It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic manners and critical thinking skills on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
In the past few months of reading ATS, so far I have gathered the following summation from a few posters:
(I'm certain some are trolling, but then again I'm still not convinced)

1. Stop overreacting, cops are just doing their job. Obey and you'll be fine. You shouldn't be standing in your yard if the cop says go in your house. You get what you deserve. Oops, that cop thought his gun was a taser! Let that poor guy out of jail for mindlessly executing an unarmed cuffed black man.

2. Women, stop whining about TSA touching your genitals. If you don't like it, don't fly or get yourself a private plane. TSA is only trying to protect you. You can't whine, if you don't have a private plane!

3. UFO's are all chinese lanterns. There is no possible way those lights you just photographed/filmed could be UFO's. They are chinese lanterns, let's move along now!

4. People who are old and taking up space need to be euthanized. Yes! Let's get rid of them quickly as possible because they are just hanging on and annoying us.

5. Illegal immigrants are not human. They deserve nothing. Send them back to their own country. Don't give their babies any form of medical care! That'll teach em'.

6. In the U.S., you better speak english, even if you are a Native American Indian. Why? Cause this is the UNITED STATES! Go home if you don't like it here.

There's a lot more, but I'm out of steam.

Lately I've seen so many instances of racial and gender hate on this site. It's digusting. I think it's time people start employing the use of having some basic manners and critical thinking skills. Don't forget that you are posting with people of all races, cultures, and back grounds.

Can we all afford one another even the most basic human respect? Like it or not, we are all on this planet together and no one gets out alive. Can we make use of this time by treating one another with a shred of kindness or understanding? Can we not agree to disagree, without cruelty on ATS?

/rant over

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
In the past few months of reading ATS, so far I have gathered the following summation from a few posters:
(I'm certain some are trolling, but then again I'm still not convinced)

2. Women, stop whining about TSA touching your genitals. If you don't like it, don't fly or get yourself a private plane. TSA is only trying to protect you. You can't whine, if you don't have a private plane!

Could you be any more insensitive ? I wouldn't want some random guy touching my junk :/

3. UFO's are all chinese lanterns. There is no possible way those lights you just photographed/filmed could be UFO's. They are chinese lanterns, let's move along now!

Although i admit a fair amount could be lanters, you're are being very close minded.

You know what, im not even going to bother, i think you are trolling the hell out of this post haha.
Goodnight

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Seems to me you are doing all the whinging mate.
You obviously have a huge chip on your shoulder about life.
You have started a thread on some subjects the a lot of folk are,
compasionate about so you can piss people off and get lots of replies,
hoping that this will bloom into a huge thread that everyone will talk about.
And while on the subject of euthanasia of "Old People",then maybe you should,
think about ending it yourself and giving us folks back all the fresh air you are
using over your pathetic moaning.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamesprototype

You may want to read the op again.

OP you have observed some of the things I have recently. They cannot all be trolls and it amazes me that people actually think that way about certain issues. Saying old people are a liability and should be euthanized is one of the most ignorant statements I have read here lately.

People should start at this website before they post on ATS. We need more people promoting reason and logic on this site and in the world in general.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stu2112

Whoa people are really misinterpreting what the OP is saying. I guess this is what she was referring to (critical thinking skills and reading comprehension)

The op is talking about people who say these things. She is not saying them herself.
edit on 23-6-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

Actually you are right.
(huge slice of humble pie coming up)
My sincere apologies to the OP i did infact misread the thread.
Excuses , well i got a massive hangover,,,still no excuse though
Sorry.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stu2112

We have all done it before. I have had some hangovers that could be considered very legitimate excuses.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
in Stu's defense, I read it twice

My biggest pet peeve on and any all topics throughout ATS
People who do not read the thread
Most of the time they'd see their questions are already answered.
My 2nd pet peeve - people who only read the title and not even the OP
I see that way more than I should

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stu2112

That's alright! Maybe I wasn't being clear enough. I should have had more coffee today before posting this.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

What makes it worse is the fact i gotta go to work now,
and i work in a petrol station,,,,,,aww man the thought.
Have a good day folks.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Good posts...............some of the replies don't understand you were being sarcastic, it went clear over their heads.

As far as you young ones being out there and thinking us old ones are useless.

As a child I would come down each morning after milking the cows and cleaning out the barn to have breakfast with Grandma H.

I learned more from listening to her stories of how things use to be and was able to add them to my experiences..........kids now days don't talk to their elders, they're too busy playing video games or texting.

And that is the way TPTB want it because with age comes experience.

Yes some old people are feeble minded, but many have a lot of experiences to share and added to yours could bring one a lot bigger picture of what is happening.

TPTB want us separated, because united we stand, divided we fall.

And we are falling, just as planned.

Again, I learned so much by simply sitting quietly eating my breakfast and listening to Grandma H's fasinating stories of how life was during the first part of the last century.

My grand daughter is too busy to ask me or listen to my experiences - like most young ones she has been indoctrinated into the clueless club.

I've lived next month it will be 59 years.

Alot has changed in those years, ALOT.

Life as I knew it just 40 years ago is so different than now and I can see putting Grandma's 70 years + my 50+ years together a bigger picture emerging, and it ain't pretty.

When I was young, I always found old people interesting, always wanted them to tell me their story - I once talked with a holocaust survivor, a person who walked with her father past Stalin giving a speech, a Native American that saw a (dare I say the word
) r.e.p.t.i.l.i.a.n. pop out of thin air, run across the desert and pop back out...........(other dimensional / fall through???).

Alot of stories, maybe just stories - but boy, talking to older people when I was young was way more interesting than TV.

United we stand, divided we fall.......................best proverb in my book because according to war stradegy, once you divide your enemy among themselves, conquering them is easy.

And humanity has been at war for a very long time.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

4. People who are old and taking up space need to be euthanized. Yes! Let's get rid of them quickly as possible because they are just hanging on and annoying us.

5. Illegal immigrants are not human. They deserve nothing. Send them back to their own country. Don't give their babies any form of medical care! That'll teach em'.

6. In the U.S., you better speak english, even if you are a Native American Indian. Why? Cause this is the UNITED STATES! Go home if you don't like it here.

There's a lot more, but I'm out of steam.

Lately I've seen so many instances of racial and gender hate on this site. It's digusting. I think it's time people start employing the use of having some basic manners and critical thinking skills. Don't forget that you are posting with people of all races, cultures, and back grounds.

Can we all afford one another even the most basic human respect? Like it or not, we are all on this planet together and no one gets out alive. Can we make use of this time by treating one another with a shred of kindness or understanding? Can we not agree to disagree, without cruelty on ATS?

/rant over

These last three really got me both humorous & horrid…humorrid? The “learn the language or go home even for a Native American”…LOL! Nice observations!

Hilarious replies especially since some could note the irony or sarcasm, which amazes me, but oh well.

We make this forum too by our actions and our words and if we see it becoming a dark den of ignorance, rudeness and hate we need to step in and share our light of respect, dignity and knowledge!

top topics

join