It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Dies After Waking Up at Her Own Funeral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

A woman has died of heart failure caused by the shock of waking up at her own funeral.

Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov came to as grieving relatives prayed around her open coffin.

The horrified 49-year-old began screaming when she realized they were getting ready to bury her.

She was rushed back to the hospital, where doctors had declared her dead from a suspected heart attack.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/24/2011 by theindependentjournal because: title change

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Slow news day at fox news?

I don't know but I think it's hilariously funny. Not that she died or the hospital messing up but the headline and could you imagine waking up in your coffin at your funeral?

Russia don't embalm?

This is why Doctors PRACTICE Medicine I think!

49 is awfully young age to die, I wonder why she was in the hospital to start with, the story doesn't say, just says she was there, funeral home and back to the hospital and back to the funeral home, FOR GOOD! LOL

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well aint that just irony at its worst ... such bad luck ...

I guess when its your time .. its your time

No need to thank me for this helpful post

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I hope they double and triple check before trying to plant her this time.

They were wrong once...

link   
Maybe she died of a coffin' fit?

One shouldn't laugh really because that is truly horrific but that joke just had to be made.

link   
how strange .. .just yesterday i was thinking about waking up at my funeral and how people would react

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There are a few inconsistencies in the story; they said she woke up and started screaming, but her husband said that her eyes fluttered and they immediately rushed her to the hospital. It lacks any mention of the original cause of "death". Not to mention that the source is Fox News. This is pure entertainment news, plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
One would think that the first clue that this lady was still alive would have been when they put her warm corpse into the casket. Or the fact that rigor mortis had not set in.

I wonder how many days she was "dead" before she died? Also, what...do they not embalm the dead in Russia?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Russia don't embalm?

If they don't embalm. then that could partially explain how this could be possible. Often a funeral is about 3 days after the death. That is after all blood has been removed and replaced with embalming fluid.

If they do not embalm, then there is probably a higher priority on having the funeral, and getting the body underground asap. Nobody wants to have their last vision of a loved one, accompanied by memory of a horrific smell.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

in the 1800s they would tie a string to the finger or toe of the dead and tie the other end to a bell. for 3 days they would listen for a "dead ringer". Great post.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
how strange .. .just yesterday i was thinking about waking up at my funeral and how people would react

lol .... youre right .. that is quite strange ..

no offence .. couldnt resist

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
There are a few inconsistencies in the story; they said she woke up and started screaming, but her husband said that her eyes fluttered and they immediately rushed her to the hospital. It lacks any mention of the original cause of "death". Not to mention that the source is Fox News. This is pure entertainment news, plain and simple.

Thats what i want to know too,
what was the cause of the initial
death?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I hate to say it but....

This is kinda funny actually

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No way...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I asked many of these questions and made many of these observations in my first post. Slow news day to cover it at all I think. But at least tell us what she originally died from...

Embalming must be too expensive or something for them not to do it unless they were Russian Jews. I still think it hilarious though...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

"Haha we got you good grandm..! Grandma?"

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

I am very suspicious of the validity of this story. What really happened? I don't think we are being told the entire truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How is that even possible? I thought during the burial process corpses' organs were taken out and the body was filled with embalming fluid. Idk hard to believe IMHO

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Surely with todays medical science they would know she was dead before she left the hospital,a sad story if it's true.imagine waking up at your own funeral,enough to give you a heart attack i would think.
I'm not so sure about this story but interesting if it is true.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
I thought during the burial process corpses' organs were taken out and the body was filled with embalming fluid.

You thought wrong. Blood is removed and replaced with formaldehyde/embalming fluid.
IF there is a removal of the organs, it is not done as part of the embalming process. That leaves alot of open holes, and actually makes the embalming process a little more difficult.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join