those two just decided to lay on the road and make out in the middle of a riot? Did that cause the population to dismiss the riots as an act of drug fueled youngsters getting off on the destruction?

Are people that dumbed down out west already? That's amazing, and interesting evidence of mind control and conditioning of the populace.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Vancouver is in Canada.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Thats exactly what i felt when i saw that picture. That this was all a big publicity stunt. The video showed otherwise. Please don't judge me, at least my eyes are opened now.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Oh, so you saw the picture as romanticizing the rioters? Sort of like our own little Tahrir Square up here in Canada?

Maybe they just couldn't put through the caption "man comforts woman who was struck to the ground by riot police moments before this photo was taken" for some reason and some numbskull decided to say they were kissing instead?

Or, maybe, freedom is slavery, already.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the video OP - more proof on how the MSM manipulates the truth

I'm just about 40 miles below the BC border in Washington state - approximately 78 miles from Vancouver. They've always seemed more civilized up there when I've visited, not sure what's going on these days.

I too recall seeing MSM reports telling about riots with a strange scene of a kissing couple which they flashed by quickly. At the time I thought too bad about the riots, but yeah that couple must of been "On Something" to be kissing in the middle of a riot. I will say that I don't recall whether it was a local station or a major network report, but yeah now that I see this video, I think it is weird that they reported it at all.
edit on 26-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: what - say what one more time

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce

Oh, so you saw the picture as romanticizing the rioters? Sort of like our own little Tahrir Square up here in Canada?

Maybe they just couldn't put through the caption "man comforts woman who was struck to the ground by riot police moments before this photo was taken" for some reason and some numbskull decided to say they were kissing instead?

Or, maybe, freedom is slavery, already.

Listen man. I have been through my share of riots and rioting. I have never been in any such situation where ANYONE was kissing (much less on the ground in the middle of the street). Get off your high horse and accept the fact that the media used that picture to tone down the situation to those in the world not so well informed of what was going on. Other people do have their own problems you know. Be happy that the Op is opening eyes by posting this video. Where were you with your "freedom is slavery" talk when i was getting shot or stabbed?? Probably handling your own problems.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah MSM needs to show this video and correct their outlook...

I mean whoever took the actual picture should have known what really happened, but totally twisted it into their own agenda

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Wow, you really misunderstood me! I'm agreeing with you. My tone was meant to be authentic, not sarcastic, but hey I understand you're a New Yorker right? We're a bit more sincere up here I guess lol.

"Freedom is Slavery" is a reference to George Orwell's "1984". In that story the government twists everything around in the media to distort and spin the information for their own purposes,

Kind of like what must be going on right now, for this to happen.

I hope that clears things up. I'm not judging you in any way at all, the MSM is to blame for you being misinformed about the pic. That can't be your fault, you're all the way on the other side of the continent.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by Schkeptick

Is the issue here the excitement of the video, that these people were knocked to the ground, or that the major media took an out of context picture from a riot in the streets of the United States of America and turned into a love fest?

haha

Originally posted by Darce
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Vancouver is in Canada.

Thank You! made my day.. Maybe he got that thought from Watson on Jeopardy.. I think what happened to this couple was sort of horrible.. she did get beat pretty hard.. Though they seem to be ok now..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join