It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All The Planes Gone?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Planes are in the hands of New World Order, don't you get it ?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elizabeth2010

1/ what does that mean?
and

2/ What is the evidence for it?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Back to the OP, the topic of not seeing planes on a non-contrail day is a topic that comes up with some regularity. This morning in Los Angeles was a prime example, with clear blue skies, and no clouds, contrails, or planes to be seen.

So, I've written a post over on ContrailScience.com, explaining the various factors that make planes hard to see when there are not clouds or contrails.

contrailscience.com...

The most interesting factor is "empty field myopia", which basically halves the farthest distance at which you can pick out a target in the sky. Quite likely this is responsible for the average person's inability to see a large amount of planes that they would easily spot if they were in a sky that contained clouds or contrails.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
hey ATS, hello everyone.

i work outside this summer (painting houses), and i simply cannot keep quiet about how i feel anymore.

virtually not a single plane, or contrail/chemtrail has been in the sky for the past two weeks here. i live in the greater kansas city area, and this isn't a passing observation i've noted a few times in the past week. i work outside, i am constantly entirely aware of how the sky looks, where clouds are, where the sun is. the weather dictates my job, and i am as i have said, constantly aware of it.

now, i know exactly what people are describing when they talk about contrails/chemtrails that hang in the sky and dissipate across the sky and linger all day long. i've been painting houses on and off for years now, and beyond that, i'm always interested in the weather and aware of the sky. i'm so used to seeing the con/chemtrails all day everyday, i expect to see them when i go outside, work, or drive somehwere. and i know exactly how everyone who is aware of them feels. i have no idea when they started spraying exactly, but i remember when i first realized, these are not at all, without any doubt in my mind or gut, not the normal puffy clouds i grew up gazing at as a child, and i only knew much much later in life about the whole "chemtrail" phenomenon, which i don't even 100% believe. i do know that for a good fraction of my life, being aware of these chemtrails and before i knew of them, i was intrinsically aware of them and how they tugged on my mind, like how you know you're forgetting something when you're about to leave the house, but you have to ignore your instinct anyway because you have to leave, and then you realize you've forgotten something, it's just that feeling of something being wrong.

anyway, for the past two weeks, literally nothing. breathtakingly beautiful and refreshing normal, absolutely normal white puffy clouds. no contrails from jets way up in the atmosphere (which never lasted all day and became a program of clouds in the sky when i was growing up).

nothing. not a single trace of this phenomenon that has been such a huge part of my life for the past two weeks. i just got home from a float trip way about 200 miles away, same there, nothing strange in the sky. wonderfully normal sparse, puffy summer clouds drifting by, and neon sky blue skies. just wonderful weather. i was out in the beating sun for 8 hours and i didn't burn at all, when normally i would. no suntan lotion.

i just really wanted to express, besides how great and refreshing and amazing it has been, how strange it strikes me. it almost bothers me that this program is suddenly stopped it seems. i don't remember not seeing any for this long before. i can't help but think about the NASA employee safety measures they sent out recently... and honestly it worries me a bit. i have a pile of saving and i'm honestly contemplating spending it all on survival gear that i've always had my eyes on.

the consensus seems to be that we will pass through an EM cloud and we have no time at all to back up our power grids for everyone to be ok, and only those who are on a need to know basis will be preparing for this disaster... i really don't like how paranoid this makes me, i should be happy, and i want to say that i do feel very silly for feeling this way and its hard to admit this is how i feel, but all i know is that if i have this seemingly pieces of info that give me insight into events that will happen soon, i feel like i really shouldn't sit on it.

i remember when there was all the hub-bub about a nuke going off in DC. there really wasn't much hard evidence connecting that as something that would happen, but the two events, halting of chemtrail programs, and the strange nasa safety measures, along with the info and links in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... , has me feeling the way i do.

and that's all i really wanted to say to yall. this is how i really feel and i had to let someone know.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elizabeth2010

The planes are in the hands of the pilots, the owners, and the operators. You do realize that for every airline (which includes Fedex and UPS) flight that there are on average 3 general aviation flights, including many jet-engine powered aircraft. I don't know if you were joking about that statement, but you clearly do not know what you are talking about if you were not joking.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

It's probably just the weather.

Contrail persistence requires certain weather conditions. Sometimes the weather does not have these conditions, particularly in summer. That's why you always get far less contrail activity in the summer.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There has been a dearth of con/chemtrail activity in southern Kansas as well. I have not seen any trails of any kind for about 3 months at least. Seriously, none! We are under a high pressure system atm, a dome hovering over the middle of the states that is the cause of severe heat and drought conditions. I don't know if the two are related, but it is nice to have clear skies and white puffy clouds for a change, I just wish it would rain!!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't mean to beat a dead horse but, I haven't seen a single 'contrail', 'chemtrail' whatever you want to call it since a few weeks before this thread was started. And yes, there has been moisture in the air because we've had clouds at times but not a single trail. Did all air traffic just cease to exist? I'm no expert but around this time last year I observed persistent 'contrails'. And it was a lot hotter last summer. I'm confused can someone let me know what's happening?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo88

It's the weather (at 30,000+ feet).

Where do you live?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Every year, without fail, as long as I have been watching chemtrail since (since 2000) they wonder in the summertime what happened to the contrails?

And without fail, every fall/winter, they mention the increased spraying and more "chemtrails", and heavy spray days.

It seems so patently obvious, summer = warmer temps = less likely to have prominent contrails. Winter = colder air, more likely to have contrails than summer.

But even this simple relationship, is like rocket science to many chemtrailers, and its baffling as to why.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Contrails less frequent in summer, says scientists:

www-pm.larc.nasa.gov...

The average maximum in late winter
computed from Fig. 6b is nearly 4 times greater than
the summertime minimum. Both theoretical (Sausen et
al. 1998) and empirical (Mannstein et al. 2000) estimates
of contrail coverage and satellite-derived contrail
frequencies (DeGrand et al. 2000) yield a minimum during
July, consistent with the broad summertime minimum
seen here. Sausen et al. (1998) report a 400%
increase in coverage from the July minimum to their
April maximum, while DeGrand et al. (2000) find a 40%
increase in frequency between July and their October
maximum. Sausen et al. (1998) and DeGrand et al.
(2000) find larger values for both coverage and frequency,
respectively, during April than during January
over the United States. The Sausen et al. (1998) mean
coverage during January and October are the same,
while Fig. 6b suggests that the contrail occurrence
steadily increases between October and February. The
preliminary results of Mannstein et al. (2000) and Palikond
a et al. (2002) from 1993 and 2001 satellite data,
respectively, are qualitatively consistent with the surface
observations. For example, during April, October, and
December 1993, respective contrail coverage from
Mannstein et al. (2000) was 0.020, 0.019, and 0.021,
while the contrail frequencies for the 13 sites having
measurements during all three months during 1993–94
were 0.188, 0.163, and 0.197.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4a7013bf1a8.jpg[/atsimg]

Persisten contrails frequency ALSO varies greatly by location, and somewhat randomly from year to year.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed8783eccd8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Wow. That curve looks familiar. Now where have I seen that shape before? Oh, I know...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Graphs combined:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc3876c36db3.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm wondering if that dip around the New Year is actually because of the bad weather, or simply that people have better things to do around Christmas and the New Year.

I think the disproportionate peak around oct-nov is probably something of a rebound effect - people have not seen contrails for a while, so it's "ZOMG chemtrails are back!!!", for a while, then they get used them.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I have seen not one contrail/chemtrail in my skies since the summer began. On ATS, member threads announcing chemtrail activity has all but ceased. This is an indication to me that, more than likely, the majority of vapor trails presumed to be chemtrails in the skies over many areas around the world in any given year are probably contrails.

edit on 30-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

The New Year anomaly is interesting but since the data source is human it is subject to any number of possibilities. Likewise, I would agree that the autumn increase is due to the "wow, look at that" factor as contrails begin to show up more frequently.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There were a couple of Australian chemtrail thread recently. Of course it's winter down there, so contrail season.

Summer is not always the seasons of NO contrails (although I've not seen one for weeks in Los Angeles), it's the season of far less contrails, and long periods of no contrails. Much like with rain. It also varies from place to place. I say that July has had maybe only 10% of the contrails we got back in April.

I remember the summer of 2009 we had a dearth of contrails, and they returned rather dramatically on October 26th with this cool combo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d999d3c8d7b3.jpg[/atsimg]

(Not actually curved, that's just the effect of the panorama stitching)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

(Not actually curved, that's just the effect of the panorama stitching)

Sure, it is, Uncinus......SURE, it is! LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I'm wondering if that dip around the New Year is actually because of the bad weather, or simply that people have better things to do around Christmas and the New Year.

I think you have a point about the bad weather. In those months that are typically cloudy anyway, it sometimes is hard to decipher vapor trails from clouds.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I covered that in the OP of the "seasonal" thread. Lousy weather means people aren't outside as much and low level clouds conceal the high stuff.

edit on 7/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

can't help but think about the NASA employee safety measures they sent out recently... and honestly it worries me a bit. i have a pile of saving and i'm honestly contemplating spending it all on survival gear that i've always had my eyes on.

Hi, Shagreen, thanks for your post. The only thing is, I don't understand how you've managed to make a correlation between chemtrails and the Nasa employee safety measures. This kind of thing bothers me because it can result in people jumping on a bandwagon where there is no need for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join